armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Old 01-14-2006, 06:41 AM
Major General

My grandad worked on Bofors AA (anti aircraft) guns in the Merchant fleet during WW2 .One time I asked him how many planes he shot down . He laughed and said "no idea" . Then he explained that there was so much AA fire going up at the targets that nobody knew who hit what . From the list above of downed Argentine aircraft there seems to be the same sort of confusion . The main thing is they were taken out !
Also, aircraft recognition seems to be a major problem .More than one of the above planes were taken out by freindly fire .

In all, Britain sent over 100 ships and 27,000 personnel ( Army /Navy/ RAF)to take part in the war.

Argentine losses 655 killed, 1,100 wounded, 11,313 prisoners

British casualties 255 killed, 746 wounded

The casualties could have been alot higher .They are as low as they are due to the professionalism and determination of the British forces that took part .

Last edited by Texas; 01-14-2006 at 07:57 AM..

Old 01-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Private First Class

"You're the kind of IRA scum that really pisses me off - the kind who tries to mask their terrorist scummy, cowardly-self by trying to act mature and sensible, as if it means people will take your hateful ****-spraying on this forum seriously. If you hate the UK so much, admit it you ****ing coward! The only reason that I can possibly see for you not admitting this is because you are scared... scared that one of the smarter-than-you brits on here will tear you apart; scared of the consequences of people finding out what you really are - a wannabe-IRA piece of ****. Also, if you hate us, **** off to the republic; northern ireland will always be part of the UK. The IRA LOST.
I believe the 1st point. It's ridiculous and stupid not to. We beat a great military power in three months, 8000 miles from home terrority. The argies were dug-in, fortified and had infinitely more men, yet, not only did we beat them; we lost much less men than them. In my eyes, that constitutes an ***-whooping. Saying 1 UK soldier could kill 6 argentines is ridiculous. 100 UK soldiers could beat 600 argies in a fair fight, however (in my opinion). I don't know if we could invade switzerland successfully."

Ha that post is pathetic! No im not an IRA scum bag - i dont even support the IRA when they existed, theyve disbanded didnt you know that? I have not **** sprayed once all i asked was honest questions and from the answers i cud see who actually had a clue about military matters. And yes im sure some of the english here are smarter than me, i wish to partake in discussion with them and increase my knowledge that is the point of forums. But you im afraid are quite a few levels below me and obviously dont have a clue about military matters and topicsthat is why u feel the need to resort to personal insults just that crazycannuck in the other thread. And no i wont **** off to the republic as my family roots can be traced back to before the time off the u'oneail in ulster long before any unionist planters came from Scotland. Also you will find that eventually Ireland will be re-united its only a matter of time and population changes before this happens. That said i like the british, in particular, im discussing military topics. Now to prove you havnt got a clue what ur talking about.

1. no one can conclude that a UK soilder is better that six argentintian soilders. What type of UK soilder are we talking about? what argentinian soilders are we comparing them to? Exactly a comparision cannot be made and only an idiot could come to those silly type of conclusions. Sure the SAS are arguably the best SF soilders in the world IMO they are number one along with aussies. But that doesnt mean that one SAS is better than six Agentine special forces. What co we even know about the Argentine special forces, has anyone actually trained with them assessed them first hand, NO!

2. Argentina actually kept its best troops in the falklands away from the islands and stationed them along the mountainous border with chilie, were they were expecting an attack from one of UKs most staunchist allies at that time. The troops on malvinas were young conscripted soilders and even the UK soilders that fought them said they fough superbly.

3. And their is no way in hell that the UK could even dream about trying to conquer switzerland. Anyone that says they could is a prat who hasnt got a clue about UK military capabilities. The UK army doctrine isnt based for this kind of war. Switzerland doesnt have an army it is an army and any knowledgable person who knows his military stuff will tell you this.

