armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Enlistment Information
User Name
Password

Old 12-30-2008, 06:28 AM
Private

Talking enlistment

hello everyone
my name is Aria and i want to enlist into the army but i got a few questions/problems i am 20 years old living in Dubai/UAE i am us citizen is there anyway the army can arrange transportation because im completely broke i have my high school diploma and 2 diplomas from Gemological institute of America 3.5 gpa (A.J.A , G.G.) im very fit workout 6 days a week twice a day and before i forget 2 years ago i whas arrested for driving without a driver license and possession of marijuana i dident get a misdemeanor only infractions will that affect anything I dont smoke anymore i learned from my mistake and do they provide housing in the DEP if possible can someone give me a detailed description of the enlistment process from begining till the end(after basic) thank you very much for your time hope to serve between you guys soon

Last edited by KINGLOKI; 12-30-2008 at 07:37 AM.. Reason: forgot to mention i am a us citizen by birth

Old 12-30-2008, 06:29 AM
Staff Sergeant

you need to be a citizen of US for 5 (?) years I believe...nevermind sorry thought you were talking about the US

and yes I suppose they should give you transport if you promise to enrole, although you may not get in if you don't have a clean record, ask a recruiter

Old 12-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

If you were talking about the US, all you need is a green card.

I know it isn't pertinent, but when people search the forums, this might come up.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Staff Sergeant

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGLOKI View Post
hello everyone
my name is Aria and i want to enlist into the army but i got a few questions/problems i am 20 years old living in Dubai/UAE i am us citizen is there anyway the army can arrange transportation because im completely broke i have my high school diploma and 2 diplomas from Gemological institute of America 3.5 gpa (A.J.A , G.G.) im very fit workout 6 days a week twice a day and before i forget 2 years ago i whas arrested for driving without a driver license and possession of marijuana i dident get a misdemeanor only infractions will that affect anything I dont smoke anymore i learned from my mistake and do they provide housing in the DEP if possible can someone give me a detailed description of the enlistment process from begining till the end(after basic) thank you very much for your time hope to serve between you guys soon
Forget about it u screwed up move on!!!!!!!

Old 12-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boys66 View Post
Chill. All you do is bring these kids down who ask about service. He has no felonies and it sounds like no misdemeanors, that means so long as he is honest at MEPS, he shouldn't have a problem. You've been passing a lot of judgment recently when people have come here asking questions in a forum that dictates that they may find answers.

KING, your best bet is to start talking to a recruiter, they are a great resource that will speed the process up, make things seem a little less chaotic , and will allow you to see what your personal plan of attack will be.

Old 12-30-2008, 03:17 PM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via AIM to scconwill

OH BTW King Go Army not Navy.............just had to say it hahaha

Old 12-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Brigadier General

Any civilian offense that you've been charged with is handled by the Army by what they consider the offense to be. Some jurisdictions will label an offense as a misdemeanor where the Army might consider the same offense as a felony, for instance.

Be totally truthful to your recruiter. At this time possession is waiverable but not possession with the intent to sell.

Even some felonies are waiverable as long as you only have a certain amount or a certain amount of misdemeanors or a certain amount of a combination of each.

I've never heard of the Army transporting someone from a foreign country to the States for the purpose of enlisting nor have I heard of DEPs been given housing.

How do you plan on seeing a recruiter in Dubai? I doubt very much if there are any U.S. Recruiting Stations there. You might have to start talking to someone in the U.S. Embassy just to get some information as to who would handle something like your case.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 12-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
Any civilian offense that you've been charged with is handled by the Army by what they consider the offense to be. Some jurisdictions will label an offense as a misdemeanor where the Army might consider the same offense as a felony, for instance.

Be totally truthful to your recruiter. At this time possession is waiverable but not possession with the intent to sell.

Even some felonies are waiverable as long as you only have a certain amount or a certain amount of misdemeanors or a certain amount of a combination of each.

I've never heard of the Army transporting someone from a foreign country to the States for the purpose of enlisting nor have I heard of DEPs been given housing.

How do you plan on seeing a recruiter in Dubai? I doubt very much if there are any U.S. Recruiting Stations there. You might have to start talking to someone in the U.S. Embassy just to get some information as to who would handle something like your case.
I have a buddy from Italy who called the Embassy who got him in contact with a recruiter over here. They love it when that happens.

Old 12-30-2008, 03:26 PM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via AIM to scconwill

Hell them Intell/Linguist guys would get a hard on from hearing form you son

Old 12-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Sergeant

Follow the link that I am providing below. It will take you to a site where you can chat online with Army recruiters and hopefully get some questions answered.

[url]http://www.goarmy.com/ChatIndex.do?redirect=true[/url]

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boys66 View Post
D-Boys --- You are negative all over this board except when you want to stroke your own ego. WTF?

Last edited by coloradope; 12-30-2008 at 09:24 PM..

Tags
enlistment, recruit