armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Money and Finance
User Name
Password

Old 12-16-2004, 09:30 AM
Recruit

Default tuition money

If i were to enlist in the army for two years, and after two years i went to college, would the army cover part of the tuition?

Old 12-16-2004, 12:46 PM
First Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcom
If i were to enlist in the army for two years, and after two years i went to college, would the army cover part of the tuition?
in some ways Yes. the easiest way to go about it is Call. your local recruiter and ask him for some information on school tuition.. The army does help with school tho.

Old 01-02-2005, 01:20 AM
First Sergeant

[url]http://www.military.com/Education/Lead1?ESRC=ggl_edu.kw[/url]
this is a site you can visit to see about tuition.
if anyone needs more info plsease post!

CPL F

Old 01-05-2005, 01:25 PM
stripes

Default money

Im looking to getting into the army but only to get financial help for college, so my question is. How many years am i gonna have to enlist? How much money will i get? And if i join...will i be gettin paid while im in the army?

Old 01-05-2005, 04:17 PM
First Sergeant

Default stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes
Im looking to getting into the army but only to get financial help for college, so my question is. How many years am i gonna have to enlist? How much money will i get? And if i join...will i be gettin paid while im in the army?
Hi. Well you can visit the above links that ive posted before and it might help you abit in what you need if not contact you local recruiter for some info or post again and i will try to help you more about it
good luck

Old 02-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcom
When you enlist into the military - If you get say - $32,000 for 3 years - Say you don't enlist again AFTER those two years. Well the money is there for you up until 10 years after you term is done. If you don't use it, then it goes back into the system. Also, keep in mind. That you don't have to use all that money towards college. As long as you are "in" a college and your recruiter or whoever has that paper work then you are good for that money. I'm not saying "Hey spend it on something else after you take your 4 years of college at a 4,000 a year tuition school.", but making you aware of what's possible.

Old 02-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Private

Send a message via Yahoo to jaimeljames
Arrow did you consider guard or ROTC?

i am in ROTC, and they have scholarships available, and also a monthly stipend for living expenses. if you were to do national guard, you would go to basic and AIT, and you would get paid while you are there, (it is something like 15 weeks) then after basic you would do one weekend a month and two weeks during the summer. you get paid for the weekends, and you would also qualify for the GI Bill, which will pay for college tuition and you would also get money every month tax free.

i am leaving in may for basic and i am enrolled at UCF for ROTC (training to be an officer in the army). when you go through ROTC, you can go into active duty as a 2nd lt.

also, if you go to basic first then when you come out go straight to college and do ROTC, you can do an SMP (simultaneous membership program) and you are NOT DEPLOYABLE WHILE YOU ARE IN ROTC!!

i would talk to a local college and find out about ROTC first, then they will give you more options than just walking into the recruiters office.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:47 AM
Recruit

If you enlisted for 2 years right now you would get a lot of educational benefits. Upon enlistment you are entitled to tuition assistance which is currently set at $4500 per year. All you have to do is go to the educational center and pick a college you want to attend, fill out some forms, get your commander to sign the tuition assistance agreement, and you're done. With the new GI bill going into effect August 2009, you are not required to pay the $100 a month for 12 months anymore. Now your enrollment in the new gi bill program is based on time in service post September 11. If you do at least 36 months of active duty service, the new gi bill guarantees tuition for the most expensive state university in that state, a stipend for books, and BAH for that location.