armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Old 03-08-2005, 02:34 AM
Recruit

china will storm Taiwan in near future, do you believe that US force will join the war to protect Taiwan?if do,in which way will US force prevent china?

Old 03-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Recruit

I think the Chinese army has quantitative strength, but quality it does not possess. Western armies will always be better trained and equipped. The manpower deficit isn't enough to tip the balance in Chinese favour. If there was to be a war between the West and China, it would be one HELL of a fight though.
If China attacked Taiwan I think the USA wouldn't take direct military action, because the risk of war with China would be too great. Huge political and economic consequences there would be, but war I think not.

Old 03-21-2005, 11:16 PM
Recruit

Another factor in a US - China war is all the Chinese that are now American citizens... I'm sure they would have to have a major effect, its not like Mao is still in power and would risk their lives...

Also check this out... Guiness says that China has 200 million soldiers that could be mobilized if needed

[url]http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/gwr5/content_pages/record.asp?recordid=46299[/url]

Old 03-30-2005, 09:12 AM
Sergeant

what i have found thru research is quality over quantity. china has alot, but we have tech. and the tactics i belive if not to win, to hold our own. i imagine we would have quite a few allys. if we were attacked on the mainland, then most likeyly canada and mexico will get involved, hopefully canada. england is a given, and nato and un? china is communist, we are repulic. id imagine if we were attacked on the mainland, then i would bet we'd get a multitude of voulenteers to defend out freedom, to keep our freedom. atleast i would......
how strong is our military? such as statistics?

Old 03-30-2005, 09:14 AM
Sergeant

touchy subject, i agree with rulebrittianna, prolly just military advisers like in the start of vietnam. and remeber, we do have another war on our hands........... if we open up to many fronts we'll crumble apart

Old 04-04-2005, 08:57 PM
nico

Default china is not USSR

the way you describe china reminds of the fear USSR inspirered us during the cold war.
but china is very different from USSR. the trade between the US, and china is so important that if it had to stop, both country would collapse. US needs china, china needs the US, war is just not possible. moreover china 's ambition is not to destroy the US, it is to become the the leader of asia, and a lot of powerful countries, such as japan, ,russia, india, and south korea would try to stop her from doing so. it is likely that the US won't need to get millitary involved, asian countries would do the job for us.

Old 04-08-2005, 07:06 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Default Definately China

I would have to say China, afterall they do have 1.3 BILLION people, and they're ruled by Communists. This means conscription and power by numbers.

Then again, North Korea dont have any proven size, all we know is that they are BIG.

Old 04-12-2005, 09:05 AM
Sergeant

hmmmm, india a threat?

Old 04-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerhopefull_1162
hmmmm, india a threat?
India has never had an aggressive approach and has never started a war. India is a threat to no country and only acts in self defense.

Old 04-20-2005, 07:07 AM
Command Sergeant Major

i agree that india is no threat. but i have a general question for Ghurka.

I admit ignorance to the issue, but what is the deal with the dispute between India and Pakistan over the Kashmir province. Is there anything particularly important about the place or what??