armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Old 06-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Command Sergeant Major

Angry They won't deploy me again!

I have tried, over the last several months myriad ways of getting deployed again. I have volunteered online and in person. I have made phone calls, sent emails, and begged for a hearing. I have harrassed my branch manager mercilessly.
All to no effect.
The Army doesn't want to give me a 3rd deployment. I have been told there are concerns about soldiers with PTSD, etc. etc. I have no issues with this, have not sought treatment, do not have a history, spotless record, etc....so WHY?!?
In a day and age when half the new recruits are overweight and over the age of 30, and a full 6% of them did not pass their ASVAB; why would the Army not allow a motivated soldier with experience to go earn his pay?
This is tearing me up...I am a medic, but I am not a pogue-medic!
Save the hospital jobs for the pregnant girls and the broke-asses!
Anyone know someone who knows someone who knows a congressman who can get me back to Iraq?
Hell, I'll even take Afghanistan!

Old 06-09-2007, 01:51 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasan_the_mad View Post
I have tried, over the last several months myriad ways of getting deployed again. I have volunteered online and in person. I have made phone calls, sent emails, and begged for a hearing. I have harrassed my branch manager mercilessly.
All to no effect.
The Army doesn't want to give me a 3rd deployment. I have been told there are concerns about soldiers with PTSD, etc. etc. I have no issues with this, have not sought treatment, do not have a history, spotless record, etc....so WHY?!?
In a day and age when half the new recruits are overweight and over the age of 30, and a full 6% of them did not pass their ASVAB; why would the Army not allow a motivated soldier with experience to go earn his pay?
This is tearing me up...I am a medic, but I am not a pogue-medic!
Save the hospital jobs for the pregnant girls and the broke-asses!
Anyone know someone who knows someone who knows a congressman who can get me back to Iraq?
Hell, I'll even take Afghanistan!

Dude, your motivation is impressive... And good medics are worth their weight on gold..

Do they are afraid you will get PTSD... sounds like the good aul flapping of the army chicken wings in the legal dept.... If you wanna go, GO... cant your unit IC not help? I dont understand how or why they could not make it happen.. I know a guy who was in my old unit (border rats), and deployed to Lebannon 5 times.. Somalia once and Balkins KFOR a couple of times too.. you should be allowed a 3rd trip if ya wanna...

Like I said, your motivation is impressive.. well done bud... and keep it up..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 06-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Thanks...they it is probably my SGT Maj. working against me here...I am at Ft. Jackson which is not a 'deploying' post. Its a mystery...even my wife is cool with me going again...strange indeed.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

A congressman isn't going to get you deployed, but calling one may top off that career you may be looking at.

As for the Army not giving 3d deployments, you are being fed bull****.

Your best option is to squeeze your way into an infantry unit. You could also try dropping a 4187 for Ranger School, that will keep you non-deployable until you finish or quit, but you'll be working towards a good qualification. Chances are, however, as soft as your command sounds, they will deny it.

If you really want to deploy often, you could always drop an SF packet. We're always looking for guys with time in to counter the 18Xers we're having to deal with.

Old 06-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Command Sergeant Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
A congressman isn't going to get you deployed, but calling one may top off that career you may be looking at.

As for the Army not giving 3d deployments, you are being fed bull****.

Your best option is to squeeze your way into an infantry unit. You could also try dropping a 4187 for Ranger School, that will keep you non-deployable until you finish or quit, but you'll be working towards a good qualification. Chances are, however, as soft as your command sounds, they will deny it.

If you really want to deploy often, you could always drop an SF packet. We're always looking for guys with time in to counter the 18Xers we're having to deal with.
I would not really call in a congressman...bad news right there...I am just frustrated.
I have had the CO of 2nd BDE, 3ID working (so to speak) on my behalf to try and snag me for my beloved 3-7 cav, but it didnt work.
I have considered SF, but between my wife and an honest assessment of my physical abilities (consistent 250 on APFT, never higher thatn that) I dont wish to waste anyone's time.
I KNOW they are deploying soldiers a third time, that is the basis for my frustration...
I think my next stop may be a 4187 for flight medic school. That means campbell, bliss, hood, or bragg...probably. Might be my best bet, and gives me a bit more for my app. to PA school.
I just hate watching the ***** on the news. Sitting at home is not why I joined.
Thanks for letting me vent.

Old 06-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer

Quote:
I would not really call in a congressman...bad news right there...I am just frustrated.
I have had the CO of 2nd BDE, 3ID working (so to speak) on my behalf to try and snag me for my beloved 3-7 cav, but it didnt work.
I have considered SF, but between my wife and an honest assessment of my physical abilities (consistent 250 on APFT, never higher thatn that) I dont wish to waste anyone's time.
I KNOW they are deploying soldiers a third time, that is the basis for my frustration...
I think my next stop may be a 4187 for flight medic school. That means campbell, bliss, hood, or bragg...probably. Might be my best bet, and gives me a bit more for my app. to PA school.
I just hate watching the ***** on the news. Sitting at home is not why I joined.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Good man, I hope everything works out for you. I'm sure it will. The Flight medic school. I think that sounds real good.....
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 06-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball
Default What?!

My brother-in-law is on his third... he leaves father's day... there is always a way to work the system! Find it and roll - Lord knows there are wives no where NEAR as supportive as yours... you're the type of guy that is an answer to their prayers! hahahahaha

Best of luck, and thanks for your motivation and dedication!

Fireball

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 06-11-2007, 07:03 AM
Command Sergeant Major

According to my branch manager, unless I can find a trade for Korea, that is where I am going...oh well. Thanks for the kind words!

Old 06-11-2007, 01:23 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
According to my branch manager, unless I can find a trade for Korea, that is where I am going...oh well. Thanks for the kind words!
Good Luck brother man... seems theres no easy options, but nothing worth getting is ever easy...

Exo..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 07-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Private First Class

Default Hasan: Hats off to you man

I was no pogue either and I was also deployed 2 times myself. That seems retarded that they wouldn't let someone with skills such as yourself go if you wanted to. A lot of people don't even want to go once much less 3 times. If I were you I would kick my chain of command in the crotch, because that is what they deserve. Hats off to you man !!! I hope you make it back over there and back home again safely.