armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Old 04-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizo View Post
I've been toying around with different types of music to see which kind gets me more pumped for running. Ironicly, Rap is the best so far...it gives me a beat that I can jog too and if I want to sing along to control my breathing it works better than rock where a lot of it is long winded screams. Although, when in lifting, I prefer rock.
I generally prefer hardcore techno.. My parents think I do acid because of what i listen to hah.

I didn't list too much of that stuff though, most people aren't into that kind of music.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:19 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake View Post
I generally prefer hardcore techno.. My parents think I do acid because of what i listen to hah.

I didn't list too much of that stuff though, most people aren't into that kind of music.
Yeah, only people on hallucinogens can stand techno. I tried to get into it but its pretty boring to listen without drugs I guess.

As far as I am concerned music pretty much died with Biggie and Pac, and the suicide of Kurt Cobain. After them there have been some good artists to come out...but as far as mainstream music, well...just MEH.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Um..

Tight Body- Trash Fashion
Dark In Me- Velvet Acid Christ
City- Hollywood Undead
Ecstasy- ATB
Rollin Hard- Boondox
Crank It Up- Scooter
Poker Face- Lady GaGa
Feuer Frei- Rammstein
Rammstein- Rammstein
All The Things She Said- t.A.t.u.
**** it- Seether
Gotta Be Somebody- Nickelback
Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana
TNT- ACDC
Rebel Yell- Billy Idol
Plasticity- Front Line Assembly
We Don't Die- Twiztid
Afterlife- Avenged Sevenfold
Move, Shake, Drop- DJ Laz
Get This Party Started- Pink
Circus- Britney Spears
hahaha strawberry shortcake hahaha my inner 16 year old is dieing of laughter hahaha

Old 04-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Yeah, only people on hallucinogens can stand techno. I tried to get into it but its pretty boring to listen without drugs I guess.

As far as I am concerned music pretty much died with Biggie and Pac, and the suicide of Kurt Cobain. After them there have been some good artists to come out...but as far as mainstream music, well...just MEH.
I don't do acid.. and I like techno??

My dad swears Courtney Love killed Kurt Cobain, lol.

Mainstream music generally sucks. Like wtf is that Soulja Boy bull???
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksman View Post
hahaha strawberry shortcake hahaha my inner 16 year old is dieing of laughter hahaha
That's funny. My inner eight year old is laughing at your mispelling of "dying" and your overall lack of grammar skills.

What exactly was your inner sixteen year laughing about?

Old 04-27-2009, 05:59 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
I don't do acid.. and I like techno??

My dad swears Courtney Love killed Kurt Cobain, lol.

Mainstream music generally sucks. Like wtf is that Soulja Boy bull???
I dunno, people who like techno have always seemed wierd to me. Honestly, I don't think I have met anyone who listened to techno and didn't do drugs...atleast at one time in their life. Techno flat out sucks. Now, hip-hop drum and base is cool because its a DJ remixing rap songs over their own beats, thats pretty damned cool.

I am a HUGE (and huge is an understatement) Nirvana fan. I honestly don't think Courtney had the brain cells to murder Kurt. I am quite sure he did himself in....I have my own reasons to believe so. And anyway, if i were married to Courtney Love, I definitely would put a shotgun in my mouth too. I am sure she was another reason Kurt justified the taking of his own life.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
I dunno, people who like techno have always seemed wierd to me. Honestly, I don't think I have met anyone who listened to techno and didn't do drugs...atleast at one time in their life. Techno flat out sucks. Now, hip-hop drum and base is cool because its a DJ remixing rap songs over their own beats, thats pretty damned cool.

I am a HUGE (and huge is an understatement) Nirvana fan. I honestly don't think Courtney had the brain cells to murder Kurt. I am quite sure he did himself in....I have my own reasons to believe so. And anyway, if i were married to Courtney Love, I definitely would put a shotgun in my mouth too. I am sure she was another reason Kurt justified the taking of his own life.
Well, yeah i've never met anyone who listens to techno that hasn't done any drugs either..

I'm not sure if the artists I like would be classified as electronica or techno..

Having to be in the same room with Courtney Love, let alone dating her, is enough for any person to want to kill themselves. Poor Kurt.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Second Lieutenant

If you like rap, you'd probably like Immortal Technique.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:20 PM
First Lieutenant

Yeah, I think she played a major role in what led Kurt to do it. I mean, if you take the time to listen to his music and really understand it/him, you can see he was a troubled guy. Courtney was just using him for the spotlight..and I think when Kurt came to this realization it pushed him over the edge. He was already having issues dealing with his success...not only was he uber famous and didn't know how to handle it, but to him, having all these fans, most of which whom didn't really understand what he was trying to say, was super depressing for him. It's like having everyone in the world wanting to hear what you have to say but you can't speak.

As a matter of fact, I see you listed "Smells Like Teen Spirit" on your playlist. Kurt resented that song because he felt it was a rip off of the Pixies, another band that Kurt liked. The next song on the Nevermind Album is "In Bloom"..which is a slap in the face to anyone who sings along to it but doesn't know what the song is really about. This is probably one of the reasons that most of the songs Nirvana made afterwards don't make much sense, they are actually random lines from poetry thrown together to make a song....but there are a few that were not nonsense.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:21 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
If you like rap, you'd probably like Immortal Technique.
Heh, been listening to Immortal Technique for years.

"I desintigrate mic's when I spit...causing more casualties than sunken slave ships"

Old 04-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Yeah, I think she played a major role in what led Kurt to do it. I mean, if you take the time to listen to his music and really understand it/him, you can see he was a troubled guy. Courtney was just using him for the spotlight..and I think when Kurt came to this realization it pushed him over the edge. He was already having issues dealing with his success...not only was he uber famous and didn't know how to handle it, but to him, having all these fans, most of which whom didn't really understand what he was trying to say, was super depressing for him. It's like having everyone in the world wanting to hear what you have to say but you can't speak.

As a matter of fact, I see you listed "Smells Like Teen Spirit" on your playlist. Kurt resented that song because he felt it was a rip off of the Pixies, another band that Kurt liked. The next song on the Nevermind Album is "In Bloom"..which is a slap in the face to anyone who sings along to it but doesn't know what the song is really about. This is probably one of the reasons that most of the songs Nirvana made afterwards don't make much sense, they are actually random lines from poetry thrown together to make a song....but there are a few that were not nonsense.
If I were Kurt, I probably wouldn't have killed myself, I would've just become some super rude assface.. and probably would've made Courtney disappear..

I don't really get how you can resent your own music....