armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Support our Families
User Name
Password

Old 04-27-2009, 06:26 AM
Corporal

Default Calls??

Did anyone get a call yesterday? No call for me, but I haven't gotten any mail sent back...yet!! I've sent mail ever day for the last week and a half, so I guess I'll wait to see what the mailman brings today. Christopher told me not to send mail after May 1st.

I wonder if they got in trouble and that's why they're sending the mail back....especially with no call this weekend.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Private First Class

Default No Calls Either

No calls either for me...bummer...I wanted to talk with Thomas before they go on their 7 day adventure in the woods - wouldn't you know the weather has been hot for them..I am praying that Thomas' heel doesn't act up on him...

17 more days

Old 04-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Corporal

No letters sent back yesterday. I'm sure if they were coming back, they would have been here by now. I did get a Mothers Day card from Christopher....but it says on the envelope...DO NOT OPEN TIL MOTHERS DAY!!....ugh!

Old 04-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Private First Class

Default Omg!!!

That is awesome a Mother's Day Card!!! That was so thoughtful!!! I am so proud of christopher for doing that...I could only dream of that - lol...

Well we are close....can't wait...
Kim

Old 04-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by klovato View Post
That is awesome a Mother's Day Card!!! That was so thoughtful!!! I am so proud of christopher for doing that...I could only dream of that - lol...

Well we are close....can't wait...
Kim

Kim,

I can't believe I'll be leaving 2 weeks from today.... the last month has gone pretty fast, but I bet the next 2 weeks will drag on and on....

BTW, my daughter has her ultrasound on the 5th to see if its a boy or girl....christopher has been excited to find out, so I'm glad we'll know before we go see him.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Private First Class

Default Yippee

Chris,
That is awesome about the ultrasound...Well I bet our boys will be awesome looking in their uniforms..I can not wait. Thomas told Rachel on sunday to stop sending mail as of yesterday. So no more letters..do you know if the boys can have laptops in AIT? I wanted to do the snipes thing to communicate with thomas so at least I will get to see his face..?
I am hoping that thomas gets Home town recruiting..I would hate to see him use all of his time coming home between AIT and being based...we will see.
well have a great rest of the week....2 more weeks!!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Corporal

Well, we're bringing a laptop down with us for Christopher as a grad. gift. He said he was going to buy one while we were down there if he had the chance, so he's assuming he'll get to use it. Another wait and see I guess....

Have a good one,

Chris

Old 04-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Private First Class

I also got a laptop for a graduation gift! Does anyone know if they have access to internet, or do i have to buy a broadband card? It seems like the time has flown by, i remember getting on here when he first left. I would see all these other ppl talking about how they only had 2 weeks left, and i was so jealous. It feels so good knowing it's me that only has 2 weeks!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:55 AM
Private First Class

Default Laptop

J -
I am thinking that they would have wireless access but who knows..I agree the time has flown by so fast...or at least faster then I thought. I wanted to bring Thomas a laptop with a camera installed so that we could use snipe...? if anyone hears anything let me know.
2 weeks until we fly to so. carolina

Old 05-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Corporal

Default Got a Call!!

Just got a call from Christopher....wooohooo!!! He said he passed his final PT test yesterday, so he's good to graduate. He's going to the big PX today..his reward for shooting expert.....he said he wants Baskin and Robbins...haha....They're leaving tomorrow for Victory Forge!!! He's gonna call back after he calls his dad and sister......

Hope you all get calls too!!!!

12 Days and a wake up til Family Day!!!!!