Old 01-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Second Lieutenant

Ha that post is pathetic!
Mmm, witty... Almost as pathetic as your fantastic personality. You know what's more pathetic than me calling you a terrorist/IRA-scum/whatever? You saying this:
But you im afraid are quite a few levels below me and obviously dont have a clue about military matters and topics
and...
i wish to partake in discussion
LOL. Partake? Cool
No im not an IRA scum bag - i dont even support the IRA when they existed
Really? But...
Also you will find that eventually Ireland will be re-united its only a matter of time
Isn't that pretty much the motto of the IRA?
Again, look back to when I said this:
The only reason that I can possibly see for you not admitting this is because you are scared
You just proved me right. You are a UK citizen, and have used that status to your advantage, spending your whole time on here continually bitching about our country. Isn't that called treason?
Example:

Dont think that UK is a super power any more, only a small world player. Its armed forces reflects its status in world politics - a shadow of its former self IMO.

LOL ur whole post is a joke, nope im not linke that but im not blinded by nationalism like many. The UK army is 3rd best in EU and not even near top 7 in the world! Be realistic please!! And back up statements with reasons as to why that is the case Any British citizens knows this isn't true. I'll explain why if you want.
Dont get me wrong im not saying that the UK armed forces ant strong or that their army is weak or has been historically its just thats its not as great as many on the forum think. Simply put its far to small and is being cut again and again. In a war the UK army is so small that it cudnt take a high rate of attrition placed on it IMO which is another of its weaknesses
Before you get all excited and get ready to reply saying that those weren't really digs at our military, look here:
You're the kind of IRA scum that really pisses me off - the kind who tries to mask their terrorist, scummy, cowardly-self by trying to act mature and sensible, as if it means people will take your hateful ****-spraying on this forum seriously. If you hate the UK so much, admit it you ****ing coward!
I find it quite funny watching you trying to worm your way out of this, when you're sitting there with a republican flag in ur picture.
theyve disbanded didnt you know that?
<sigh>
Look here:
The IRA LOST.
Note the past tense.

But you im afraid are quite a few levels below me and obviously dont have a clue about military matters and topicsthat is why u feel the need to resort to personal insults just that crazycannuck in the other thread.

Really? How do you know that? I can guarantee you that you're not. I really am superior to you in every single way. Yeah, original: you are so intelligent that I have to slag you to get somewhere. I "resorted to personal insults" because I hate terrorist, IRA ****s like you, especially ones who don't have the balls to admit it.
And no i wont **** off to the republic as my family roots can be traced back to before the time off the u'oneail in ulster long before any unionist planters came from Scotland. Also you will find that eventually Ireland will be re-united its only a matter of time and population changes before this happens.
Wow, fascinating. You Irish would never leave your country, because you're so loyal and patriotic? Didn't you all f uck off over here because you ran out of potatoes? Wow, super-hard.
Now to prove you havnt got a clue what ur talking about.
<**** my pants in anticipation>
no one can conclude that a UK soilder is better that six argentintian soilders. What type of UK soilder are we talking about? what argentinian soilders are we comparing them to? Exactly a comparision cannot be made and only an idiot could come to those silly type of conclusions. Sure the SAS are arguably the best SF soilders in the world IMO they are number one along with aussies. But that doesnt mean that one SAS is better than six Agentine special forces. What co we even know about the Argentine special forces, has anyone actually trained with them assessed them first hand, NO!
Why do you do this? Look at what Texas posted about casualties. Keep in mind a lot of those were naval, not army casualties. Also, you must have seen those falklands documentaries, where it showed how the argies fortified themselves in the cave networks on top of all the hills. The falkands has been described as a "defender's dream". Imagine the first 15 minutes of saving private ryan: charging fortified machine gun positions though the open. I even saw video camera footage of the Scots Guards doing this - running up a hill yelling war cries, with bullets zipping past. We RAPED them. Denying it is ignorant and stupid.
Argentina actually kept its best troops in the falklands away from the islands and stationed them along the mountainous border with chilie, were they were expecting an attack from one of UKs most staunchist allies at that time. The troops on malvinas were young conscripted soilders and even the UK soilders that fought them said they fough superbly.
That makes sense - put your worst troops against the best opponent. Provide a source and I'll eat my words. Most were conscripts, yeah. However, that doesn't mean they weren't trained properly. The greatest military that ever existed (the Wehrmacht) was made of conscripts. Also, Argentine marines, who were described as "the cream of the argentine military" were there, and were beaten. Beaten badly at that - that Scots Guards video I told you about was an attack on marines.
even the UK soilders that fought them said they fough superbly.
Ha, that'll be right. Those same soldiers who never won a single battle even with the odds for them? The same soldiers who deserted even at the mention of the word "gurkha"?
The argentine pilots were good, granted. That is it. The argentine's performance was an embarrassment.
And their is no way in hell that the UK could even dream about trying to conquer switzerland. Anyone that says they could is a prat who hasnt got a clue about UK military capabilities. The UK army doctrine isnt based for this kind of war. Switzerland doesnt have an army it is an army and any knowledgable person who knows his military stuff will tell you this.
How do you know this? Our "doctrine isn't based for this kind of war"? Explain.

