armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Enlistment Information
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #31  
Old 12-14-2007, 10:03 PM
FutureCombatMedic FutureCombatMedic is offline
Staff Sergeant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
Anytime young bro.....Your just sixteen and your talking with men and breaking bread with soldiers.....Im proud of you kid...Our Army is in good hands with young bucks like myself coming up behind me...Awesome stuff...



Nightflyer. Highspeed.
Army Aviation. Air Assualt.
Black berets forever.



I guess you can never start too early.
Reply With Quote

  #32  
Old 12-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCombatMedic View Post
I guess you can never start too early.
Nope... your good to go at 16 in my books... lol.. sounds familiar...
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #33  
Old 12-15-2007, 10:10 PM
FutureCombatMedic FutureCombatMedic is offline
Staff Sergeant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Nope... your good to go at 16 in my books... lol.. sounds familiar...
I'd sign the contract today if it were possible.
Reply With Quote

  #34  
Old 12-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCombatMedic View Post
I'd sign the contract today if it were possible.
I know you would, but theres no rush, get squared away with your chest... I had a cough that wouldnt go away until the sputem and cough just annoyed me to a point that I was willing to spend on a doctor, I went to her and she treated it, now I cant believe the difference, my breathing is 25 times better.. awesome... I had a cronic synus infection... 1 week of antiboitics, and all better.. YIPPEE!!...

When you are squared away with your chest, start training, running, push ups, press ups, and reasearching the job you wanna do in the army, if you have Int Red Cross Medical schemes in your area, look em up.. get interested in the job of a medic, and may get some quals of your own prior to enlistement, is all good when it comes down to it...
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #35  
Old 12-16-2007, 05:06 PM
FutureCombatMedic FutureCombatMedic is offline
Staff Sergeant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
I know you would, but theres no rush, get squared away with your chest... I had a cough that wouldnt go away until the sputem and cough just annoyed me to a point that I was willing to spend on a doctor, I went to her and she treated it, now I cant believe the difference, my breathing is 25 times better.. awesome... I had a cronic synus infection... 1 week of antiboitics, and all better.. YIPPEE!!...

When you are squared away with your chest, start training, running, push ups, press ups, and reasearching the job you wanna do in the army, if you have Int Red Cross Medical schemes in your area, look em up.. get interested in the job of a medic, and may get some quals of your own prior to enlistement, is all good when it comes down to it...
I am currently in training, I weight lift and run everyday once school is out....beats doing homework. Thanks for the advice, I will defiantly look into the Red Cross programs.
Reply With Quote

  #36  
Old 12-20-2007, 01:45 PM
MSG Glenn's Avatar
MSG Glenn MSG Glenn is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCombatMedic View Post
I am currently in training, I weight lift and run everyday once school is out....beats doing homework. Thanks for the advice, I will defiantly look into the Red Cross programs.
Don't let your running go by the wayside. Also situps, pushups & pull ups & did I mention running? You've got less than a year if you join at 17. Time to get yourself in Army shape. If you do that now you'll be able to compete for some really neat hardcore contracts : Airborne Ranger, Airborne, Special Forces, Air Assault. Shoot for the works! Before you start a regimen of PUs & SUs make sure you're doing them correctly. Have a recruiter or someone in the Army show you the proper forms.
__________________
Proud Dad of a USArmy Ranger SFC - 3/75 Rangers
USNavy 1960-1966 Submarine Service, Navy Diver-UDT 21
USArmy 1980-2001 Airborne Infantry,G3, Army Instructor, Commo Instructor Company 1SG
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:42 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.