armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 02-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Private First Class

Send a message via Yahoo to Future_Ranger
Question Basic at Fort Benning

Hey i was wandering if anyone out there could tell me alittle bit about fort benning. I have been to the website , but i was looking for help form people who have been there and could give me a heads up on what to expect there. My recrutiers are helping me out some the contract they are trying to get me is infantry and a shot at ranger school and airborn school. I belive this is contract is a 11xOpt.40. SO really if anyone out there could tell me about infantry, basic, airborn, or even ranger school i would very much appreciate it. My e-mail is [email]Lamb_of_God_1989@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 02-22-2006, 01:53 PM
worn.out.shoes

My brother did everything you want to do except Ranger, which he might be doing later.
About the base itself, I don't know much about it except for what the barracks look like and where they graduated.
But in surviving BT, pretty much the main thing he told us is don't volunteer for anything. He volunteered to go through the gas chamber without a mask. Also don't rub your eyes.
He had to do 10 push ups for every letter he was given.
Learn the concept of diamonds. [It's a type of push up in which you hands form a diamond, kinda like you were taught in vollyball when hitting the ball.]
At Airborne, I forgot what he said. Use your knees as my eldest brother said. There's videos floating around the internet were you can see them practicing.
A graduate from my school came back and talked to us about Ranger. He said it was very rigorous. He also said you were very lucky if you got 10 hours of sleep a week and a meal a day. He said it was 2 1/2 months but I thought it was longer.

I can ask my brother more about it if you want.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

To keep the confusion and misinformation down, PM me any questions you may have concerning RIP and the Ranger Regiment. Also, do not let anyone confuse you about what RIP is and what Ranger school is.

Old 02-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Private

Send a message via AIM to 11Charlie

Hey man,
I just graduated from fort benning last friday. Feb. 18th. I didnt go airborne or Rangers but if you have any questions about it PM or u can talk to me on AIM. My job is 11C, mortors.

Oh and every one takes the gasmask off and its really not that bad.
but hit me up if u have questions.

later
-Ben

Get some....hooah

Mess with the best...Die like the rest