armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Current Events
User Name
Password

Old 04-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Brigadier General

Default zimbabwe

Should the international community get harder?
the resualts need to be realised.......call me crazy but what about military itervention??
as past rulers should the brits take a lead.....remember this guy has run his country to the ground......what should be done........or more to the point .......what can be done...

Old 04-16-2008, 03:16 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
Should the international community get harder?
the resualts need to be realised.......call me crazy but what about military itervention??
as past rulers should the brits take a lead.....remember this guy has run his country to the ground......what should be done........or more to the point .......what can be done...

UN force should enter and remove him from power, not before they properly plan the campaign though....

Formup
Entry
Tactical Defeat
Mop Up
Secondary force entry
Restoration of law/or and public services
first force withdrawal
Secondary force support to civilian projects and training of existing tenable force
Elections/Nomination of a goverment system of administration
Secondary force withdrawal

thats just shooting from the hip, but I hope you see my point contained therein...

Exo..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 04-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
UN force should enter and remove him from power, not before they properly plan the campaign though....

Formup
Entry
Tactical Defeat
Mop Up
Secondary force entry
first force withdrawal
Secondary force support to civilian projects and training of existing tenable force

thats just shooting from the hip, but I hope you see my point contained therein...

Exo..
yeh like they would, i don't think. theres no oil in zimbabwe anyway whats the point?

Old 04-16-2008, 03:23 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
yeh like they would, i don't think. theres no oil in zimbabwe anyway whats the point?

Just assume in YOUR mind that the world is not controlled by Oil Barrons and such actions are carried out to rehabilitate areas of the planet in chaos... then reread my post!!....

Old 04-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Just assume in YOUR mind that the world is not controlled by Oil Barrons and such actions are carried out to rehabilitate areas of the planet in chaos... then reread my post!!....
yeh but we dont really care about Africans. We only care about Diamonds and oil. THey'll all be dead soon anyway, they've all got aids apparently

Old 04-17-2008, 03:14 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:

Formup
Entry
Tactical Defeat
Mop Up
Secondary force entry
first force withdrawal

Exo..
That would be the ideal format.....but look at sudan the I.C give the impreestion it doesnt care about Africa....this would be a great chance to show we do care.....the whole continent is a mess and the world has danced around the problems for decades.....a plan of action though wouldnt get passed the UN......not with russia and china......they would veto any plan in my opinion......mugarbee will never give up power.....maybe its time the world gave him a push.....and not just words but action......war in my eyes is the last resort...always.......but i think we are at that stage with this idiot

Old 04-17-2008, 08:37 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
That would be the ideal format.....but look at sudan the I.C give the impreestion it doesnt care about Africa....this would be a great chance to show we do care.....the whole continent is a mess and the world has danced around the problems for decades.....a plan of action though wouldnt get passed the UN......not with russia and china......they would veto any plan in my opinion......mugarbee will never give up power.....maybe its time the world gave him a push.....and not just words but action......war in my eyes is the last resort...always.......but i think we are at that stage with this idiot
Indeed... its interesting you bring up China and Russia, their belligerent approach to doing the right thing in Africa would be a point to note alright.... youd wonder what the real motive would be.. other then to sqeeze the west for something in return for their cooperation... That in itself goes to the character of both administrations in both countries...

Old 04-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Indeed... its interesting you bring up China and Russia, their belligerent approach to doing the right thing in Africa would be a point to note alright.... youd wonder what the real motive would be.. other then to sqeeze the west for something in return for their cooperation... That in itself goes to the character of both administrations in both countries...
In my opinion its about wepons sales......if im not wrong arnt russia and china the bigest salers of weapons to African countries?.......call me a crazy but peace in africa would mean less money to those countries......any throughts

Old 04-18-2008, 04:01 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
In my opinion its about wepons sales......if im not wrong arnt russia and china the bigest salers of weapons to African countries?.......call me a crazy but peace in africa would mean less money to those countries......any throughts
Oh I fully agree, and your other thread on the issue adds to this point of view...

Old 04-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Brigadier General

I dont know much about Zimbabwes situation......but what about the idea of an internationl back up rising.......the people aint happy......the democratics arnt happy.....sowhy not give them a little help.....any ideas???