armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Old 11-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Sergeant First Class

Smile Britain world power or still a super power

Is britian a world power or still a super power.

See i think its a world power now because the loss of are empire and wheather people like it or not we where once world dominant and the most powerful country ever.
but sadly not any more. unfortunatly we lost most of the empire after the war's but still remained powerful.

Nowadays we are seen not nearly as powerful but still powerful in many ways.
its America in my opinion thats the super power now but they won't start envading countries like we did (hopefully).

so i leave the rest up to you.

WHERE DOIN IT WHERE LIVING THE DREAM
(quote from Peter Kay British comedian.)

Old 11-30-2005, 03:41 PM
First Sergeant

A world player,yes,the age of the superpowers was a cold war thing,we've all shown that we are vunerable at some point.Theres no need for nations to stand bolt upright,puff out there chests like horny pea****s and say 'are we tough or what'.Dont forget that the current 'war' is against terror,lets not become the terror we set out to destroy.

Old 11-30-2005, 04:15 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Amen Bones, thats one thing we need to remember when taking out terrorists. there's adifference between terror and anti-terror.

Old 12-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Private First Class

Hi new member here!

Dont think that UK is a super power any more, only a small world player. Its armed forces reflects its status in world politics - a shadow of its former self IMO.

Old 12-18-2005, 03:34 PM
First Sergeant

not a super power any more ..... only super power nowdays is america i think

Old 01-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Sergeant First Class

yes the shawdow of a once great power so big it ruled the world but alas no longer

Old 01-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to royal marine

a shadow of its ormer self???
apart from the fact that the sepcial forces have increased and got MUCH better and the training is much harder, its only the navy which had got worse and we have much less money
anyway youre german right? why the hell are you critisising britain when we are all part of europe and as a whole we all kick arse

Old 02-03-2006, 05:00 PM
First Sergeant

Send a message via ICQ to europeanfigther Send a message via MSN to europeanfigther Send a message via Yahoo to europeanfigther

new world superpowers??? i think germany, china, britain potentially and the middle east if they sort themselves out, they can starve(mening oil) the whole west if they feel like it we depend almost fully on em as for america too full of herself youll have a sure place in future history but if u keep going at it youre going to meet ur match which i think takes the form of iran which up to now is the only country who hasent backed off when america has thretened it i say to americans you prolly will not fail the invasion but youll take longer than u think and more deaths than u think and ull prolly end up running away like u did from vietnam or somali or nuking em...

Old 02-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Corporal

Default Great Power

The US is the only Superpower left. China has the potential to acheive that status as well, but they have too many internal problems right now. Great Britain is still considered to be a world player--and I think the technical term is a "Great Power."