armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Old 03-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Recruit

Unhappy No money

I HAVE CURRENTLY QUIT A JOB I HAD CLOSE TO HOME AND DO PART IN ME QUITING IS THE BOSS MADE THREATS AND NEVER CONSIDERS MY MEDICAL ISSUES WHEN "BLOWING OFF STEAM", WELL I THE MIST OF ALL THE HOPPING AND HOLLERING, MY BLOOD PRESSURE RAISED TO VERY UNSAFE LEVELS AND WENT TO THE E.R. AS A RESULT OF THAT. THE NEXT DAY I DID NOT SHOW UP FOR WORK AND GAVE HIM A PHONE CALL STATING THAT I WAS NOT COMING BACK. WELL NOW IS PAY DAY AND I CALLED UP AND ASKED WHEN I COULD PICK UP MY LAST PAY CHECK, AND I WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS BEING HELD AND I WOULD NOT RECIEVE IT.............THE QUESTION I POSE IS CAN HE DO THAT?

Old 03-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Corporal

I don't know what any of your post has to do with a Military board but, The simple answer is NO. If you want some facts contact your local Labor board. They will tell you everything that can be done.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:08 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDREW2422 View Post
I HAVE CURRENTLY QUIT A JOB I HAD CLOSE TO HOME AND DO PART IN ME QUITING IS THE BOSS MADE THREATS AND NEVER CONSIDERS MY MEDICAL ISSUES WHEN "BLOWING OFF STEAM", WELL I THE MIST OF ALL THE HOPPING AND HOLLERING, MY BLOOD PRESSURE RAISED TO VERY UNSAFE LEVELS AND WENT TO THE E.R. AS A RESULT OF THAT. THE NEXT DAY I DID NOT SHOW UP FOR WORK AND GAVE HIM A PHONE CALL STATING THAT I WAS NOT COMING BACK. WELL NOW IS PAY DAY AND I CALLED UP AND ASKED WHEN I COULD PICK UP MY LAST PAY CHECK, AND I WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS BEING HELD AND I WOULD NOT RECIEVE IT.............THE QUESTION I POSE IS CAN HE DO THAT?
Andrew, REBs advise is good, your question has nothing to do with the military and labour board will help. If your boss started the shouting match and knowing of your condition caused you to have an episode that left you in ER, then I would also see a lawyer... Anyway, a lawsuit for it sounds in order, go talk to the labour board and on their advise to a lawyer...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 03-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Brigadier General

shouting gets you less points.

loose the caps.

Tags
blood pressure, check, job, pay, quit