armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #21  
Old 09-18-2005, 12:03 PM
royal marine's Avatar
royal marine royal marine is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: high wycombe, buckingamshire
Posts: 1,000
Send a message via MSN to royal marine
Default

the spetsnaz just do anything to get the job done
they did a good job on killing the terrorists on the school siege but not a god job on cavilian casualties
but what did they care,they still got the job done
spetnaz are also specialised in hand-to-hand combat more than any other regiment in the world!
their goal is to basically do the job no matter what kinda **** they get into
they also specialise in primary assasinations of key enemy targets
they carry a reserve ration pack as they are taught to eat of the land aswell!
__________________
what manner of men are these maroon berets
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 09-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Texas's Avatar
Texas Texas is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,765
Default

Quote:
they did a good job on killing the terrorists on the school siege but not a god job on cavilian casualties
You just said it wasn't Spetsnaz involved in those two operations !
Do you now acknowledge it was ?
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #23  
Old 09-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Texas's Avatar
Texas Texas is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal marine
the spetsnaz just do anything to get the job done
they did a good job on killing the terrorists on the school siege but not a god job on cavilian casualties
but what did they care,they still got the job done
spetnaz are also specialised in hand-to-hand combat more than any other regiment in the world!
their goal is to basically do the job no matter what kinda **** they get into
they also specialise in primary assasinations of key enemy targets
they carry a reserve ration pack as they are taught to eat of the land aswell!
I don't doubt when it comes to plain butchery that they are the guys to call in . However , a terrorist situation requires a little more finesse .You actually need to distinguish between hostage and terrorist . If you don't ,what the hell is the point !
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #24  
Old 01-03-2006, 10:24 PM
natsume natsume is offline
Private
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal marine
texas that is your stupid opinion
chris ryan has fought alongside with the SAS and he said on a programe that they were highly reliable,professional special forces

and because of the policy the special forces in alliance must have extremely similar selection and training ,spetnaz,delta F, and SAS,SBS are part of this policy

so texas you should actually experience them personally before say something bad about them
Without SAS, Delta Force Colonel Beckwith won't even think making the Delta and GSG-9 as well that gave the Yank Pres an Idea
Reply With Quote

  #25  
Old 01-14-2006, 03:07 PM
T34_BKA T34_BKA is offline
Private
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 7
Default It is not fair comparison...

[QUOTE=Texas]They sound like they have more in common with the Elite Units of the Waffen SS than any organisation I'm aware of .


Sir,
you compare Spetznaz with SS...

People who do not know the history, has no future.
This comparison is not fair and really offensive.

Spetznaz guys are the best trained units of Russian military, they are doing great job - to protect OWN country from terrorism and criminals.
Their methods might be not very "diplomatic", BUT, the war against terrorism has no place for gentle manners.
...as for harsh standards of training: what will not kill you, will make you stronger.
Kind regards
Reply With Quote

  #26  
Old 01-15-2006, 06:18 AM
royal marine's Avatar
royal marine royal marine is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: high wycombe, buckingamshire
Posts: 1,000
Send a message via MSN to royal marine
Default

thatsexcatly what im saying
the war against terrorism is not all about being soft and keeping civilian casualties down because this gives the view to the terrorists that we are soft
__________________
what manner of men are these maroon berets
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old 01-15-2006, 08:09 AM
Texas's Avatar
Texas Texas is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,765
Default

Quote:
Sir,
you compare Spetznaz with SS...

People who do not know the history, has no future.
This comparison is not fair and really offensive.
I said"They sound like they have more in common with the Elite Units of the Waffen SS than any organisation I'm aware of "I was not making a direct comparison . But if you are going to tell me that certain actions carried out by Spetsnaz formations in Chechnya can not be compared with the SS ,I think you need to pick up a dictionary and look up the word attrocity

Quote:
Spetznaz guys are the best trained units of Russian military,
agreed!
Quote:
they are doing great job - to protect OWN country from terrorism and criminals.
Their methods might be not very "diplomatic", BUT, the war against terrorism has no place for gentle manners.
Yeh ,they did a great job at the theatre .How many did they gas ? and the school at Beslan, gee yeh great ....I think not .The word AMATEUR comes to mind
Quote:
...as for harsh standards of training: what will not kill you, will make you stronger.
Kind regards
Of course the training is harsh . Thats the idea
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #28  
Old 01-15-2006, 10:43 AM
T34_BKA T34_BKA is offline
Private
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 7
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal marine
thatsexcatly what im saying
the war against terrorism is not all about being soft and keeping civilian casualties down because this gives the view to the terrorists that we are soft
That is also exactly my point!
If you just "give your small finger" to terrorists they "bite up your whole hand".
Once people show them fear or doubts, they are getting stronger. Mr. Putin is hardliner. That is not always the best way of political discussions, BUT that the only one right way of dealing with terrorism. Well, that is my opinion.
Reply With Quote

  #29  
Old 01-15-2006, 10:57 AM
T34_BKA T34_BKA is offline
Private
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 7
Default Atrocity is a symptom of war

[QUOTE=Texas]I said"They sound like they have more in common with the Elite Units of the Waffen SS than any organisation I'm aware of "I was not making a direct comparison . But if you are going to tell me that certain actions carried out by Spetsnaz formations in Chechnya can not be compared with the SS ,I think you need to pick up a dictionary and look up the word attrocity


I do not need a dictionary to know what does word atrocity mean. After September 11 everybody in the world knows what does that mean...
(By the way, English is a foreign language for me, but the right spelling is with 1 "t".)

Atrocity is a symptom of war. That is sad, but that you can hardly avoid it.
You are repeating again and again, how many people have to die, becuase of Speznaz actions in Moskow theatre or some other places, BUT have you ever thought, how many human lives were "safed", thanks to that?
1 innocent person who have to die is already too much. However, we have not to forget how many people are retrieved!
Reply With Quote

  #30  
Old 01-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Texas's Avatar
Texas Texas is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,765
Default

Quote:
I do not need a dictionary to know what does word atrocity mean. After September 11 everybody in the world knows what does that mean...
(By the way, English is a foreign language for me, but the right spelling is with 1 "t".)
It s my 2nd language as well ,smart arse

Quote:
Atrocity is a symptom of war. That is sad, but that you can hardly avoid it.
You are repeating again and again, how many people have to die, becuase of Speznaz actions in Moskow theatre or some other places, BUT have you ever thought, how many human lives were "safed", thanks to that?
I'm merely saying that they not only calculated the gas /air ratio wrongly .They also had next to no emergency ambulances in situ in the event of a problem with the gas ! This incompetance led to people dying .

Quote:
1 innocent person who have to die is already too much
.Agreed
Quote:
However, we have not to forget how many people are retrieved!
Read above
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:00 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.