- Forums

Go Back Forums > Life in the Military > Help and Assistance
User Name

Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 01-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Brandy Brandy is offline
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1
Default Child Support

Obviously there has been alot of responses to your question. My Ex-Husband is an active duty officer that would not pay his child support for his three children. After several months, I called DFAS directly, faxed my divorce papers, and they immediately garnished his wages. I received my first child support payment within one month. They would not give me back pay for the previous months. Hope this helps. It took me all of 10 minutes and a fax machine and my problem was solved. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2009, 05:46 PM
MSG Glenn's Avatar
MSG Glenn MSG Glenn is offline
Brigadier General
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,729

Good advise, Brandy.

One of the officers I worked with, a CPT, wasn't paying child support ever since the divorce. The command found out, set up payments, & promptly passed him over for promotion with a counselling statement in his record as well as a poor OER.

The sad part of it was his wife came up to me in the PX after having recognized me. I felt on the spot big time, me being a MSG & he an officer but I told her to go to the command, the JAG, the Chaplain until she found someone who would act.

I don't think the @sshole CPT was allowed to get his 20 in. There's no way that OER couldn't follow him through his career.
Proud Dad of a USArmy Ranger SFC - 3/75 Rangers
USNavy 1960-1966 Submarine Service, Navy Diver-UDT 21
USArmy 1980-2001 Airborne Infantry,G3, Army Instructor, Commo Instructor Company 1SG
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.
Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2009, 11:32 PM
coloradope's Avatar
coloradope coloradope is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 91

Originally Posted by scconwill View Post
I know a sure fire way to lower the crime rate

No more jails

After court when they are convicted if they killed somebody we hang them in the square, if they committed a lesser crime we beat the ever loving **** out them.

your not going to commit a crime because we are either going to kill you or beat you with in a inch of your life.

Then to take the cake we take all your money.

Also divorce cases the state will seize all your property and assets and you half to start off new
They have a word for that... fascism.

Get real kid.
I can. I must. I will.
Never Quit.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.