armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Old 01-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Private First Class

"bop one of the other main reasons the IRA went for peace is because of what happen on 9/11 alot of the IRA funds come from the U.S.A before 9/11 the americans heads were in the clouds when it came to terrorism(because they had never been really attacked before that)after that the U.S.A went headhunting and the money from the states to the IRA would have stoped(well it would have at some point)"

Zeus i cud not agree more alot of the IRA funding came from the states and especially after the robert mc cartney murder that money dried up. Also many catholics in the north had started to withdraw their support for the IRA. In the past the IRA had the unconditional support from the overall catholic and nationalist population but that changed and i for one am glad it did.

Its good to see a decent and honest comment by the way and i for one hope the IRA keep to their word (although i suppose they have no guns left now!) But for the sake of peace i hope its for good. Can i ask are u fom Liverpool? Am headn over to stay with few mates who live in smithdown and am wonderin were good clubs in the pool are?!

Old 01-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Second Lieutenant

scottish through and through mate (though i do have some irish blood as well)

yeah i hope they keep there word too we got enough problems with the muslim extemists
without the IRA starting up again though i hear they still give out punishment beating in belfast and other places aswell

ah liverpool i hear its a great nightout there you should enjoy yourself(and youll probably pool too with the the irish accent ) i havent been there for a nightout yet so i cant help you with the clubs(but its my mates that say its great)

Old 01-15-2006, 04:20 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus185
thats cool mate i bet your uncle had some storys from the war
He was the black sheep of the family ,and came from an area with strong Official IRA ties . He Didn't have a care in the world .Joined the British Army in 1940 . later volunteered for a new elite fighting unit "the para's" ,and married a German that he met during the initial occupation .Oh yeh and he ignored traffic lights on a regular basis . Mad as a hatter!
Quote:
erm i dont get the potato jokes
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_potato_famine[/url]

Old 01-15-2006, 06:14 AM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to royal marine

the gypsy parks in the surrounding fields of high wycombe are full of hard irishmen who are always in fights with the police
as for just having arm wrestles to see who the hardest man was you obviously are lying they took partin many events from mashing up a car till it could be pushed through a small barrier to fighting.

