armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 05-18-2009, 09:36 AM
Recruit

Smile Fort Jackson Families

Hello everyone. My name is Tonya and my son Nolan is in his second week of BCT at Fort Jackson, SC. He is in Charlie Company 1/34th INF REGT 3rd PLT Ruff Ryders. Are there any other families out there who have a family member in this group?

Proud Mom of PV2 Nolan
C Company 1/34th INF REGT
3rd PLT Ruff Ryders
Fort Jackson, SC

Old 05-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Recruit

Default Son Recently Arrived at Fort Jackson

Tonya, it sounds like my son, Adam, arrived at Ft. Jackson around the same time as your son. I last spoke to my son Sunday, May 3, and haven't heard from him since then. He told me in that brief call that he probably wouldn't be able to call me for a while. Adam also said that he wrote me a letter and would mail it soon so that I could have his address. I haven't received anything in the mail and, obviously, no phone calls. Do you have any words of advice or encouragement?

I have read many of the forum threads in the past few weeks and understand that they are very busy and they "belong to the Army" right now. I get all that, but sure would like some info from someone who may have a loved one close to my son.

I don't have any details of Adam's company, but his recruiter said something about Charlie Company when I dropped him off. Adam arrived in South Carolina Tuesday, April 21, and I believe he began his PT around the 28th. He told me that they are tentatively scheduled to graduate July 2.

Thanks in advance for anything you can share with me.

Last edited by south texas mom; 05-22-2009 at 10:40 AM..