armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 04-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Recruit

Default Good evening, Soldiers

Good evening, y'all. My name is Chris, I'm 18, and I'm currently DEPd into the USMC, I'm having second thoughts about the Marines, but I'll keep my questions strictly about the Army or getting into the Army Dep.

1.) How difficult would it be to get discharged from the Marines DEP and into the Army DEP, would I have to conduct another physical at MEPS?

2.) While my dad is getting his friends at Huachuka (He's retired Intel) to gather some info, can anyone tell me anything about 35Mike or 96Romeo?

Thanks y'all and I appreciate any and all help!

Last edited by Kilpatrick; 04-22-2009 at 09:42 PM..

Old 04-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Hello to you kill patrick, how are you?

Old 04-26-2009, 11:11 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilpatrick View Post
Good evening, y'all. My name is Chris, I'm 18, and I'm currently DEPd into the USMC, I'm having second thoughts about the Marines, but I'll keep my questions strictly about the Army or getting into the Army Dep.

1.) How difficult would it be to get discharged from the Marines DEP and into the Army DEP, would I have to conduct another physical at MEPS?

2.) While my dad is getting his friends at Huachuka (He's retired Intel) to gather some info, can anyone tell me anything about 35Mike or 96Romeo?

Welcome Kilpatick, obviously we are all biased towards the Army, it being army.com 'nall... lol..

However, I would speculate that the Intel community will not be advising you on a public board, as I was never Intel myself, I found your MOS choices intriging, so I looked them up.. dude, you need to check out this link, loads of cool info on it and its links...

[url]http://www.us-army-info.com/pages/mos/intelligence/intelligence-mos.html[/url]

Good luck to ya...
Exo..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 04-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilpatrick View Post

Is it possible to get out of your contract while in DEP? Yes, but not easy. Have you spoken to your recruiter about wantint to back out? If not, you should .. and you should be straight with him about wanting to go over to the Army. You should also talk to an Army recruiter, he may or may not be willing to talk to you .. but you should try nonetheless.

As for having to take another physical, your physical is good for one year so you would not need another one.

You can research the jobs you're asking about online, Google is your friend.