armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Military Hardware, Gear and Technology
User Name
Password

Old 07-26-2006, 03:39 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1987
SA80 i have to admit is a very accurate rifle even with just the iron sights and being bullpup cuts down on the space quite alot, but being that some idiots dont clean it properly jamming can occur frequently.
LSW is even better when in the prone position (lying down) with the bipod out but in the standing position its a bit of too heavy for long periods as well as u cant fit a bayonet on the end! with all the weight and the extra length ud think it would be better with a bayonet
I heard the SA 80 had carbon heavy rounds and a crap rear slide action. One mag in a firefight and your out with the cleaning kit!!.... hope for anybody serving in the BA's sake, they upgraded it since. Saw a stwyer round go through an oak tree once, gave me a real fright, lucky the stupid b*a*t*rd wasnt purposely trying to shoot me, that was my favourite Assault rifle, and is tried and tested in battle conditions, 10 out of 10 in my books. p.s. Didnt read the manual from Stwyer. We go the idiots guide which was range, velocity and assembly. Only got to know her on first shoot, and it was a sweet hold for rapid shot. Single shot range was much better also then previous weapons. Good fire ratio, got that HK feel on auto.

Old 08-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Private First Class

Default Steyr Aug A3

Quote:
Originally Posted by China ownz View Post
AK-47, it'll split ur head easily..............
first of all any rifle that you get shot with will "rip you a new one" and why do people always say that's final. the gun you use is based on personal preferance and your abilities. for my self i would like to try the AUG A3, first of all it has a rate of fire 680-800 min. that is only limited by the 30 clip, though you can go with a 42 clip as a bonus the A3 is able to switch to 7.62mm instead of the 5.56mm. if you want to you can go with a full scope, granade launcher, 24" sniper length barrel. i have also heard good things on reliability as well as the light weight factor.

Old 08-26-2006, 03:49 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig009 View Post
first of all any rifle that you get shot with will "rip you a new one" and why do people always say that's final. the gun you use is based on personal preferance and your abilities. for my self i would like to try the AUG A3, first of all it has a rate of fire 680-800 min. that is only limited by the 30 clip, though you can go with a 42 clip as a bonus the A3 is able to switch to 7.62mm instead of the 5.56mm. if you want to you can go with a full scope, granade launcher, 24" sniper length barrel. i have also heard good things on reliability as well as the light weight factor.

Well said!!... go they upgraded it since my day.... cool!!... its a great weapon, and handles good too.....