Old 01-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Private First Class

"I find it quite funny watching you trying to worm your way out of this, when you're sitting there with a republican flag in ur picture."
"You just proved me right. You are a UK citizen, and have used that status to your advantage, spending your whole time on here continually bitching about our country. Isn't that called treason?"

OK piece by piece. U r trying to make out that i am an IRA terrorist because i live in Northern Ireland, a provence of 1.8 million that around half consider themselves to be Irish. Now the flag in my signature is the Tricolour, the Irish flag. My mother is born in the republic and i currently carry an Irish passport not a UK one. Cant believe that now if ur Irish and proud of it and show ur national flag u r considered a terrorist!

"Also you will find that eventually Ireland will be re-united its only a matter of time
Isn't that pretty much the motto of the IRA?"

No that is just the belief of many in the catholic community not the IRA. The Ira wanted to do this by force. I dont believe in force i believe that this can be achieved peacefully via the ballot box. Catholic population growth rates are much higher and eventually will be the majority. Then the possibility of a united ireland may come, time will tell? There is a difference between a nationalist and a republician - look it up ur showing ur lack of knowledge on the subject.

"The IRA LOST"
Why do youy say that, peace is not a defeat. The IRA were stronger and more capable than theyve ever been at the time they stopped. Ask the Columbian army about the IRA training the FARC. Not that it was the best thing that has happened our economy is expanding now at around 4% each year.

"Wow, fascinating. You Irish would never leave your country, because you're so loyal and patriotic? Didn't you all f uck off over here because you ran out of potatoes? Wow, super-hard"

What age are you, 12? seriously most actually left to the US and why slag off starving people in a event that happened over 100 years ago. What about the time when the Irish plundered your coastlines around 400 AD and what about the time when Ireland controlled the entire west coast of scotland in the kingdom of dal riada, anyway the original arguement has gone to far off topic due to your insults. You can believe what you want but im yet to see you counter my reasons as to why the UK is in the top five armies on earth?

" Also, you must have seen those falklands documentaries, where it showed how the argies fortified themselves in the cave networks on top of all the hills. The falkands has been described as a "defender's dream". Imagine the first 15 minutes of saving private ryan: charging fortified machine gun positions though the open. I even saw video camera footage of the Scots Guards doing this - running up a hill yelling war cries, with bullets zipping past. We RAPED them. Denying it is ignorant and stupid"

were u get your analysis of argentine positions and troops from, i read book s to get mine and heres a diffferent analysis
"General Menendez, the commander of the Falkland garrison, demonstrated a poor grasp of the basics of the operational art. He deployed his poorly trained and poorly armed infantry units into an overextended and badly sited defense line. The British easily overran Menendez’s positions one by one. Indeed, miserable weather and logistics problems caused the British Army and Royal Marines far more trouble than did the Argentine Army. One has to question how General Galtieri ever thought that half-trained, lightly armed soldiers could hold their own in battle"
[url]http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/apj/apj02/fal02/corum.html[/url]

"hat makes sense - put your worst troops against the best opponent. Provide a source and I'll eat my words. Most were conscripts, yeah. However, that doesn't mean they weren't trained properly. The greatest military that ever existed (the Wehrmacht) was made of conscripts. Also, Argentine marines, who were described as "the cream of the argentine military" were there, and were beaten. Beaten badly at that - that Scots Guards video I told you about was an attack on marines."

