armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 03-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Private First Class

Default 2 Months!!!

I leave for basic in 2 months and I couldn't be more excited. and scared to death. This will be the first time I am away from these good ole' counrty mountains. I am going to miss them...... ***Snifles as a tear roles down my check*** So what's it like actually being in the army???

Old 03-14-2006, 03:34 PM
First Sergeant

Best of luck to u.

Old 03-15-2006, 07:08 AM
Corporal

Send a message via AIM to gatoraco

Quote:
Originally Posted by HampGirl05
I leave for basic in 2 months and I couldn't be more excited. and scared to death. This will be the first time I am away from these good ole' counrty mountains. I am going to miss them...... ***Snifles as a tear roles down my check*** So what's it like actually being in the army???
Hey there girl, speaking from the same gender, I was in for a very short time in 1996 unfortunately only for 3 weeks, and very out of shape. If you kinda fall into the platoon and be seen but not heard, you will do fine. In my opinion, the hardest thing in basic was the running and waking up early. Other than that it was nice. This was at Jackson...oh, and if you see the to bring list,,, bring MORE! it says things like a pair of white tube socks, bring 3 or 4 pair! I hated wearing dirty clothes because laundry was scarce.

Old 03-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Corporal

Just do what you're supposed to do and you'll be alright. Basic Training is more of an annoyance and test of your ability to put up with stupidity and the immaturity of others around you. Remember: hundreds of thousands of people have done it before you and hundreds of thousands will do it after you. Many of those people were less intelligent than you and not as strong as you are--and they still made it out of there! Good Luck and Welcome to the Army!