armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Support our Families
User Name
Password

Old 03-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndham C View Post
I have received six letters so far...They pretty much relay the same thing, there's some knuckleheads mucking about and consequently they've been smoked...Other than that, it appears things are well...I haven't had a phone call since she was in reception so, alas...Perhaps this Sunday?

Graduation is May 15th, I will know for sure tomorrow but I will be there.

I am in Allentown, PA.

No way...... I'm in Nazareth. What's your fiance's MOS and where will she do AIT? My son is 63B. He'll be doing AIT at Ft Jackson also. Whats her name? My son is PVT Cahill. Have you looked at the pics on the Ft Jackson website? There's a few females pics from week 1, maybe she's on there. I've only gotten 1 letter, but my son was never the letter writing type, but I've already sent him 3 letters, some pics, and just today sent out a package with some basic stuff..... chapsticks, vitamin c drops, cough drops, envelopes...... i'm just hoping he doesnt have to do a million push-ups for that. And i hope he gets to keep all of it.

Sorry if I'm rambling....but its great to find someone with a loved one in the same company.....let alone we're practically neighbors.....

Old 03-20-2009, 06:59 AM
Private First Class

She's a Medic, unsure of the MOS number itself...She will be heading off to AIT in Texas when all is done...I viewed the website but none of the photos have her in them, but I keep watching for one. They apparently have done their first 3K march in battle gear as well as started with throwing live hand grenades. They should be starting White Phase I believe next week. Graduation, according to her DS at the Armory, is May 28th...Which is NOT what they explained priour to going or even when she first got down there. But alas...

Old 03-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Corporal

Quote:
She's a Medic, unsure of the MOS number itself...She will be heading off to AIT in Texas when all is done...I viewed the website but none of the photos have her in them, but I keep watching for one. They apparently have done their first 3K march in battle gear as well as started with throwing live hand grenades. They should be starting White Phase I believe next week. Graduation, according to her DS at the Armory, is May 28th...Which is NOT what they explained priour to going or even when she first got down there. But alas...
Well, from another soldiers mom I've been talking to, whose son is in same company, his DS is saying May 15th. I don't think we'll know for sure until we receive the graduation packets. I've heard they send them out anywhere from 3 wks. after BCT starts to the week before graduation. Hopefully we get ours sooner.

Did your fiance go to Ft. Indiantown Gap before BCT? My son was there, and I went to his graduation from that. Since then I got a few text messages while they were on the bus down to Ft. Jackson, and one letter. I'm sure hoping for a phone call on Sunday.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Private First Class

She was at Ft. Indiantown Gap, I was there too for graduation. I am hoping the 15th but you are right, we won't know till we get those bloody packets. In the mean time, I am hoping as well for a phone call this weekend.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Private First Class

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrazy13 View Post
Well, from another soldiers mom I've been talking to, whose son is in same company, his DS is saying May 15th. I don't think we'll know for sure until we receive the graduation packets. I've heard they send them out anywhere from 3 wks. after BCT starts to the week before graduation. Hopefully we get ours sooner.

Did your fiance go to Ft. Indiantown Gap before BCT? My son was there, and I went to his graduation from that. Since then I got a few text messages while they were on the bus down to Ft. Jackson, and one letter. I'm sure hoping for a phone call on Sunday.
I got my husbands graduation packet in the mail today. the original letter i got a few weeks ago says that the graduation packet is mailed during the sixth week. im getting really excited now, it feels like its getting closer now that im starting to make plans to go. I called a number however to make a hotel reservation on post, but the woman told me that i can only make reservations 10 days in advance. So i guess I will make one for off post and 10 days before see if i can get one in on post instead. oh well, we'll see i guess, will the soldier be able to go to our hotel just wondering...

Old 03-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Private First Class

My husband is in the 1/13th D Co 3rd platoon.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslyn147 View Post
My husband is in the 1/13th D Co 3rd platoon.
Hi Joslyn

Since all the platoons do a lot of things together, maybe they know each other. Have you gotten letters/calls from him yet? I've only gotten one letter from my son so far. Hoping for a call tomorrow. Nice to meet you.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:09 AM
Recruit

Default Same page :p

Quote:
My fiancee is currently at Ft. Jackson in the 1-13th Inf Regt. This is the first time apart from her but I do suppose others are right that we get trained right along with them in the process...Anyone else have someone currently going through BCT that will graduate in May?
My hubby is also in 1/13 Inf Reg 4th PLT. He graduates May 15th. How are you doing?

Old 03-22-2009, 06:47 AM
Private First Class

It is difficult but about as best as can be expected =)...And you?...I am hoping graduation is the 15th...The original DS from the Armory said it would be the 28th after making a call the other day and that's just way too long (and doesn't make sense calendar wise). Also hoping for a call today, particularly since they had no personal time last weekend due to people not helping out with buffing the floors.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:39 AM
Corporal

We finally got a few from D-Co. 1/13......I'm going to start a new thread for us since this one is getting kinda long.