armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Education
User Name
Password

Old 01-19-2006, 07:42 AM
Private

Send a message via MSN to Carib FMJ
Lightbulb Is it Possible to Serve in the army and get College education?

I was wondering if I could serve full time in the army and still be able to acquire a four year degree or obtain a masters and then go up for being an Officer? I plan to do four years, but if required I can boost it to six. Whatever it takes.

I wanted to know what would costs be and could I do my training and everything and still get my degrees?

Old 01-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carib FMJ
I was wondering if I could serve full time in the army and still be able to acquire a four year degree or obtain a masters and then go up for being an Officer? I plan to do four years, but if required I can boost it to six. Whatever it takes.

I wanted to know what would costs be and could I do my training and everything and still get my degrees?
Is it possible? Sure. Likely? Depends. Depends on your MOS, deployments, TDYs, etc.

I would suggest checking into the Green to Gold program.

Old 04-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Corporal

Oh yeah...it's definitely possible. It will take a lot of self discipline on your part and cooperation between you and your command. The Army encourages and wants its Soldiers to be educated though--it makes for a better work force. That's why the Army will pay for 100% of your undergraduate education while your in. The best way to do it is through distance learning now--cuz you can take it with you if you get deployed, transferred, etc.