Its called PHSYOPS u edjit, and yes the argentines did hold off many of their best units on the chilkieborder, source [url]http://www.psywar.org/falklands.php[/url]

"The British quietly gave Chile a number of electronic reconnaissance, fighter and bomber aircraft. In return, the Chilean Army created increased radio traffic along the border to hold the elite Argentine ground forces in place, and the Chilean Navy put to sea under radio silence, a fact sure to make the Argentine Navy very nervous. The British also considered using Chile as a base for commando operations into Argentina and actually planned an Operation Mikado where two C-130 Hercules aircraft would crash land at the Rio Grand Air Base and a SAS squadron would destroy the Super Entendards based there, all the Exocet missiles,"
Heres another source to prove you wrong [url]http://www.users.bigpond.com/archerw/military.htm#Historic[/url] Conflicts

"Most European powers voiced support for Great Britain, and European military advisers were withdrawn from Argentine bases; however, most Latin American governments sympathized with Argentina. A notable exception was Chile, which maintained a state of alert against its neighbour, owing to a dispute over islands in the Beagle Channel. The perceived threat from Chile prompted Argentina to keep most of its elite troops on the mainland, distant from the Falklands theatre. In addition,"

Ill talk about switzerland 2morrow am away to the pub, by the way the swiss army numbers 321000 men, every man in switzerland from age of 21 up undergoes a year training as a conscript, how uk gonna get their army their wots thier heavy lift capability....? not enough to defeat an army like switzerland!

Old 01-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to royal marine

the SAS got into many fights with the argentinian special forces and every time the SAS mullered them with no casualties because it was the argie special forces guarding the airfields which were the SAS's main objective apart from permanent OP's

and how are the IRA disbanded have you gone over there and talked to every one of them?
they are only saying they've given up so that we dpnt concentrate on them anymore while they go off getting bigger and stronger, the IRA will never give up until they have achieved what they want to achieve

as for the irish being soft (js mac said it) you obviously have not met one of them
theyre all bent on voilence (especially gypsies lol) and 3 irishmen took part in the ''britain's hardest man'' series while the others were 1 scotsman and 1 englishmen and 1 welshman

Old 01-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Second Lieutenant

as for the irish being soft (js mac said it) you obviously have not met one of them
theyre all bent on voilence (especially gypsies lol) and 3 irishmen took part in the ''britain's hardest man'' series while the others were 1 scotsman and 1 englishmen and 1 welshman

I'm guessing you're one of the descendents of the potato-men who came to the UK that I mentioned before. HAHA, i watched a bit of that programme - it was ****e. You're actually basing who's hard on that? Not only was it shown some ****ty channel like skymix, it was these random unemployed fannies like arm-wrestling each other and the winner was named "britain's hardest man". It was the most dumb show I've ever seen. Anyway, 70% of the SAS are scots. 'Nuff said.
Saying all irish are bent on violence is just as dumb as saying irish are hard because they were on that show. And, yes, I have met many Irish people.
What? Gypsies are hard and violent? You've watched Snatch too many times. There was a gypsy camp near me. Believe me, they are not scary. Think of fat, dirty, ugly people wearing leggings and baseball caps.

