User Name
Password

Old 09-10-2006, 02:08 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by torspo[fin] View Post
our navy is so avesome.. we have few missile boats and
umm.. Jurmo-class troop boats... hmm

hehe... well do you expect a country with defence doctorine to have a large navy
anyhows? minelayer ships we do have..
defencive capability like anti-ship missiles..
like thease [URL="http://www.mil.fi/merivoimat/esikunta/toim_kalu_mto-85.jpg"]MTO-85[/URL]

*edit*

it came to my mind to provide some further info on the missile from the FAS.org
but aparently, they dont have much.. i can see the reason why.. thease systems
are vital for scandinavian sea defence.
[URL="http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/row/rbs15.htm"]http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/row/rbs15.htm[/URL]
Haha... yes, ours is tiny too.... and rarely sober as Tex so eliquently pointed out....

Old 09-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Haha... yes, ours is tiny too.... and rarely sober as Tex so eliquently pointed out....
Well Sailors are known to be drunks lol. And well... Irish Sailors... haha yeah I'm sure they drink!!

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over" - Gen William T. Sherman

Old 09-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Ireland have no real need for a hudge navy i dont think we would(british) allow ireland to be attack from the sea irish waters and british waters are 2 close.....a hostile navy wouldnt be allowed to operate in british waters and attack an allie,theyd be on the bottom of the irish sea fast......... im sure

Old 09-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

my dad was in the royal navy thats what made me wanna join the forces ......he liked a drink no doubt

Old 09-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
hmh. well thats due our, lets say quite limited sea access.. and drunk they are. (wasted)
while inland.. i think thats something to do with naturally compensating with the
rocking conditions of the sea.

Old 09-10-2006, 04:00 PM
First Sergeant

Send a message via ICQ to europeanfigther Send a message via MSN to europeanfigther Send a message via Yahoo to europeanfigther

i Think that navies like tha irish one the dutch, danish and so on are only there to support larger ones in complex operations.
The italian navy is quite a good one but Nowdays most of the countries facing the mediterranean are not hostile to the EU so id say its pretty useless having the figthing force that we have, all we'd need are small and fast ships for coastguaring and thats about it.

Old 09-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Major General

Quote:
Now Tex!!.... thats now way to talk about the Irish Navy so harshly..... our Navy has bars on the boats.... so drinks can pile up, and no downside for the trip back to the rack.... See if all Navies thought of the priorities like we do , then there would be more drinking and more fighting..... Haha!!!... I have to say, our Navy is slightly sad.... the Sailors are compaining about 3 month tours at sea... like crap, all they do is sail around the bloody Island.... suprise they dont get dissey!!.... Navy pukes.... such feckin moaney whores.... the lot of them!!... GO ARMY!!!...
Good man ,I knew you would take that the way it was meant

Old 09-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj100 View Post
Ireland have no real need for a hudge navy i dont think we would(british) allow ireland to be attack from the sea irish waters and british waters are 2 close.....a hostile navy wouldnt be allowed to operate in british waters and attack an allie,theyd be on the bottom of the irish sea fast......... im sure
Exactly pal !
They don't need one . Nobody is going to mess with them ...............

Last edited by Texas; 09-10-2006 at 04:17 PM..

Old 09-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by onep0int View Post
No one liked my Mirage joke huh? lol
YOu can do better

Old 09-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
YOu can do better
Ok ok how about this one. From the same professor.

Have you heard about the surplus of French rifles from WW2? Never fired only dropped once.

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over" - Gen William T. Sherman