Old 01-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Second Lieutenant

"No, I'm not saying that you're a terrorist because you live in NI."
BULL read previous posts of yours before spike and ull find different!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, if you re-read them and try to apply that piss-ant brain of yours, you'll see that I imply that you're IRA scum because you live in NI (UK) and yet you keep bitching about the UK, the country you live in. You can support the IRA all you want. What really gets me is people who are scared to admit what they are (you).
What!! no im not british im Irish as my picture shows! have u any sense? U prob havnt realised but the situation in N Ireland is rather sensitive, i dont see N Ireland as British it is no offense to the British its just my views anyone who actually has studied and knows the history of my troubled land will know this, again its not an offense its just that im Irish and not british. And yes u edjit i know u can have 2 passports Irish and British but repeat im not british so why would i want to have a UK passport"?
Ha, you're asking if I have sense? Think about what you're saying: you were born in the UK, have lived in the UK all your life, support the irish republicans, are an irish citizen, who wants to remove NI from the UK, yet you already think NI isn't part of the UK, yet you also say you like the UK. And you claim I have no sense? Oh, and please don't call me an eedjit again. That amazing insult kills my confidence every time. Bop_2k on army.com thinks I'm an "eedjit" - gee, I'm so ashamed I'm never leaving my room again.
No i dont u twat and this is getting pathetic im from Belfast look up population growth rates the catholic population growth rate is rising at faster pace than unionist one and im sure there would be a unionist oppisition but that is why i believe in a democratic peaceful transition. By educating the protestant middle classes like what is happening a wedge is occuring with the lower more militant ones. Time will tell anyway and IMO that will produce a united Ireland, the only obstacles are economic ones which i have partly adressed.
Wasn't it you a couple of days ago who was slamming me for using petty insults? Notice how every almost every sentence you make to me begins with some crappy dig at me?
I did already know that the catholic rate is growing higher than the protestant because of contraception beliefs. As for your view of a peaceful and united ireland; that is crap. Ireland will never unite. Why can't you irish live in peace the way it is? I look at it as a double bonus: you can call yourself irish and british, because you are both. You're no less irish than any paddy from the republic just because you're a UK citizen.
Dont want to make a boy like u jealous just pointing a fact that if they wished they could have continued. They wernt defeated as u stated they chose to follow a different route towards their goal, which again u didnt regonise! And i dont think it will make u jealous because u obvioulsy just havnt got a clue what ur on about ur whole perception of the N Ireland situation is a joke and should know as i blumin live here!
Of course I know the IRA could've continued! However, you would never have won. If I was an IRA man I would have done the same as they did (go along the peaceful route) as it was obviously apparent, even to them, that they would never have won. That's why I have so much more respect for the IRA than the incompetent ****unts in al qaeda.
Hang on, you're saying that that if I knew more about the NI situation, I would be jealous of the IRA? Good point. We have the finest security services and spec forces in the world (largely thanks to the IRA). I have nothing to be jealous of.
Of COURSE IM PROUD THE uk HASNT GROWN AT THAT RATE FOR A LONG TIME
Because you're still recovering from the ****-hole your country used to be. Example, Russia's annual growth rate is 10%! 15 years ago they were in the middle of an economic collapse. If you think you'll overtake the UK you're very wrong. That rate will level off.
Well if you read it at school..........................................!! !???? Joke!
Eh, does that make it wrong? Are you just trying to find fault because you're jealous? I think so.
Again read up on history the plantations did not occur until the F*UCKIN 14th century up twat! the knigdom of dal riada was around 100 yaers earlier and yes of course there was people living along the english and welsh coast u are just making a laughing stock of yourself in my eyes now really what age are you. U display the intellengence of a 10 year ols and i am a 21 year old u r outta ur depth somebody please take over and salvage this useless pathetic atempt at an arguement put forward by an idiot!
Eh? That was the most boorish pile of shi te I have ever read on this site. What has the 14th century to do with anything? Here's a history lesson for you that you are badly in need of:
The ulster scots from northern ireland colonised and formed dal riada in the dark ages. There is also now quite a strong argument as to whether the dal riadans were actually from ireland - some believe they were natives who actually invaded and conquered northern ireland. The dal riadan Scots were conquered by the native Picts, but the Scots overwhelmed them culturally, and the nation of scotland was formed. The vikings cut the sea bond between scotland and northern ireland for good.
U display the intellengence of a 10 year ols and i am a 21 year old u r outta ur depth somebody please take over and salvage this useless pathetic atempt at an arguement put forward by an idiot!
Really? Are all 10 year olds dumb? If i'm so inferior, why do you have to boast that you're 21, as if it intimidates me? I am 19. Not 10, or 12.
No my arguement was that the troops UK were facing wernt on the whoile the argentine elite which again u dismissed.......!!!!!!!!!!!!1 proved again again again wrong u w*nker!!!!!!
Eh, no. You're inventing stuff in your head. I didn't dismiss anything. I said that your article never said that the units on the chilean border were the best, which is what you claimed they were, wrongly at that. In any case, their army was never going to be our main problem - it was their air force and navy.
Again UR COMPLETE LACK OF MILITARY KNOWLEDGE COMES INTO PLAY U EDJIT, syops HAD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH WAR AND U PROB NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE. phyops was a main reason argentina comitted troops to chilean border in the falklands but agin ur just a edjit who didnt think of that! its useless saying anything else as ur by now out of ur depth.
Oh my f ucking goodness you are a spastic. I said psyops had nothing to do with your crap point, not the war as a whole. I had heard of it, but not much. Now that you've enlightened me, I can beat you even better. phyops was a main reason argentina comitted troops to chilean border in the falklands but agin ur just a edjit who didnt think of that. AAHH, you f ucking dumbass!!! THINK!! I said argentina commited troops to the chilean border as a result of british psyops, not for the purpose of their own psyops. The Brits/Chileans tricked them into putting the troops there. Understand?
Why not quote my whole text.......? because u dont know the answer as u havnt gort a clue mate!! and u cant go 2 pubs because u r under age LOL!
No, I don't know the answer... and neither do you. Even if you did you probably wouldn't understand it anyway. "You're under 18". Wow, good comeback. Even if i was under 18 that wouldn't hurt.
He was the black sheep of the family ,and came from an area with strong Official IRA ties . He Didn't have a care in the world .Joined the British Army in 1940 . later volunteered for a new elite fighting unit "the para's" ,and married a German that he met during the initial occupation .Oh yeh and he ignored traffic lights on a regular basis . Mad as a hatter!
Thanks a lot, spike. I'll sleep better at night now that I know your uncle's life story.
the gypsy parks in the surrounding fields of high wycombe are full of hard irishmen who are always in fights with the police
as for just having arm wrestles to see who the hardest man was you obviously are lying they took partin many events from mashing up a car till it could be pushed through a small barrier to fighting.

