armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 03-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Private

Default i signed up to go to s korea back in 2003

i am 11bravo (infantry) and when i went back in 2002 to casey it was a hardship tour. meaning no family on that base, certain mos jobs in the army go to the Seoul base and they can bring the family along. it is based on rank also, and for the night life. the base is surrounded by drinkie girl clubs, alcohol is cheap and it can get wild out there. there is lots of stuff to do at that base to keep busy in the off time thouh. bowling, movies, swimming, gyms, are among the many activities to enjoy on base.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:58 AM
Sergeant First Class

If i remember correctly, there is no chance of going to Iraq from Camp Casey. I had asked my soldier that at some point, and I'm 99% sure that they can't/won't deploy soldiers from Camp Casey to anywhere else. As for the "nightlife"....as long as he tells the girls at the bars he has no money politely, he should be fine in that respect. he should never go out on the town alone. [url]http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/camp-casey.htm[/url] this site has some info as to what Camp Casey has to offer. Hope this helps!