armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Money and Finance
User Name
Password

Old 09-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Private

Send a message via AIM to Spicy964
Question BAH Question???

Hello, I am wondering how do they judge who is eligible for BAH to live off base? Like can anyone get it if they choose to not live on base?

Someone please help... I am confused
:

Old 09-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****y964 View Post
Hello, I am wondering how do they judge who is eligible for BAH to live off base? Like can anyone get it if they choose to not live on base?

Someone please help... I am confused
:
Some bases require you to live on housing while others don't... You should call the housing office of the post you will be stationed at. If the soldier is married and away at BCT/AIT you should qualify for BHA. There is a chart online that will determine it for you. I lived in TN and it was $892. I now live in TX and it is $862 (something like that). Anyway, should you need anything else feel free to email me or catch me on IM.

Fire

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 09-11-2007, 01:03 PM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to kmullins

some bases dont have houses on them, so ofcourse you would have to live offbase. i have heard most require newbies to live onbase. when you go to inprocess on your base, they will let ya know.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmullins View Post
some bases dont have houses on them, so ofcourse you would have to live offbase. i have heard most require newbies to live onbase. when you go to inprocess on your base, they will let ya know.
Theres an inprocess!? Ok what's that?

Old 09-12-2007, 11:29 AM
First Lieutenant

fireball has just went through it so she may be better at explaining, but ill give it a try. i do remind you that ive never lived on a base yet. all my info on stuff like that comes from talking to people on here and reading info.

when you first go to your base, there is an office you will go to to fill out more papers. this will determine what kind of quarters you will need. if you have a family you will need to apply for a house. some bases have waiting list that can be up to a year long. where you go on this list depends on your rank and number of dependants. Fireball just posted and will be moving into her place i believe Monday, so that wait wasnt that bad.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
fireball has just went through it so she may be better at explaining, but ill give it a try. i do remind you that ive never lived on a base yet. all my info on stuff like that comes from talking to people on here and reading info.

when you first go to your base, there is an office you will go to to fill out more papers. this will determine what kind of quarters you will need. if you have a family you will need to apply for a house. some bases have waiting list that can be up to a year long. where you go on this list depends on your rank and number of dependants. Fireball just posted and will be moving into her place i believe Monday, so that wait wasnt that bad.
Girl I am off post... there is a 16-18 month wait.... Go figure... This post doesn't make you live on or off post as a married couple.

Anyway, ****y and I have PMd more on the issue. Hopefully she's set!

-Fireball

Old 09-13-2007, 06:41 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
Girl I am off post... there is a 16-18 month wait.... Go figure... This post doesn't make you live on or off post as a married couple.
Anyway, ****y and I have PMd more on the issue. Hopefully she's set!
thats a hell of a wait. dont know why i thought you already had a house on base? did you guess enroll for one when it comes up? hope J dont have a long drive to go to work.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
thats a hell of a wait. dont know why i thought you already had a house on base? did you guess enroll for one when it comes up? hope J dont have a long drive to go to work.
Yes, we signed up... We're hoping we'll get in at 12 months... no he will not have a drive... hence we are living in the nice part of the ghetto... rofl

-Fireball

Old 09-13-2007, 01:48 PM
First Lieutenant

nothing like the ghetto!

Old 09-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
Yes, we signed up... We're hoping we'll get in at 12 months... no he will not have a drive... hence we are living in the nice part of the ghetto... rofl

First and foremost...theres a nice part of the Ghetto!? How did I not know this....!? And is housing really that bad? And or hard to get into on post?....Great...more stressing on my part now....