armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 02-23-2007, 07:45 AM
Private

Default US Army BCT

Is there anyone on here that has been through US Army BCT since it has gotten easier? How has it changed? Any other info would be nice also. Thank you in advanance.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Private

i think it depends on what your MOS is . my boyfriend went through basic at ft benning and he is infantry . he says it was tough because mostly everywhere else is kind of relaxed but the ds's would not leave them alone.... even through ait they had pretty much no freedom. benning is said to be one of the tougher bct and ait places.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:18 PM
General of the Armies

On a sidenote, tough training makes better soldiers.... and live ones at the end of a fight...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 02-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Private

i completely agree! HOOAH!

Old 02-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioguy View Post
Is there anyone on here that has been through US Army BCT since it has gotten easier? How has it changed? Any other info would be nice also. Thank you in advanance.
Compared to when? Even Ft. Benning is easy compared to when I went through, though it is still more difficult than Jackson, Sill, Lenardwood. All in all intial entry training in the Army has gotten far more lax than it should be. The Drills are mostly ****bags that the Army needed to do something with, or they've been wounded in Iraq/Afghanistan and don't want to be a Drill to begin with. Then there are the coddle them and give them hugs rules of TRADOC.

How easy the training is depends on a few things, your own personal perspective of what 'easy' is, how motivated the Brown Rounds are, and where you train.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
Compared to when? Even Ft. Benning is easy compared to when I went through, though it is still more difficult than Jackson, Sill, Lenardwood. All in all intial entry training in the Army has gotten far more lax than it should be. The Drills are mostly ****bags that the Army needed to do something with, or they've been wounded in Iraq/Afghanistan and don't want to be a Drill to begin with. Then there are the coddle them and give them hugs rules of TRADOC.

How easy the training is depends on a few things, your own personal perspective of what 'easy' is, how motivated the Brown Rounds are, and where you train.

My D/S's Some where at the end of their cycle ...I admit. The five out of my five D/S's I had where the s74t Right off the bat. They where very fit at the highest levels and tough and smart. I respect everyone of them.

Great leadership... Warfare and combat readiness tested and still ready. Army Rangers tab's and Airborn and (Air Assualt ) badges and enough deployed marks ///// and stripes running down the sleeves of their class A uniforms...it makes me proud that I trained with them. Im lucky. They were very serious. No joke. That's just me and my recent experience.

Hey Ho..

Nightflyer
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Last edited by Nightflyer; 02-24-2007 at 12:04 AM..

Old 02-27-2007, 06:57 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioguy View Post
What do you mean since it got easier? I never heard of any reforms as to where it would make it easier... Only of ones where it would make it harder but in less time than normal... Like marines are going from 13 week basic to 11 week basic but it will be alot harder... \

If you got any info on the easier thing plz post it.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:24 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to kmullins
Smile

when my husband went to basic last year at fort jackson, the drill sargents annouced the gov. wanted them "not to be so mean" because we were at war and didnt want anyone to wimp out and go home. then they called them a list of things that if i post you would see nothing but stars. and made them do an extra 2hours PT because they didnt want any **** in there army.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:11 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmullins View Post
when my husband went to basic last year at fort jackson, the drill sargents annouced the gov. wanted them "not to be so mean" because we were at war and didnt want anyone to wimp out and go home. then they called them a list of things that if i post you would see nothing but stars. and made them do an extra 2hours PT because they didnt want any **** in there army.
lol... sounds like my Instructors.... they were like junk yard dogs, but they made good soldiers of us... your hubbies DSs are also right, I would not want to go operational with any pussies.... they need to stay out of the fighting mans job!!..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 02-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmullins View Post

Exactly.....Like I said ...training with Army Rangers was pure hell... but well worth it.

Fort Jackson, Alpha Company, 2nd Battalion, 13th Regiment.

They were very serious. No joke. That was my experience. Hooah.

Nightflyer.

U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Last edited by Nightflyer; 02-27-2007 at 04:40 PM..