armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Money and Finance
User Name
Password

Old 03-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Recruit

Default First Pay

My husband is in the NG and is at WTC right now. He has been paid through the NG. He is suppose to get his first check on the first but it has not been posted on mypay yet. I was wondering if the pay has been posted to LES yet or not? Should I expect to get a check on the first or not. I am very worried about this situation because I have a child and no money until he gets paid because I am a full time student and his is the money maker in the family and already received his last check from working at his civilian job. If you do not believe I will receive a check on the first any suggestions to get help until he get paid?

Thank you!

Old 03-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Corporal

It took my husband about two weeks for his pay to start. In fact, we had a total of 19 days on his first pay stub. The four days from February and the first 15 from March. However, ours didn't hit our account until March 17th, instead of the 13th and 15th. I have heard time spans from 2 weeks to 1 month.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Corporal

Default myPay and LES

I went onto myPay over the weekend and his LES for the first was posted. Although, myPay kept having techinal issues, too!

Old 03-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Sergeant First Class

should be on the 1st of april or the 3rd of april mypay show's mine but I won't get paid till wednesday or friday.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Recruit

Send a message via MSN to pamelae20 Send a message via Yahoo to pamelae20
Default first pay

my husband ship to Fort L Wood in may 4 and today i no recived any pay. I wnt to now what happened?

Old 05-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelae20 View Post
my husband ship to Fort L Wood in may 4 and today i no recived any pay. I wnt to now what happened?
The Army pays twice a month, on the 1st and the 15th of each month. Sometime it can take up to a month to get paid. If you don't get paid by the 15th of June, then there will be reason for concern.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Recruit

A lot of it has to do with the timing. Most finance issues have to be turned in by the 15th or the 20th depending on your local finance policies. If something is turned in by then, expect it to show on the first, if not it will likely be the 15th.

To help get through a short tough period where you are waiting for his pay to start, contact the current commander or rear detachment commander for help. Most unist have a family readiness group if he is deployed that would be willing to lend some support with groceries, etc. until the checks start coming in. They may even have a lending closet with food if there is a chaplain within the unit.