armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Old 02-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Private

Question Considering Joining the Army

Hi. I considered joining the Army before I graduated from highschool. I have always been interested in the military..(heh and military men ) I found a job and started attending a community college instead. It's been two years now and I'm job searching again. I don't really have very much job experience and can't figure out what I would like to do as a career, and I can no longer afford to go to college do to unfortunate circumstances. Needing some kind of direction in my life, I was wondering if the Army could be the way to go. My family and friends say that they can't see me in the military because of my personality ,I guess, but I would like to hear from other women soldiers or anyone with advice if this might be something I should consider. At this point in my life, I don't really know what to do. Please if anyone has advice, I would appreciate it.Thank you
-signed no longer armygirlfriend

Old 03-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Private

Default Sup

The Army is a great way to go in life. If your family doesnt think you can do it use that as your motivation to get through basic. Basic for women is easy. You'll probably go to Jackson the easiest base. I went to the gates of hell at Sill. Its also a great way to get through college.

Old 03-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Private

Default Thank you..Does anyone else have any advice?

How did you know the Army was for you? Did you consider other options as well?

Old 03-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Recruit

Default Whats The Problem Let Me Join

I Always Was Interested In Joing The Army But Through My Life I Have Encountered Problems Like Gangs And Littile Trouble Here And There I Want To Join Either The Army Or Marines The Problem Is I Need Sum One With Pull To Vouch For Me I Am Born An American Rasied American But I Am Of Middile Eastern Decent Iam Greek Orthodox Christian I Am In Good Shape And I Speak Fluent Arabic Can Any One Here Help Guide Me To Talk To Sum One I Have A Ged But A Littile Record