armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #11  
Old 04-27-2009, 04:12 PM
StrawberryShortcake StrawberryShortcake is offline
Second Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Davie, Florida
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizo View Post
I've been toying around with different types of music to see which kind gets me more pumped for running. Ironicly, Rap is the best so far...it gives me a beat that I can jog too and if I want to sing along to control my breathing it works better than rock where a lot of it is long winded screams. Although, when in lifting, I prefer rock.
I generally prefer hardcore techno.. My parents think I do acid because of what i listen to hah.

I didn't list too much of that stuff though, most people aren't into that kind of music.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 04-27-2009, 04:19 PM
JBizo's Avatar
JBizo JBizo is offline
First Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake View Post
I generally prefer hardcore techno.. My parents think I do acid because of what i listen to hah.

I didn't list too much of that stuff though, most people aren't into that kind of music.
Yeah, only people on hallucinogens can stand techno. I tried to get into it but its pretty boring to listen without drugs I guess.

As far as I am concerned music pretty much died with Biggie and Pac, and the suicide of Kurt Cobain. After them there have been some good artists to come out...but as far as mainstream music, well...just MEH.
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 04-27-2009, 04:42 PM
marksman's Avatar
marksman marksman is offline
Staff Sergeant
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake View Post
Um..

Tight Body- Trash Fashion
Dark In Me- Velvet Acid Christ
City- Hollywood Undead
Ecstasy- ATB
Rollin Hard- Boondox
Crank It Up- Scooter
Poker Face- Lady GaGa
Feuer Frei- Rammstein
Rammstein- Rammstein
All The Things She Said- t.A.t.u.
**** it- Seether
Gotta Be Somebody- Nickelback
Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana
TNT- ACDC
Rebel Yell- Billy Idol
Plasticity- Front Line Assembly
We Don't Die- Twiztid
Afterlife- Avenged Sevenfold
Move, Shake, Drop- DJ Laz
Get This Party Started- Pink
Circus- Britney Spears
hahaha strawberry shortcake hahaha my inner 16 year old is dieing of laughter hahaha
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 04-27-2009, 05:40 PM
StrawberryShortcake StrawberryShortcake is offline
Second Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Davie, Florida
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizo View Post
Yeah, only people on hallucinogens can stand techno. I tried to get into it but its pretty boring to listen without drugs I guess.

As far as I am concerned music pretty much died with Biggie and Pac, and the suicide of Kurt Cobain. After them there have been some good artists to come out...but as far as mainstream music, well...just MEH.
I don't do acid.. and I like techno??

My dad swears Courtney Love killed Kurt Cobain, lol.

Mainstream music generally sucks. Like wtf is that Soulja Boy bull???
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksman View Post
hahaha strawberry shortcake hahaha my inner 16 year old is dieing of laughter hahaha
That's funny. My inner eight year old is laughing at your mispelling of "dying" and your overall lack of grammar skills.

What exactly was your inner sixteen year laughing about?
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 04-27-2009, 05:59 PM
JBizo's Avatar
JBizo JBizo is offline
First Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake View Post
I don't do acid.. and I like techno??

My dad swears Courtney Love killed Kurt Cobain, lol.

Mainstream music generally sucks. Like wtf is that Soulja Boy bull???
I dunno, people who like techno have always seemed wierd to me. Honestly, I don't think I have met anyone who listened to techno and didn't do drugs...atleast at one time in their life. Techno flat out sucks. Now, hip-hop drum and base is cool because its a DJ remixing rap songs over their own beats, thats pretty damned cool.

