armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Share Your Stories
User Name
Password

Old 09-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Recruit

Default Was anyone at MEPS yesturday???My MEPS story post#2

Damn, it was a horrible day yesturday!!! The main computer system in Kentuky went down so ALL of the computers at Meps (in los angeles) were down yesturday Of course we find out after the medical. Waited there FOREVER! Basically, I was there from 4am-630pm and I didnt even get to swear in. I'm going right now to do that. Hopefully its not a long day again

Was this nation wide?

Last edited by Army316; 09-09-2005 at 01:25 PM..

Old 09-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Recruit

Well, I will tell you all about my adventure.

I went to take the ASVAB on wed afternoon. Got there around 5pm. Took the test (got a 64 and all my line scores were 110+) Finished around 7, 730. Went over to the WETINN LAX. Very nice hotel. I believe it was a 5 star, if not a 4 star for sure. Got checked in, meet my roomate and we went and had a free dinner at one of their restaurants. Then I went back to my around 930, took a shower and was in bed by 1015. I was freaking tired. I went to sleep. Next thing I know, its 2:55am and we're getting a freaking wake up. It felt like I had just gone to sleep.

So its off to MEPS again. Got ready and went downstairs. Breakfast was ready at 330am. Eggs looked nasty but everything else looked good. Again, this was the same restuarnt inside the hotel. I had juice and walked out. I went to the bus loading area, was like the 4th person there. So I got the first bus out and we were at meps at 4am. We all signed in and went to our service department. We got name tags and went to do interviews. These were one on one with a person. They tell you about fradulent enlisment and not to lie. They ask you a bunch of ***** like poilce stuff and family stuff. Then I got fingerprinted.

After that it was over to medical. There were stations, blood, urin,vision,audio,medical history,ortho room. But before you start you have to go to medical briefing. They give you some stuff that you will need to the other tests. Were told to go in any order, just ortho was last. So i hit up the audio test, vision (they do blood pressure there too) then blood test, and urin. Then came the fun part. Medical history was one on one with a doctor. He asked a bunch of medical stuff. Any injuries, drugs, problems,...then they check you mouth,eyes,ears,head,scalp,back.legs,everything! Then he asked me to drop my pants and boxers. He didnt just check for a hernia, he was was felling around making sure i didnt have cancer or some *****. Then he asked me to take two steps back and turn around. Then I was asked to bend over and spread my but checks! woohooo. It was quick though. Then I was done.

So then I was sent to the ortho room. You had to strip down to boxers. Height and weight were taken. If you weighed to much, they taped you. Then there were a bunch of test they had use do. We were all in a line facing 2 doctors. We had to stand on one foot, make circles with our ankles, bend out toes, stuff with our hands, duck walk, heel toe walk, walk on toes, walk on heels....all sorts of stuff. Then that was it.

So by now its 1145am. Going down to talk to my counslor and pick my job, and get my contract. Well, the computers were down and basically they were working off 1 out of the 4 servers they have there. I was there till 630 and all I was able to do was get a reservation for my job. So I had to go back today

Just got back from MEPS again. I had to do a quick interview again. Then do my contract, which took forever, and then sign a bunch of papers. I was there from 8-1130. But now Iam done

Iam a 91w. Didnt get 91p coz of training seats not availbe, but I got some realy really good incetives and I got a general hospital unit, not a infantry unit so I wont be stuck doing field medic. So Iam happy.

MEPS takes alot of you. It really sucked

Old 09-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Private

believe it or not I was down there at the LA MEPS the same day you were.. I got through every single thing except the very last part of the contract, which was signing the Montgomery G.I. Bill paper.. The computer just wouldn't load the freaking thing up. So when I go to ship out in 2 weeks he said I can just sign it then, instead of driving 3 hours to LA just to sign 1 paper and drive back.

Which service did you join with? I went army, 15Y.. Ft. Jackson for BCT then Ft. Eustis for AIT

Old 09-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Recruit

Army reserves 91w. going to FLW and then fort sam houston for ait

Last edited by Army316; 09-10-2005 at 08:37 PM..

Old 09-10-2005, 06:24 PM
First Sergeant

Send a message via AIM to Chickenhawk Send a message via Yahoo to Chickenhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army316
Army reserves 91w. going to FLW and then fort sam houston for ati
Lucky you. Ft Sam is a really cool post. And there is so much to do in San Antonio. You'll hear this a million times: Go to the Riverwalk.
"SOLDIER" I was that which others did not want to be. I went where others feared to go and did what others failed to do...At least someday I will be able to say that I was proud of what I was...a soldier. (excerpt) ---Captain George Skypeck, U.S. Army---

Old 09-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenhawk
Lucky you. Ft Sam is a really cool post. And there is so much to do in San Antonio. You'll hear this a million times: Go to the Riverwalk.

hmmm...cant wait to ask, what is the riverwalk??? i cant wait to leave!

Old 09-10-2005, 10:37 PM
First Sergeant

Send a message via AIM to Chickenhawk Send a message via Yahoo to Chickenhawk

The San Antonio River runs through downtown San Antonio. A section of it has been transformed and shops and restaurants/cafes that line the edge. There are riverboat tours, too. It's just a nice place to go and hang out. Do a search for it and you'll be able to find some pics of it and a more detailed description. You'll be in San Antonio for a while, so you'll hear about lots of things.
"SOLDIER" I was that which others did not want to be. I went where others feared to go and did what others failed to do...At least someday I will be able to say that I was proud of what I was...a soldier. (excerpt) ---Captain George Skypeck, U.S. Army---