armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Current Events
User Name
Password

Old 01-08-2009, 03:19 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
I agree with the points you have made...but as you know its easier said then done...Israel have to get smarter and instead of hitting targets or suspected targets with (in my opinion) ridiculous amounts of air power use SFs units to hit targets or take out VIPs....no where near as much collateral damage that way

Once again I go back to Northern Ireland and look how British and Irish SFs dealt with paramilitaries

Intel should be Israels first weapon...not their Apaches or F-16s

Hearts and minds dont seem very high on Tel Avivs list

Also sooner or later Iran needs to be adressed....its the hand that feeds
Fair points bro, and I think they should restructure there military to accomodate this aim... ID, target and take down... and theres nothing like a door getting kicked in at 4am and the T getting arrested or nailed that says... bad boyz, we know you are are and we can reach you!!...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 01-10-2009, 05:26 AM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
Hamas staged a coup against Fatah. Thats why they control Gaza. Nothing democratic about it . Whats this link?? I can't see anything on crucifixtion
Wasn't Hamas elected?

Old 01-10-2009, 05:28 AM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
I understand that this is not a Palestinian decision, but Hamas is the leading party.

I just wanted to bring it to light considering they are the first to crucify in 1500 years or so.
Perhaps Impaling will be next. I would be a good citizen if I thought I'd be Impaled if I wasn't.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:49 AM
Brigadier General

Maybe we should all go Medieval....bring back the hung drawn and quartered option
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Old 01-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
Maybe we should all go Medieval....bring back the hung drawn and quartered option
Meh, after the big war, we just may.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:51 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Sence View Post
Wasn't Hamas elected?
They took power from Fatah whom I understand in effect surrendered elected seats to them.. Its where the Assault Rifle meats the Ballot Box....

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 01-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Sence View Post
Wasn't Hamas elected?
Yes sorry, I'm getting mixed up. I'm getting old CS......

"Hamas's decision to stand in PA legislative council elections in 2006 was a major departure for the movement and had a profound impact on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Top figures said the move reflected Hamas's importance in the Palestinian sphere and the need for it to address failing political structures beset by corruption, inefficiency and lost credibility.
It did not, they insisted, imply any acceptance of a two-state solution to the conflict, although Hamas opposition to the Oslo accords had kept it out of previous elections.
Aside from its much-vaunted incorruptibility, Hamas campaigned forcefully on its claim that Israel's withdrawal from Gaza in the summer of 2005 was a victory for its commitment to armed conflict with the Israelis.
But if Hamas leaders thought its parliamentary victory would bestow greater credibility on them in the eyes of the international community - or if they thought in any way that they would be given any more leeway - they were mistaken.
The new government was subjected to tough economic and diplomatic sanctions by Israel and its allies in the West.
Skirmishes in Gaza with the Fatah-dominated PA security forces escalated to all-out war, in which the well-armed and better-disciplined Qassam Brigades eventually ousted their rivals in May 2007.
Hamas security control made Gaza a more calm and orderly place than it had been for months. But Israel tightened its blockade on the Strip and - despite a multilateral ceasefire in June 2008 - rocket fire and Israeli raids continued to provide provocations for more violence by each side.
And on the diplomatic level, the Palestinians faced their biggest set-back for decades.
With Hamas in charge of Gaza and the pro-Fatah PA operating in the West Bank - and neither side engaging properly with the other - the aspiration of an independent Palestinian seemed further away than ever. "

Tags
hamas