armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 05-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Private

Send a message via Yahoo to tnkssngr

You might just ask him if he minds first. My husband loves when I send him cute things. He doesn't mind getting teased. But he did ask that I didn't do it while he was in WTC.

I think it's sweet, though.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkssngr View Post
You might just ask him if he minds first. My husband loves when I send him cute things. He doesn't mind getting teased. But he did ask that I didn't do it while he was in WTC.

I think it's sweet, though.
He knows my letter writing style, lol.

Yeah, I told him what I did to the letters, and he seemed excited.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinhim View Post
i think its cute!
Thanks

Old 05-04-2009, 08:51 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake View Post
Thanks
Your welcome! Anytime!

Old 05-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Private

Send a message via Yahoo to tnkssngr

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake View Post
He knows my letter writing style, lol.

Yeah, I told him what I did to the letters, and he seemed excited.
If he doesn't have a problem with it, I don't see why you shouldn't. I think it's a sweet thing to do.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Private

I came across this while searching my son's unit/grad date.

Please don't take this wrong, but I want to add a word of warning here. A boy in my son's unit received a ton of mail on the same day. He had to do 100 pushups to earn them. And everyone else had to 'help' him by doing them too. Negative attention is never a good thing.

So Jbizo was correct.

It may be different at other bases/ with other DSs. But until you are sure, don't send too much at once, and don't decorate the envelopes when they are in BCT/OSUT.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:30 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by armymom09 View Post
I came across this while searching my son's unit/grad date.

Please don't take this wrong, but I want to add a word of warning here. A boy in my son's unit received a ton of mail on the same day. He had to do 100 pushups to earn them. And everyone else had to 'help' him by doing them too. Negative attention is never a good thing.

So Jbizo was correct.

It may be different at other bases/ with other DSs. But until you are sure, don't send too much at once, and don't decorate the envelopes when they are in BCT/OSUT.
coincedence? i think not...same person? weird!

Old 05-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Private

^ What?

I was just trying to warn any of the young ladies on here that it can cause problems for their young men. This happened in my son's unit about a week ago, and the young man it happened to was already having a rough time.

Letters are very important and needed by them. It's always better to include several letters in one envelope (mail once a day) so as not to draw negative attention to the Soldier.

Now my daughter's fiance is at FLW and amount of mail is not an issue as long as nothing is written on the outside/addressed perfectly. It just depends on the DSs.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:00 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by armymom09 View Post
^ What?

I was just trying to warn any of the young ladies on here that it can cause problems for their young men. This happened in my son's unit about a week ago, and the young man it happened to was already having a rough time.

Letters are very important and needed by them. It's always better to include several letters in one envelope (mail once a day) so as not to draw negative attention to the Soldier.

Now my daughter's fiance is at FLW and amount of mail is not an issue as long as nothing is written on the outside/addressed perfectly. It just depends on the DSs.
Sorry it's from an earlier thread..... You said some soldier got the same amount of mail on the same day? And was having a tough time .. Same as her soldier so it could be the same person..? Right?
Or am I just over thinking this hahaha

Old 05-25-2009, 06:42 AM
Private

Oh, I see what you are saying now. (bear with me, I couldn't sleep last night so I was fuzzy while posting) Yeah it could be the same guy. But then again it probably happens alot. I wrote letters almost every day and mailed them when I finally got an address. But I put several in each envelope and only mailed a few at a time.

Someone else got food, and they got 'corrected' for that too. Honestly, I think they get corrected for anything and everything.

It just all depends on the DS's. Some make them 'earn' every piece of mail, others are more relaxed. And the same with writing on the outside or sending pics, some don't care /others do. Until you know, you have to be careful.