armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Old 08-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Recruit

Default Unemployed German :D

hi, i am german and i am looking for a job in the u.s army, because the bundeswehr is underfunded and therefore poorly equipped. Which possibilities could the army offer me?

Old 08-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Seltsam11elf View Post
hi, i am german and i am looking for a job in the u.s army, because the bundeswehr is underfunded and therefore poorly equipped. Which possibilities could the army offer me?
Why the US Army mate?...As a German it would be a long process to get the green light for many Armies...I dont know much about how it works in the States..other members will fill you in i am sure

Good luck mate....jrj1000

Old 08-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Captain

Quote:
Are you a resident or citizen here? Without either of those, the Army can't offer you anything.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Recruit

no, i don't own an american citizenship, but i heard a rumour that a foreigner could fight like a merc for the army and after a while the foreigner is granted a american citizenship.

Last edited by Dr Seltsam11elf; 08-21-2008 at 12:57 PM..

Old 08-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
no, i don't own an american citizenship, but i heard a rumour that a foreigner could fight like a merc for the army and after a while the foreigner is granted a american citizenship.
I do dispise your choise. There are plenty of jobs for you within the EU if you are prepared to
actually save some lives while putting yours to risk.. and it pays well.
you just havent found yours. if you really even had that intent.
if you have.. dig deeper.

if you don't.. go and be a meat shield.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:40 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via AIM to scconwill

Yea dude join the EU. Its already hard enough with all the Spanish speaking people in the Army adding German to the list of languages would just be a hassle for any CO. I'm sure if the EU doesn't work out you can always try and join black water................BTW why don't you join the German Army?

Old 08-23-2008, 01:17 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
As Armygirl states, you need a green card or citizanship to join the US Army. There are plenty of EU Armies that have good equipment and are upto date.... but if you are intent on US Military, id apply for a green card.... ever think of the French Foreign Legion, they are not half bad these days... good fighting force...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 08-24-2008, 07:59 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via AIM to scconwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
As Armygirl states, you need a green card or citizanship to join the US Army. There are plenty of EU Armies that have good equipment and are upto date.... but if you are intent on US Military, id apply for a green card.... ever think of the French Foreign Legion, they are not half bad these days... good fighting force...
THE FRENCH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA Why don't you just tell him to chop off his balls. The French have not won a war by them selves since the Napoleonic era

Old 08-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by scconwill View Post
THE FRENCH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA Why don't you just tell him to chop off his balls. The French have not won a war by them selves since the Napoleonic era
I dont think the French have fought a war alone in recent times..Vietnam i think was the last war the french went solo in..pretty much the same as you guys...they withdrew from Vietnam... also pretty much the same as you guys
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Old 08-24-2008, 11:51 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by scconwill View Post

That means nothing.... show me a war that the US have won on their own?... You will have to travel back into a different era when the politics were different..

Despite the French being painted in the US as cowards over Iraq, its not down to the Army what wars they engage in, French politics sux, and the Army there has to live with it!!.... FYI, the Foreign Legion in recent years have reorganised and are now some 8,000 strong along with being recognised as a top of the line fighting force in all areas of the profession by all credible parties/bodies globally. Scconwill, I suggest you read up now when theres no pressure of time on foreign Armies, there fighting ability and their configurations, its as important to know the Allies you may well work with as a US Army Officers as it is the enemies you will combat... Insolar attitudes in an Army Officer are VERY dangerous!!...

JRJ, the French were in Veitnam in the 50s as you suggest, and were alone in that "Clonial War", however the US were not alone in Vietnam, they had the Auzzies where with them, and whilst a very much minority contributor to the Allied effort, the Auzzies did dish out some serious hurt in the conflict.

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"