armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 01-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Private

Default well off i go next week

well im off to basic next week.goin to good old relaxin jackson. just wonderin if anyone is goin there also or knows someone goin there.im a lil nervous dont know much on what to expect. i think imma have some fun though.

Old 01-29-2006, 04:55 PM
Private

well a day and a half n off i go

Old 01-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Private

26 hrs and counting

Old 02-09-2006, 12:38 AM
Private First Class

Good Luck

Old 02-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Here are some tips before you go:

tip: Rule #1: Bring plenty of undergarments to get you through about a week, because (1); having time to do laundry is scarce, and (2); finding an open washing machine is just about as difficult.

Rule #2: If you want to have a short hair-cut, go to a salon BEFORE you leave. The PX salons are about as great as letting a 3-year old with a pair of scissors cut your hair. Please, get it cut beforehand or you will be forced to fix your hair with a pair of sewing scissors! (Trust me, this takes forever!)

Rule #3: Don't take any unneeded items with you. This will just cause a ton of grief for you. Leave all the make-up, radios, magazines, etc. AT HOME. Don't believe me? Wait until you get there. The Army DS aren't too keen on people who like to hide their contraband.

Rule #4: And last but not least, get into shape BEFORE you leave for Basic Training. This will help so much. The physical training starts as soon as you get there, not a week or two after. You want your body to be prepared, not put into shock.

Old 02-09-2006, 02:44 PM
First Sergeant

Good Luck mate

Old 02-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Recruit

Send a message via AIM to ladie_j_65 Send a message via MSN to ladie_j_65 Send a message via Yahoo to ladie_j_65
Thumbs up Ft Jackson

From What I Hear Ft Jackson Is Cool Cause It's Co Ed. I Wont Ship There Till July 5th. I Just Enlisted My Self In The Army National Guard...:d