armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 05-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinhim View Post
thats right...he didn't put the enters in the right place. but he got it correct word for word...
He actually missed a line, "I always maintain my arms, my equipment, and myself"

He also said "Army Value", when it's actually "Army Values"

Old 05-17-2009, 11:58 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake View Post
He actually missed a line, "I always maintain my arms, my equipment, and myself"

ohhhhh. haha i guess i didn't catch that!

Old 05-17-2009, 05:06 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:

Damn! Good eye! I dunno about 8 million but ill definately give ya 40.
BCT/AIT: Ft. Knox, KY/Ft. Gordon, GA
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

Old 05-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizo View Post
Damn! Good eye! I dunno about 8 million but ill definately give ya 40.
Lol, okay 40 sounds acceptable... BUT if you only do 40, you'll also have to run a mile.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Private

well i had the same attitude and its good to have a positive attitude. just remember emotionally that it will all b over soon and ull b damn glad u toughed through it. u will become so homesick missing family and friends that ur heart will leterally hurt. ur chest will feel like its going to explode sometimes from the absence of others. the best thing to do is keep writing and keep motivated. some ppl say that bct goes really fast but for me one day felt like an eternity. my new born daughter cought pneumonia and i wasnt allowed to call and even check to c if she was ok. i cant describe the pain of not knowing if ur daughter is ok or not. at the same time i had a ds kicking me out of a chair and reinjuring my sciatic nerve all over again. i am going back but i will not b going back to fort knox. my platoons senior ds recieved an article 15 for kicking me and the company commander made me switch platoons. it sucked but i did survive and i will succeed next time cuz i will b extra careful not to get hurt and gain the outstanding attention of the lovely superiors.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:00 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin8685 View Post
well i had the same attitude and its good to have a positive attitude. just remember emotionally that it will all b over soon and ull b damn glad u toughed through it. u will become so homesick missing family and friends that ur heart will leterally hurt. ur chest will feel like its going to explode sometimes from the absence of others. the best thing to do is keep writing and keep motivated. some ppl say that bct goes really fast but for me one day felt like an eternity. my new born daughter cought pneumonia and i wasnt allowed to call and even check to c if she was ok. i cant describe the pain of not knowing if ur daughter is ok or not. at the same time i had a ds kicking me out of a chair and reinjuring my sciatic nerve all over again. i am going back but i will not b going back to fort knox. my platoons senior ds recieved an article 15 for kicking me and the company commander made me switch platoons. it sucked but i did survive and i will succeed next time cuz i will b extra careful not to get hurt and gain the outstanding attention of the lovely superiors.
Meh, I don't really get homesick and I don't really get heart hurt over not seeing my friends. I moved out of my hometown like 8 months ago and I rarely see them or talk to them as it is. BCT will be no different than things are right now..minus the DS and 3AM wake ups..lol
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

Old 05-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizo View Post
Meh, I don't really get homesick and I don't really get heart hurt over not seeing my friends. I moved out of my hometown like 8 months ago and I rarely see them or talk to them as it is. BCT will be no different than things are right now..minus the DS and 3AM wake ups..lol
You're in for a shock..

Old 05-18-2009, 10:59 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
You're in for a shock..
I doubt it. I've already been without my friends and family for 8 months. Sure I get to go back every so often but 2 months is not a very long time. Besides, I am more of a loner anyway.