armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Old 10-30-2005, 06:50 AM
Major General

Default France would have gone to war !

A popular misconception is that France would never have deployed troops to Iraq . This is incorrect . France wanted to explore and exhaust the UN route . Only then would it commit troops to a war in Iraq . The use of force was always on the table . France was not prepared to be bullied and Quite rightly wanted to find a peaceful solution . War is always the last resort !
For 12 years the allies policed the No fly zones over Iraq .But did not put pressure on Iraq to comply to UN resolutions .After 9/11 we finally had the resolve of the International community to sort Iraq out through the UN . We blew the opportunity of keeping the International community on board by rushing into a war without exhausting the diplomatic alternative !
Interesting link below
[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2773381.stm[/url]

Old 10-30-2005, 07:04 AM
Major General

Default whoops

Apologies ,I've put this in the wrong section .Sorry guys!

Old 10-31-2005, 03:20 AM
First Sergeant

no probs Tex it still gives me the oportunity to have a good 'ol rant!

People dont realize that Islamic terrorists were planning a devastating attack on a Christmas festival outside a cathederal in Strasbourg that would have killed thousands of French men,women and children but german secret service picked up on it and the plan was foiled.
They chose instead to carry out the attacks on the WTC.
The French never go in without exuasting diplomacy first you are right there but you cant help but think that if the Strasbourg attack had taken place then they would have been the first to kick off and we would be cautioning restraint to them instead of the other way round.
Ironic!

Old 10-31-2005, 04:11 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones
People dont realize that Islamic terrorists were planning a devastating attack on a Christmas festival outside a cathederal in Strasbourg that would have killed thousands of French men,women and children
wrong we are informed since the first day and we realize very well. my country fights terrorism for a very long time and will always fight it but our war is against terrorism not against Iraq.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:49 AM
Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Beagle

Anyone heard the joke

While everyone else's tank's have 5 forward and 1 reverse gear the French have 1 forward and 5 reverse :P

Beag
By a free country, I mean a country where people are allowed, As long as they do not hurt their neighbours, To do as they like. I do not mean a country where six men may make five men do exactly as they like

Old 10-31-2005, 06:18 AM
Second Lieutenant

it is a joke which everyone uses and it also goes for english

Old 10-31-2005, 10:12 AM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle
Anyone heard the joke

While everyone else's tank's have 5 forward and 1 reverse gear the French have 1 forward and 5 reverse :P

Beag
Thats the Italian Tanks ,I heard that years ago

Old 10-31-2005, 11:42 AM
Private

Talking

The French have been cowards since WWII is my opinion...here is a little 'bit' Ill tell to you about my uncles friend who's a WWII vet.

He was at the airport coming back to the US from France, for the first time since the war, and when it took him a more than two seconds to find his passport on him, the man asking him for it said,
"Sir you knew you were going to need your passport, why didn't you have it ready"
my uncles friend replyed...
"well I'm sorry, the last time I was here, I was landing here on D-Day, and there wasn't ONE DAMNED FRENCHMAN HERE!!!

Thats pretty funny if you ask me.
I could rant and rave all day about the cowardice of the Frenchman, with the great exception of WWI, there is quite the glitch there.

Dan

Old 10-31-2005, 02:51 PM
Major General

All armies have been accused of cowardice at some point of there history . The British Army was accused of cowardice at Dunkirk .The American Army was accused of it during the battle of the Bulge ,I could go on and bore you all to death . Wanting to find a peaceful solution is not cowardice .

I say again WAR IS THE LAST RESORT !
Lets stick to the thread .

Last edited by Texas; 10-31-2005 at 03:39 PM..

Old 10-31-2005, 07:27 PM
Second Lieutenant

what he does not say that his uncle was a vet but in the unit of domestic tasks xD