armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Old 02-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Sergeant

Send a message via Yahoo to Grimes
Default Special Forces

What od you think is the best Special Forces job in the Army? Airborne, Green Berets or Rangers?

Old 02-18-2005, 04:14 PM
Private First Class

If you consider Delta Force i would say that they are the best. but they are a CT group, so if not them I would say green baret

Old 02-18-2005, 04:38 PM
Sergeant

I forgot about Delta Force. They are off of the Rangers.

Old 02-22-2005, 02:14 PM
HoTshOt30

Default what about the marines i want to know more

marines sound so much fun to me and i heard that you can get an education b4 you go you can get in and get a great deal doing it that way.

Old 03-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Special Forces is only an asset the US Army has. If you are attempting to encompass all Special Operations units, you would use Special Operations Forces, or SOF .. Special Forces is a specific title for those walking around in the green berets doing FID/UW and speaking in tongues.

You cannot compare SOF units, ie, no one is better or best - they all have different functions. Attempting to say one is better than another shows a complete lack of understanding for the intent, purpose and mission of these units.

Old 03-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Sergeant

Okay, you may have me there. But each one is trained for different tasks. Delta for example has special training on clearing rooms and houses ect... Rangers and Green Berets from what i know at the moment are both good. Green Berets are trained for mountianus terrain.

Old 03-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Recruit

Its amazing how little you know yet how many assumptions you make. Im not saying this to be a punk but its true. I'm in an Airborne unit and I still dont think I know all of what everybody does. We do get a lot of training in room / house clearing tho. My opinion coast guard has the most experiance in that. SF (the guys with the green berets) does all that stuff, room clearing, mountain training, all that good stuff. Their training takes about 2 years just to be SF, and when their done with that they still dont know anything until they spend a couple years with the team. Especially these 18x babies, they dont even know what a beret is until PLDC / BNCOC which is a joke to them. It takes a long time to grow an SF soldier but once you have one, they're pretty bad ***. They usually travel in 12 man teams. Basically you send an SF team into a country, give them a lot of guns, and a lot of money, and they will train an army for you and win the country over. Rangers are the guys that go in a batallion at a time guns a blazin all hoah without thinkin and get themselves killed. But they get the job done. Airborne unit is just another infantry unit, only we can jump out of planes...big deal. Our training is pretty cool sometimes but right now we're just like every other grunt in Iraq or Afghanistan, we guard towers and clear villages just as well as a guy without wings. Oh and Delta doesnt exist. And if they did they would definatly NOT be off the rangers.

Old 03-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Recruit

Default i<m a canadian and my army suck...how can i go in the american army

hi everyone.....i just have a question...i<m a canadian ....and i want to go in the army for hard core action...but my army definitely suck..than can i go in yours ....how?? and did the others soldier....are usually bad with the canadian thank you.......

if you want answer me quickly...e-mail me at .... [email]drumtim@hotmail.com[/email]
thankyou

Old 03-16-2005, 10:02 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes
Okay, you may have me there. But each one is trained for different tasks. Delta for example has special training on clearing rooms and houses ect... Rangers and Green Berets from what i know at the moment are both good. Green Berets are trained for mountianus terrain.
Green berets are hats, they don't do much of anything but sit on top of heads.

Special Forces and Rangers train for mountainous terrain, big deal - so do several other conventional leg infantry units.

Every one from the leg to USASOC better know how to clear a room.

Yes, both Special Forces and Rangers are "good" .. they are good because they train, over and over and over.

Our regular infantry is pretty good too - they're good because they too, train. However, you can't compare the Ranger Regt to the 82nd Abn - they aren't doing the same mission.

So saying one is better than the other, doesn't make much sense. It's the same with comparing SOF units, night and day.

As for "Delta" .. they recruit from the entire Army, not just SF groups and the Ranger Regt.

Old 04-12-2005, 09:00 AM
Sergeant

task force 121 is tops man