armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Military Hardware, Gear and Technology
User Name
Password

Old 02-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Sergeant First Class

Thumbs up New US Military Weapons.

Well I was watching Futureweapons once again and came across some impressive new US Military weapons. Here they are:

Heckley & Koch's 416: The weapon looking to replace the M4 and M16, it looks very similar but doesn't do something the M4's and M16 sometimes can do. It never jams, it was shown being fired after being pulled out of water and sand. It also can shoot rotating 360 degrees and it won't jam.
More info: [url]http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,14632,Soldiertech_HK416,,00.html[/url]
Picture: [url]http://images.military.com/pics/SoldierTech_HK416-1.jpg[/url]

Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV): New assault vehicle for the US Marines and can travel up to 4 times faster than previous vehivle.(29 knots) But it won't be into service untill 2011. It carries a crew of three and a squad of US Marines(17) and for its weapon is has a 30mm cannon.
More info: [url]http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/2006/07/the-usmcs-expeditionary-fighting-vehicle-sdd-phase-updated/index.php[/url]
Picture: [url]http://i.n.com.com/i/ne/p/2006/1_550x405.jpg[/url]

NLOS_LS or non-line-of-sight-launch-system: "rocket in a box". It looks like a refrigerator lol but is ment to be fast moving artillery mosty if a threat attacks the US and is dug in will also. It can be dropped by helicopter or pretty much anything else. It holds I think 14 missles that can be GPS guided or buy a laser designator. They also said the missle can be told to change fligt patterns while its traveling and determine targets from images installed in the missle. For instance if made to blow up a t-72 then it'll identify if it is or not and well destroy it.
More info: [url]http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/net-fires.htm[/url]
Picture: [url]http://www.composites.sparta.com/images/Launch.jpg[/url]
Confusing Picture of how it works: [url]http://www.composites.sparta.com/images/OptionalConcept.jpg[/url]

So what do you think of the new US Military weapons? I know I like them.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:27 AM
General of the Armies

That H&K is nice man.. ideal for built up areas, dont see any specs on longer range accuaracy and targeting abilities... Its a close quarter monster given its regulated rate of fire.... big problem with high rates of fire is recoil on auto and power build up with fast repitition making the recoil huge thus destroying accurracy... H&K slowed the rate of fire to a balance between recoil fire supremacy.... can it be regulated to 3 shot??.... Anyway, good post man.. some nice toys there...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 02-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Second Lieutenant

hmm I may start watching that show lol saw it the other day but blew it off to go outside and chill.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Brigadier General

[URL="http://world.guns.ru/assault/hk416-2.jpg"]HK 416 with the 14,5 inch barrel[/URL]

looks like a fine gun. HK has always produced more or less topnotch weaponry tough.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:30 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
That H&K is nice man.. ideal for built up areas, dont see any specs on longer range accuaracy and targeting abilities... Its a close quarter monster given its regulated rate of fire.... big problem with high rates of fire is recoil on auto and power build up with fast repitition making the recoil huge thus destroying accurracy... H&K slowed the rate of fire to a balance between recoil fire supremacy.... can it be regulated to 3 shot??.... Anyway, good post man.. some nice toys there...
i think its single / auto only. here in the cold north we usually use thease two modes.
the Swedes ripped the "burst mode" away from their FNs.. (AK-5).

Old 02-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Sergeant First Class

Some US forces are already using it in Iraq and the U.S Capitol Police also have the HK416.

Here's a link showing forces in Iraqusing it,Police using the weapon and different types of the HK416.

[url]http://www.hkpro.com/hk416.htm[/url]

On the show the man firing the HK416 pulled out the recoil thing or something and usually for any other gun it is hot as hell. But it was cold as can be when he was holding it, the host of the show was afraid to touch it thinking it be hot but ended up finding out that its well...cold. lol

Old 02-20-2007, 05:39 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by torspo[fin] View Post
i think its single / auto only. here in the cold north we usually use thease two modes.
the Swedes ripped the "burst mode" away from their FNs.. (AK-5).
Yea, its all about making it easier... when I joined the Irish Army reserves as young kid, we trained on the FN and the SMG we used was the Gustav, it was a death trap, and a huge amount of training went into it to make good weapons handlers out of us (so we didnt kill ourselves).... but by the time I went into the regulars, I could fire the Gustav SMG (Full Auto weapon with heavy bolt blow back system) on single shot.... Some trigger feeling there.... I severed a nerve in my trigger finger on flying glass a couple of years later and never had the same control to fire a full auto SMG on single shot by trigger feel only... Nowadays, the AUG solves my problem for me... no need for that Jedi Trigger Finger.....

I wonder how easy the 416 is to reload in a hurry.... from getting a go on the 91, it would say its a good design for easy reload...

Old 02-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

I am using the HK 416 right now.. very happy with it. It is not in the running to replace the M4/M16, however.

Also, EVERY weapon can and will jam, to say something never jams is a lie.

I'll write more on the 416 later.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:25 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
I am using the HK 416 right now.. very happy with it. It is not in the running to replace the M4/M16, however.

I'll write more on the 416 later.
Nice one Bud... Whats the handling like?... Is the recoil on auto regulated like the other H&Ks by slower rate of fire? Whats ease of Mag change like, Good in a hurry? Whats accuracy like stretching upto 300 yards??... Any problems with carbonation creating jams after 2 mags or so?... That was a big complaint the brits had after the SA 80 was orginally released, but then again, never heard that about any H&K weapon.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
indeed. every piece jams in certain conditions.

but some are much less prone to it than others.
what i have read about the HK G36 it was already pritty good in the aspect
of duration. now this 416.. if it goes with the same path.. i think we
have the "best" assault rifle there.

Last edited by torspo[fin]; 02-21-2007 at 04:12 PM..