armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 01-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Recruit

Unhappy Basic training at Fort benning

HI, everyone~ My boyfriend just left today to basic training at fort benning, I'm very sad and scared... can anybody give me any advise? I would like to know when he could be able to write back.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Here are some sites that can answer some of your questions:

[url]https://www.benning.army.mil/bctb/content/grad_dates.htm[/url]
[url]http://www.army.com/enlist/basic-training.html[/url]

Old 01-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieSun
HI, everyone~ My boyfriend just left today to basic training at fort benning, I'm very sad and scared... can anybody give me any advise? I would like to know when he could be able to write back.
Even it is tough for you, I believe you can dish out those things right? I knew it is scary for most ladies to see their BF in the army but I believe there is also a way you can right him...you can also check [url]www.army.mil[/url]

Old 01-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Recruit

Thanx guys~ what about the graduation? How long do I get to see him?

Old 02-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Private

Send a message via AIM to 11Charlie

You get to see him all day on thursday when he turns blue , and he can go off post till 2100 then he can sign-out of fort benning around 11:00am on Friday after grad.

Mess with the best...Die like the rest

Old 02-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Recruit

Send a message via Yahoo to LovesHimCrazy
Question ???FT BENNING bct q's

Nut sure how to post a new thread first of all...so if anyone knows please tell me...but anyway. I am trying to find my best friend. He reported on Jan 22...not sure if he was stuck in recession long or what, but I really have no clue how to find out and I want his address. Does anyone know how I can at least NARROW MY SEARCH?
He is in basic now but will go for medic, airborne then ranger. So i dont know if he'll be in an infantry training or how they do that.
Any answers will help!!!
Thanks guys!!!!
~staisha

Old 02-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieSun View Post
Is he attending Infantry OSUT?

He'll be sending a form letter in a week or so once he completes Reception, about 6 days & goes into basic training (BCT or OSUT) It'll probably go to his folks so have them give you a call when they receive it. Make sure you use the exact address he sends. In a few weeks he'll probably be allowed to make a short phone call or maybe even several, probably on a Sunday. As he progresses through BCT he'll get more privileges which are earned & can be taken away for any reason. The phones he can use are at the PX annex near his barracks. There are normally long, long lines so he might not have enough time to get back on time. A VERY favored few are sometimes allowed to use the Drill SGT's office phone. There are times the DS will use that as an incentive to get the highest score in the various training.

He can write letters & receive them but you have to realize his personal time is extremely limited & sometimes they have a choice of writing or going to bed. He'll be tired -I can guarantee you!
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.