armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Old 05-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Brigadier General

Gotta agree with you there, Lily.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:06 PM
First Sergeant

One case reported down here in Florida. Some kid at Hallendale High School got it. Now everytime I turn on the news it's nothing but swine flu. Not only does the media blow it out of proportion but parents do too. Very annoying.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Whiskey View Post
One case reported down here in Florida. Some kid at Hallendale High School got it. Now everytime I turn on the news it's nothing but swine flu. Not only does the media blow it out of proportion but parents do too. Very annoying.
Wanna know what's funny about that case?

Her parents didn't take her to the hospital til the news reports about swine started. Why? Because it is nothing more than a flu.

But I love how Hallandale High gets its first real cleaning in years when some chick gets the swine flu. Hey, how about we just have all high schools sanitize whenever a kid gets called in sick? God knows a cold is deadly in Africa!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Sergeant

Send a message via AIM to lilyOhio
Wink

hate to say "i told you so." but....

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/05/04/swine.flu.main/index.html[/url]
and
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/04/28/regular.flu/index.html#cnnSTCText?iref=werecommend[/url]

Old 05-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizo View Post
Sheesh, well lets hope it gets nowhere near your grandson!

And also, isn't telling someone not to panic, sort of reverse psychology? Same thing as when someone says, "Don't look down".
hahaa i agree. i think everyone is overreacting. this one kid i saw was sick and he was freaking out cuz he thought he had the swine flu

Old 05-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Staff Sergeant

hmm well a video making fun of how the media blows just about everything out of proportion it focuses on SARS and the swine flu [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwm45MHV2jM&feature=related[/url] .enjoy! people die every year from the flu and from what ive heard the news say symptoms are relatively mild so yes everything is getting blow out of proportion. i think its all good and well they have informed us but to make a panic out of it and seeing it on the news every night is over the top

Old 05-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Brigadier General

Well.. i agree, people tend to over react about thease things nowadays since the media is so "vigorous" at its task.

one of the people i knew when i was at school died of mutated influenza here... it was about 10 years
ago..

they never knew what animal it was but the diagnostic suggested that it was human to animal to human strain.. they treated the disease but it had already did its bad deeds...

the man died at age 20 from a flu which he had no immune defence against..
it spread in to he's brains and he never woke up... at the same time
i got a nasty fewer which lasted about a week.

but i newer saw him again.

it was those so called "isolated cases".

they do happen.

this epidemic will probably roam trough the globe for the next 10-20 years and some will die.

thats life.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:41 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSD1986 View Post
hmm well a video making fun of how the media blows just about everything out of proportion it focuses on SARS and the swine flu [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwm45MHV2jM&feature=related[/url] .enjoy! people die every year from the flu and from what ive heard the news say symptoms are relatively mild so yes everything is getting blow out of proportion. i think its all good and well they have informed us but to make a panic out of it and seeing it on the news every night is over the top
thats a good video!

Old 05-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinhim View Post
thats a good video!
umm well.. no.. but the about people freakingout about flu... yes. totally agree.

flu has killed billions.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Second Lieutenant

A few people get swine flu and people rush to purchase masks.

Millions have HIV, and nobody wants to wear a ****ing condom.

0.o

"A man once said that the day America elects a black president, pigs will fly. 100 days into Obama's presidency, the swine flu."
rofl.