armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Old 05-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Staff Sergeant

Default SAS training

Has anyone got any infomation on SAS traing,and if you can join straight after basic

thanks
cykz

Old 05-12-2008, 03:42 PM
General of the Armies

You need to look that one up cos theres no exSAS here that I know off...

SFs of that level would have a selection programme and wouldnt let some one in without any operational experience IMO... Id say you would need some regular Army time in the BA before thinking about SAS Selection.... jrj is exBA so he would know more....

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 05-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykz View Post
Has anyone got any infomation on SAS traing,and if you can join straight after basic

thanks
cykz
I honestly can say im not sure.....its something i never really looked into.....by all acounts the training is tough.....but being tough isnt enought to make it....99.99% need not apply....going for SAS selection straight after basic(if possible) is frankly pointless...expirence is key......where you thinking of applying after basic......the term walk before you run springs to mind.... theres no SAS on this sight (more then likley).....and even if there was we wouldnt know.....so if you were hoping to get a reply from someone with expirence....in the nicest way....dont hold your breath.....thats not what those guys are about.......they dont advertise themselves......theres a thread Exo did about operational security.....in the forces its called OPSEC......noone has stricker rules then the SAS.......they are the men......tip of the sword

Old 05-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
I honestly can say im not sure.....its something i never really looked into.....by all acounts the training is tough.....but being tough isnt enought to make it....99.99% need not apply....going for SAS selection straight after basic(if possible) is frankly pointless...expirence is key......where you thinking of applying after basic......the term walk before you run springs to mind.... theres no SAS on this sight (more then likley).....and even if there was we wouldnt know.....so if you were hoping to get a reply from someone with expirence....in the nicest way....dont hold your breath.....thats not what those guys are about.......they dont advertise themselves......theres a thread Exo did about operational security.....in the forces its called OPSEC......noone has stricker rules then the SAS.......they are the men......tip of the sword
jrj100, well done..Opsec/Persec applies.The enemy is out there. Great point on experience in training...It is key..Walk before you run..Lol..I'm an American soldier and only know about the SAS from my good friend Alan. (Southampton lad) Alan has said that The SAS is the tip of the sword. The training is something that needs to be done in good time and with that comes experience then he'll be ready for the next step or jump. Airborne. Get the experience and then give everything you got and go for it...

Spc. ~Nightflyer ~ Spec 4 Mafia
Army Aviation Air Assualt.
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:

They are not robots,they use the internet too,look at famous ones like karl ryan and andy mcnab

Old 05-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Staff Sergeant

Another thing,whos to say i wouldnt make the grade for SAS,i heard the training in scotland is the last phase,and once you get to that point theres no stoping you

Old 05-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
jrj100, well done..Opsec/Persec applies.The enemy is out there. Great point on experience in training...It is key..Walk before you run..Lol..I'm an American soldier and only know about the SAS from my good friend Alan. (Southampton lad) Alan has said that The SAS is the tip of the sword. The training is something that needs to be done in good time and with that comes experience then he'll be ready for the next step or jump. Airborne. Get the experience and then give everything you got and go for it...

Spc. ~Nightflyer ~ Spec 4 Mafia
Black berets forever.
You know its true Nightflyer.....Expirence in training is massive.....and if you want to join any SFs......SAS....Delta.... whatever.....a good amount of expirence is the frist requirement

Old 05-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykz View Post
Another thing,whos to say i wouldnt make the grade for SAS,i heard the training in scotland is the last phase,and once you get to that point theres no stoping you
Look im not saying you couldnt.....i dont know you....but even those who have been in the armed forces for years fail.....its another level....its behond everything the regs has......

Its commen knowlege that SAS training takes part in the Brecon Becons.....Scotland isnt the last step......and you ask whats stopping you once you get to that point......after youve s*** your gutts.....only a five day E and E (Escape and Evade).......then not to mention the interigation period.....(you are treated like a POW)......yeah piece of cake

Old 05-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer

Quote:
You know its true Nightflyer.....Expirence in training is massive.....and if you want to join any SFs......SAS....Delta.... whatever.....a good amount of expirence is the frist requirement
That's a fact. It is true. Nobody wants to be the FNG..That's for sure..The lack of experience could get someone hurt pemanently!!...Everything comes indue time...

Spc. ~ Nightflyer ~ Spec 4 Mafia
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:05 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Look im not saying you couldnt.....i dont know you....but even those who have been in the armed forces for years fail.....its another level....its behond everything the regs has......

Its commen knowlege that SAS training takes part in the Brecon Becons.....Scotland isnt the last step......and you ask whats stopping you once you get to that point......after youve s*** your gutts.....only a five day E and E (Escape and Evade).......then not to mention the interigation period.....(you are treated like a POW)......yeah piece of cake
I heard of a guy who did the Irish Army equivalent to the British SAS Selection Course, and finished it. He was not accepted into Special Forces, and returned to unit due to lack of experience. He enquired about it at the time and was told to get at least 3 years experience and 1/2 overseas deployments. He was 2 yrs in the Army at the time. High standards are high standards... period!!!..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"