armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 04-15-2009, 08:37 AM
First Lieutenant

Default Hello from Tampa FL

I'll give you the quick run down.

25 year old male Originally from Deltona, FL (between Orlando and Daytona). Moved to Tampa about 7 months ago and decided I wanted another change. So, I joined the Army.

I ship out June 10th headed for Ft. Knox, KY for basic and then over to Ft. Gordon in GA for AIT. I will be a 25N which is Nodal Systems.

That is all. HOOOAAHH!

-JohnnyB

Old 04-15-2009, 08:52 AM
Brigadier General

Hi, Johnny. Welcome to the site.

Congratulations on your enlistment in the Army. It sounds like you got the contract you wanted. Do you know offhand how long the AIT is for MOS 25N?

I suggest you spend the remainder of your time at home to prepare yourself physically for BCT. If you can pass the APFT with a good score before you leave then you'll have an easier time of it.

Are you in the Future Soldier Program? That will help your transition from civilian to soldier, too. If you're not entering the Army at a higher paygrade than E-1 you'll be able to go in as a PV2, E-2. A few classes & a PT test is all it takes.

Good luck!
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Private First Class

Question Hi, from Huntsville, AR

Hi my name is Jamie and I'm new here. I just took the ASVAB and i scored an 81 is this good or bad?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:00 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post

Congratulations on your enlistment in the Army. It sounds like you got the contract you wanted. Do you know offhand how long the AIT is for MOS 25N?

I suggest you spend the remainder of your time at home to prepare yourself physically for BCT. If you can pass the APFT with a good score before you leave then you'll have an easier time of it.

Are you in the Future Soldier Program? That will help your transition from civilian to soldier, too. If you're not entering the Army at a higher paygrade than E-1 you'll be able to go in as a PV2, E-2. A few classes & a PT test is all it takes.

Good luck!

Than you Master Sergeant!

And yes, I had absolutely no issue with the liason getting the contract I wanted. I actually felt like they expidited my papers to the head of everyone else at MEPS.

I am in pretty fit condition. Only thing I need to really worry about is my running time but I am already taking steps to improve it. I just need to get my lungs up to par, I know my muscles can handle it.

I am in the Future Soldiers program. I have already learned the Army alphabet, rank structure, and my geneal orders. Feel free to quiz me at any time! I should be entering as an E2, however, I recently got a buddy interested in joining, so with that I could go in as an E3.

ARMYCHIK - and 81 is very good. Depending on what your line scores are, which should be easily over 100 in each, you could probably pick any MOS you want, as long as they are available of course.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:14 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post

Good luck!
Thank you MSG Glenn.

Yeah, I had zero problems with the liason in getting the MOS I requested. I actually felt like my paperwork was expidited ahead of others who were waiting. I don't think I sat around hardly at all at MEPS. I'd hand someone my paperwork and 2 mins later I was sitting with someone. I kinda felt bad for everyone else who was waiting. The AIT for 25 November is nearly 24 weeks.

I am not too worried about the APFT. I am in pretty good physical condition. My hobbies always kept me pretty active and fit. Although, I admit I am not much of a runner but I am already working on that.

And yes, I am in the Future Soldiers program. I've already learned the Army alphabet, rank structure, and general orders. Feel free to quiz me anytime!

With that I should be going in as E2 and I am waiting on a buddy who recently surprised me and his wife of one week with interest in joining. So, when he starts that process I will put him in as a referral and it will rank me up to E3.

Oh, and... HOOOOAHHH!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armychik View Post
Hi my name is Jamie and I'm new here. I just took the ASVAB and i scored an 81 is this good or bad?
It's a good score, Jamie. The highest score attainable is 99. the minimum score to enlist is 31. You should be able to have a good selection of MOSs with that.
Retired MSG

Old 04-15-2009, 09:19 AM
First Lieutenant

MSG Glenn I responded to your post but it isn't showing up. Says it needs moderator approval. Any idea how long it normally takes for the post to appear?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizo View Post
MSG Glenn I responded to your post but it isn't showing up. Says it needs moderator approval. Any idea how long it normally takes for the post to appear?
I don't know. I've heard of that happening from time to time. You signed up yesterday so maybe it takes a few days to have full privileges.

If you have any problems PM Grimm, our admin.
Retired MSG

Old 04-15-2009, 09:33 AM
First Lieutenant

I think it has to do with me quoting you.

So, to answer your questions...for the 3rd time.

No, I had zero problems with the liason getting the MOS I requested. I actually felt they pushed me ahead of a lot of others throughout MEPS. I would hand my papers in and before my butt could hit the chair, they called me in. Also, the AIT is about 24 weeks long I believe..like 23 weeks and some odd days.

As for my physical condition. I am pretty fit. My hobbies always kept me active and in decent shape...just gotta get the legs back into running mode. I am so used to riding my mountain bike that the impact from running wears on them a bit. I am working on it though.

I am currently in the Future Soldiers Program. I have learned the Army alphabet, rank structure, and general orders. Feel Free to quize me anytime.

With that i should be able to enter as an E2. Although a buddy surprised me and his wife of a week (lol) with interest in joining. So, pending that, his referral should boost me to E3.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Private First Class

Cool Thanks

Thank you for your input i hope i can get a good MOS. I got to BCT this summer.