If you knew what you were talking about you would know that most gyps aren't even irish. They consider themselves their own race, and they pretty much all have english accents.
You made that up didn't you - the hardmen fighting police bit? You're confusing what you saw in "Snatch" with reality i think. Nope, I'm not lying - I saw that programme. It was bull****, marine. You really think they went round every person in the UK and chose the hardest ones? Maybe a couple of arrogant twats who thought they were hard just applied? I did see them arm wrestling. As well as lifting weights etc. Not exactly a test of mental hardness, eh? The fighting you mentioned involved pushing each other off a platform. There were strictly no punches/kicks/headbutts etc allowed. Yeah! hardcore!

Old 01-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Thanks a lot, spike. I'll sleep better at night now that I know your uncle's life story.
Don't mention it . I can tell you about his brother that joined the American Army tommorrow if it helps you sleep In fact if stories help you sleep I'm sure I can serialise my families life story . Anyway sleep on it and let me know

Old 01-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Second Lieutenant

Your being small minded JS .
Anybody knows that the British Empire was at its peek when Ireland became part of the Union . A shame our politicians didn't act sooner and avoid the mess of the revolt . All the Irish wanted was an Irish Assembley .

Are you saying that britain was powerful just because Ireland was part of it?? HA. That doesn't even deserve a proper reply. If you want to know who was arguably behind most of the success of the British empire, give this book a read:

[url]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0609606352/qid=1137368453/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-0738681-8713230[/url]

Potato insults are a real low thing to bring up , I'm all for a wind up .But Making jokes about genocide are quite disgusting .

Yeah, those genocidal potatoes were (unts. *Hint: look up the word genocide*

Old 01-15-2006, 11:09 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_potato_famine[/url]

thanks spike he sounds like the kind of guy you want to have a drink with and a good laugh too

i never learned about the potato famine(either that or i dident listen when i was in school)
some bad ***** anyway

Old 01-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_mac
Your being small minded JS .
Anybody knows that the British Empire was at its peek when Ireland became part of the Union . A shame our politicians didn't act sooner and avoid the mess of the revolt . All the Irish wanted was an Irish Assembley .

Are you saying that britain was powerful just because Ireland was part of it?? HA. That doesn't even deserve a proper reply. If you want to know who was arguably behind most of the success of the British empire, give this book a read:

[url]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0609606352/qid=1137368453/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-0738681-8713230[/url]

Potato insults are a real low thing to bring up , I'm all for a wind up .But Making jokes about genocide are quite disgusting .

Yeah, those genocidal potatoes were (unts. *Hint: look up the word genocide*

ah so us scots were good for some things other than cannon fodder and shock troops during times of war .................really though ill need to give that book a look

Old 01-16-2006, 05:28 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_mac
No, I didn't say that . Scotland and Wales also made it what it became .The Scots, Apart from being excellent troops .From what I've read were great Administrators as well . You only have to look how many politicians in high places come from Scotland today . The Irish had their qualities also . They provided a huge amount of manpower in the industrial cities of the North and Midlands . I was surprised to learn Wellington was Irish !