armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Share Your Stories
User Name
Password

Old 09-06-2005, 07:52 AM
armymad

Default i want to join the forces!!!

im in my last year at secondary school and wanting to join the forces!!! i am 15 years 11 month. only thing putting me off is the thought of getting killed but i realy want to join. my mum and dad is supporting me as well. can any1 give me any advise. thank people.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:56 AM
First Sergeant

Send a message via AIM to Chickenhawk Send a message via Yahoo to Chickenhawk

Your motivation is commendable for not even being 16 yet. You can't enlist until you're 17, and there is a lot that can happen between now and then. Finish high school, stay out of trouble with the law, take your ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) Test when it is offered (and do your absolute BEST, it is how the services evaluate your job qualifications), and go talk to a recruiter sometime. You can join the Delayed Entry Program up to a year (I think) in advance and have your job slot reserved for you. I know the Army does this, at least. If one is not available the first time you go, then wait and go the following week, two weeks, or however long it takes for you to get a slot. Think about all the different kinds of jobs you would like to do, and go to the websites for the different services and browse through their job lists. And, if you have any more questions, feel free to browse these posts as it may have already been answered, or post again and someone will have an answer for you. I'm assuming Army, because you're in this forum. Go to the www.goarmy.com website for more info.
"SOLDIER" I was that which others did not want to be. I went where others feared to go and did what others failed to do...At least someday I will be able to say that I was proud of what I was...a soldier. (excerpt) ---Captain George Skypeck, U.S. Army---

Last edited by Chickenhawk; 09-06-2005 at 12:03 PM..

Old 09-29-2005, 09:29 AM
Recruit

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by armymad
im in my last year at secondary school and wanting to join the forces!!! i am 15 years 11 month. only thing putting me off is the thought of getting killed but i realy want to join. my mum and dad is supporting me as well. can any1 give me any advise. thank people.
She is lucky she has a chance to join i want to join, but i can't cause i have athsma. I'm 16 years old and married, and my husband doesn't support me, nor my parents, on going to the army.

Do I still have a chance?