armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Old 05-16-2009, 02:05 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
Bitching about life is a standard...I love a good moan once a day at least...getting a balance between being an *** and asset is a tricky business mate....most of the time Im both in equal measures...until I get that DPM on and then Im an asset....work to your strengthens always...whether its brain surgery or shoveling ****e
Good advice jrj... and hope training is going well for ya!!...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 05-24-2009, 05:17 AM
Major General

Default Soldier killed in Afghanistan named by MoD

Fusilier Petero Suesue, described by colleagues as "legendary" and full of Pacific Island charm, has been named by the Ministry of Defence as the soldier who died after being shot on patrol in southern Afghanistan.
Fusilier Suesue, of the 2nd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, died after being shot while on foot patrol near Sangin in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, on Friday, bringing the number of British troops killed in the country to 160.
The 28-year-old was born in Fiji but lived in Hounslow, west London, with his wife Emalaini.
Fusilier Suesue, known as Pat to his friends, joined the Army in February 2002, and on completion of his infantry training at Catterick, was posted to the 2nd Battalion the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers (2RRF) later that year.
He had served in Northern Ireland and Iraq before Afghanistan. He also represented the Battalion at rugby "with distinction", the Ministry of Defence said.
His family paid tribute to the 28-year-old, saying: "Petero epitomised the qualities of the Fijian Fusilier. He was strong yet gentle, compassionate and always willing to support those around him. His ability to include everyone is indicative of his friendly nature and there will be a large hole left in the community with his passing.
"He leaves behind a loving wife, Emalaini, his mother, Sisilia, his sister Litiana and three brothers, Taito, Varasiko and Jovesa. It is with great sadness that Petero will no longer be with us in body, however, he leaves behind a legacy of love and affection in the memories of all who knew and loved him."
Lieutenant Colonel Rob Thomson, Commanding Officer, 2 Rifles Battle Group said: "The loss of Fusilier Suesue is sorely felt across the Battle Group. He was a legendary soldier, awesomely tough and full of character and Pacific Island charm. His beloved wife, family and friends are front and centre of our thoughts and prayers at this unimaginably difficult time."
Major Jo Butterfill, Officer Commanding A Company Group, said: "Fusilier Suesue was every inch the professional infantry soldier, and a big man in all senses of the word. Universally respected and liked throughout the company group, with quietly irrepressible good humour and compassion, I count myself fortunate to have had the opportunity to serve with him.
Lance Corporal Michael Walsh, A Company Fire Support Group, also paid tribute to the soldier, saying: "Fusilier Suesue was a quiet man, but he had a powerful presence. Whenever you were on duty with him you felt safe in his professional attitude to his job and his knowledge. He was a thoroughly professional soldier who will be sorely missed by all."
Fusilier Robert Fitzgerald, A Company Fire Support Group, said: "Fusilier Suesue was loved by everyone, and always had a smile and a positive look on his face. If you were down, he would always pick you up. Suesue would give you a hand with anything, if it was in work or in his own down time. He will be greatly missed by me, and everyone that worked with him and knew him as a friend."
The soldier's death brings the number of British armed forces personnel killed in Afghanistan since operations began in October 2001 to 160.
Secretary of State for Defence, John Hutton MP, said: "I was deeply saddened to hear of the death of Fusilier Petero "Pat" Suesue. I understand that he was greatly respected by everyone who met him. His loss will be keenly felt by all those who knew him and I extend my heartfelt condolences to his family, comrades and friends."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fusilier-Suesue_1409313c.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	438  

Old 05-24-2009, 02:17 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
Fusilier Petero Suesue, described by colleagues as "legendary" and full of Pacific Island charm, has been named by the Ministry of Defence as the soldier who died after being shot on patrol in southern Afghanistan.
Fusilier Suesue, of the 2nd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, died after being shot while on foot patrol near Sangin in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, on Friday, bringing the number of British troops killed in the country to 160.
The 28-year-old was born in Fiji but lived in Hounslow, west London, with his wife Emalaini.
Fusilier Suesue, known as Pat to his friends, joined the Army in February 2002, and on completion of his infantry training at Catterick, was posted to the 2nd Battalion the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers (2RRF) later that year.
He had served in Northern Ireland and Iraq before Afghanistan. He also represented the Battalion at rugby "with distinction", the Ministry of Defence said.
His family paid tribute to the 28-year-old, saying: "Petero epitomised the qualities of the Fijian Fusilier. He was strong yet gentle, compassionate and always willing to support those around him. His ability to include everyone is indicative of his friendly nature and there will be a large hole left in the community with his passing.
"He leaves behind a loving wife, Emalaini, his mother, Sisilia, his sister Litiana and three brothers, Taito, Varasiko and Jovesa. It is with great sadness that Petero will no longer be with us in body, however, he leaves behind a legacy of love and affection in the memories of all who knew and loved him."
Lieutenant Colonel Rob Thomson, Commanding Officer, 2 Rifles Battle Group said: "The loss of Fusilier Suesue is sorely felt across the Battle Group. He was a legendary soldier, awesomely tough and full of character and Pacific Island charm. His beloved wife, family and friends are front and centre of our thoughts and prayers at this unimaginably difficult time."
Major Jo Butterfill, Officer Commanding A Company Group, said: "Fusilier Suesue was every inch the professional infantry soldier, and a big man in all senses of the word. Universally respected and liked throughout the company group, with quietly irrepressible good humour and compassion, I count myself fortunate to have had the opportunity to serve with him.
Lance Corporal Michael Walsh, A Company Fire Support Group, also paid tribute to the soldier, saying: "Fusilier Suesue was a quiet man, but he had a powerful presence. Whenever you were on duty with him you felt safe in his professional attitude to his job and his knowledge. He was a thoroughly professional soldier who will be sorely missed by all."
Fusilier Robert Fitzgerald, A Company Fire Support Group, said: "Fusilier Suesue was loved by everyone, and always had a smile and a positive look on his face. If you were down, he would always pick you up. Suesue would give you a hand with anything, if it was in work or in his own down time. He will be greatly missed by me, and everyone that worked with him and knew him as a friend."
The soldier's death brings the number of British armed forces personnel killed in Afghanistan since operations began in October 2001 to 160.
Secretary of State for Defence, John Hutton MP, said: "I was deeply saddened to hear of the death of Fusilier Petero "Pat" Suesue. I understand that he was greatly respected by everyone who met him. His loss will be keenly felt by all those who knew him and I extend my heartfelt condolences to his family, comrades and friends."

The Figians have a pround warrior heritage, and showed their fighting Spirit on more then one occassion with UNIFIL. My condolances to the family of another fallen hero!!.. Blue Skies Warrior, your watch is up... time to rest in peace!...

Exo..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"