I am a HUGE (and huge is an understatement) Nirvana fan. I honestly don't think Courtney had the brain cells to murder Kurt. I am quite sure he did himself in....I have my own reasons to believe so. And anyway, if i were married to Courtney Love, I definitely would put a shotgun in my mouth too. I am sure she was another reason Kurt justified the taking of his own life.
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 04-27-2009, 06:07 PM
StrawberryShortcake StrawberryShortcake is offline
Second Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Davie, Florida
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizo View Post
I dunno, people who like techno have always seemed wierd to me. Honestly, I don't think I have met anyone who listened to techno and didn't do drugs...atleast at one time in their life. Techno flat out sucks. Now, hip-hop drum and base is cool because its a DJ remixing rap songs over their own beats, thats pretty damned cool.

I am a HUGE (and huge is an understatement) Nirvana fan. I honestly don't think Courtney had the brain cells to murder Kurt. I am quite sure he did himself in....I have my own reasons to believe so. And anyway, if i were married to Courtney Love, I definitely would put a shotgun in my mouth too. I am sure she was another reason Kurt justified the taking of his own life.
Well, yeah i've never met anyone who listens to techno that hasn't done any drugs either..

I'm not sure if the artists I like would be classified as electronica or techno..

Having to be in the same room with Courtney Love, let alone dating her, is enough for any person to want to kill themselves. Poor Kurt.
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 04-27-2009, 06:10 PM
StrawberryShortcake StrawberryShortcake is offline
Second Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Davie, Florida
Posts: 667
Default

If you like rap, you'd probably like Immortal Technique.
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 04-27-2009, 06:20 PM
JBizo's Avatar
JBizo JBizo is offline
First Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 809
Default

Yeah, I think she played a major role in what led Kurt to do it. I mean, if you take the time to listen to his music and really understand it/him, you can see he was a troubled guy. Courtney was just using him for the spotlight..and I think when Kurt came to this realization it pushed him over the edge. He was already having issues dealing with his success...not only was he uber famous and didn't know how to handle it, but to him, having all these fans, most of which whom didn't really understand what he was trying to say, was super depressing for him. It's like having everyone in the world wanting to hear what you have to say but you can't speak.

As a matter of fact, I see you listed "Smells Like Teen Spirit" on your playlist. Kurt resented that song because he felt it was a rip off of the Pixies, another band that Kurt liked. The next song on the Nevermind Album is "In Bloom"..which is a slap in the face to anyone who sings along to it but doesn't know what the song is really about. This is probably one of the reasons that most of the songs Nirvana made afterwards don't make much sense, they are actually random lines from poetry thrown together to make a song....but there are a few that were not nonsense.
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old 04-27-2009, 06:21 PM
JBizo's Avatar
JBizo JBizo is offline
First Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake View Post
If you like rap, you'd probably like Immortal Technique.
Heh, been listening to Immortal Technique for years.

"I desintigrate mic's when I spit...causing more casualties than sunken slave ships"
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 04-27-2009, 06:26 PM
StrawberryShortcake StrawberryShortcake is offline
Second Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Davie, Florida
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizo View Post
Yeah, I think she played a major role in what led Kurt to do it. I mean, if you take the time to listen to his music and really understand it/him, you can see he was a troubled guy. Courtney was just using him for the spotlight..and I think when Kurt came to this realization it pushed him over the edge. He was already having issues dealing with his success...not only was he uber famous and didn't know how to handle it, but to him, having all these fans, most of which whom didn't really understand what he was trying to say, was super depressing for him. It's like having everyone in the world wanting to hear what you have to say but you can't speak.

As a matter of fact, I see you listed "Smells Like Teen Spirit" on your playlist. Kurt resented that song because he felt it was a rip off of the Pixies, another band that Kurt liked. The next song on the Nevermind Album is "In Bloom"..which is a slap in the face to anyone who sings along to it but doesn't know what the song is really about. This is probably one of the reasons that most of the songs Nirvana made afterwards don't make much sense, they are actually random lines from poetry thrown together to make a song....but there are a few that were not nonsense.
If I were Kurt, I probably wouldn't have killed myself, I would've just become some super rude assface.. and probably would've made Courtney disappear..

I don't really get how you can resent your own music....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.