armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 04-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Brigadier General

I can advise anybody interested in enlisting in the Army to start the process NOW. Things are really starting to get hectic in the Recruiting offices. The economy & job losses are driving many to the Army at the same time H.S. & colleges are about to graduate. Bonuses are drying up, ASVAB minimum rerquired scores are increasing, waivers are hard or impossible to get, slots for many MOSs are filling up. Right now it's a seller's market with the Recruiters as the salespeople. I think it's too late for most at this time.

It'll probably ease up in fall & winter.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Private

Default 25n

I'm also going in as a 25N! You're so right to recommend starting the process now. Of course, a lot of 11 series would have no problem getting in right away, *I* don't ship until Sept 1st.

I was very lucky though. The 25Bs (general PC types) are locked for the foreseeable future.

It def is a seller's market, and I didn't grumble at all with the measly 2K bonus.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:55 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbare View Post
I'm also going in as a 25N! You're so right to recommend starting the process now. Of course, a lot of 11 series would have no problem getting in right away, *I* don't ship until Sept 1st.

I was very lucky though. The 25Bs (general PC types) are locked for the foreseeable future.

It def is a seller's market, and I didn't grumble at all with the measly 2K bonus.
$2K? How long did you sign for? I signed for 4 yrs and got $4K. I looked at 25B but decided on 25N instead....I've been checking the lists of people who are going in as 25 series and there arent many November's.

Congrats BTW!

Old 05-04-2009, 05:03 PM
First Sergeant

Quote:

I ship out September 1st as well. Where are you going for BCT?

Old 05-11-2009, 06:33 AM
Private

Default 25n

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizo View Post
$2K? How long did you sign for? I signed for 4 yrs and got $4K. I looked at 25B but decided on 25N instead....I've been checking the lists of people who are going in as 25 series and there arent many November's.

Congrats BTW!
Ahhh! Well, I finished MEPS this past Friday, and took the oath. I had to make it a two tripper because o' paperwork issues. Anyway- The deal the counselor found for me was better:

According to my RECRUITER, my options were, for 25N:

3y36weeks, w/ 2K bonus
or
4years, Zero cash, but +12K 'kicker' for the GI Bill (bringing benefits to about 60K.)

What my COUNSELOR found was a LITTLE different:

3 years, 36 weeks, +14K cash bonus, with a 5 year commitment to the Reserves. (If unable to complete the 5, then 8K must be paid back).

or

4 years, 0 weeks, 8K cash. That's it.

I took the 4.

I told the counselor about the discrepancies, and he said, 'Well, those deals were there before, your recruiter just didn't know how to find them.'

Oh well. I'm very relieved that part is over with. My paperwork was a total nightmare, and I almost missed the slot for 25N several times.

As far as the numbers of people Going In as 25N, it's probably because there aren't many slots because a lot of others are trying to reclass into it (at least that what it seems from other forums.)

Old 05-11-2009, 06:36 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizo View Post

Congrats BTW!
Oh.. What are these 'lists' you're looking at?

Old 05-11-2009, 06:37 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Whiskey View Post
I ship out September 1st as well. Where are you going for BCT?
Ft. Jackson. You?

Old 05-11-2009, 08:19 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Oh.. What are these 'lists' you're looking at?
If you go to futuresoldiertrainingcenter.com there are CyberSquad lists. It is a list of all the recruits, it says when they ship and what their MOS is. That way you can contact people who will be shipping with you to make buddies before you. Although, I haven't been able to yet.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:42 PM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Ft. Jackson. You?
Ft. Benning