Old 01-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Brigadier General

The Irish are all right by me . ...Half my family are from the Republic . A great many of them fought in the British Army In WW2 My uncle from Cork fought at Arnhem in the paras ,married a German and ended his days in Basingstoke . Your being small minded JS .
Anybody knows that the British Empire was at its peek when Ireland became part of the Union . A shame our politicians didn't act sooner and avoid the mess of the revolt . All the Irish wanted was an Irish Assembley . Potato insults are a real low thing to bring up , I'm all for a wind up .But Making jokes about genocide are quite disgusting .

Old 01-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Second Lieutenant

OK piece by piece. U r trying to make out that i am an IRA terrorist because i live in Northern Ireland, a provence of 1.8 million that around half consider themselves to be Irish. Now the flag in my signature is the Tricolour, the Irish flag. My mother is born in the republic and i currently carry an Irish passport not a UK one. Cant believe that now if ur Irish and proud of it and show ur national flag u r considered a terrorist!
No, I'm not saying that you're a terrorist because you live in NI.
My mother is born in the republic and i currently carry an Irish passport not a UK one.
Eh? Won't that mean that you're not even British. If you were born in NI you would have a UK passport. You aren't even British, then? You must've been born in the republic. Either that or you're denouncing your nationality and refusing a UK passport. This means you're living in UK territory and refusing to be a British subject. I smell IRA. Anything else you're with-holding? Also, do you know you can be Irish and British?? Wow, didn't think of that did you?
No that is just the belief of many in the catholic community not the IRA. The Ira wanted to do this by force. I dont believe in force i believe that this can be achieved peacefully via the ballot box. Catholic population growth rates are much higher and eventually will be the majority. Then the possibility of a united ireland may come, time will tell? There is a difference between a nationalist and a republician - look it up ur showing ur lack of knowledge on the subject.
Not likely - you think the protestants/unionists will just die out and disappear? You're always going to be separated. Even if you did unify, you would get the IRA's opposite (protestant/pro-british).
There is a difference between a nationalist and a republician - look it up ur showing ur lack of knowledge on the subject.
Of course there is! Claiming you completely disagree with them is stupid, and if you think you will convince me otherwise you are wrong. You both have a common aim. It's like the centre-left media continually holding-off criticism for the far-left USSR and chums. If you have no idea what I'm on about, compare media coverage of the attrocities of the nazis and soviet union. Both were genocidal, sick regimes. None is worse than the other.
Why do youy say that, peace is not a defeat. The IRA were stronger and more capable than theyve ever been at the time they stopped. Ask the Columbian army about the IRA training the FARC. Not that it was the best thing that has happened our economy is expanding now at around 4% each year.
Ha, you just proved my above point wrong. Here you are whining on about how powerful and great the IRA was, and how it was never beaten. I would have a lot more respect for you if you admitted what you are, bop. I admit the IRA was formidible . Not formidible enough to beat the British though. Boasting that they trained the columbians isn't the best way to make me jealous, bop.
Not that it was the best thing that has happened our economy is expanding now at around 4% each year.
Huh? Did i miss something? Where did that input come from? Proud of that fact, eh?
What age are you, 12? seriously most actually left to the US and why slag off starving people in a event that happened over 100 years ago. What about the time when the Irish plundered your coastlines around 400 AD and what about the time when Ireland controlled the entire west coast of scotland in the kingdom of dal riada, anyway the original arguement has gone to far off topic due to your insults. You can believe what you want but im yet to see you counter my reasons as to why the UK is in the top five armies on earth?
Yeah, i'm 12.... You think you irish had it bad at that time? You have no idea what it was like in british cities at that time. I read in school that Manchester and Glasgow in the late 19th century are considered to be the worst places anyone could've lived throughout all time.
You plundered our coastlines in 400AD? Were there even any people in the UK to fight you then? No, ireland did not control the west coast of scotland. The scots from ulster (a different race to the Irish) controlled it. It is the descendents of those people that still live there. So, in effect, you're actually showing the scots in a better light than the irish with that point.
were u get your analysis of argentine positions and troops from, i read book s to get mine and heres a diffferent analysis
"General Menendez, the commander of the Falkland garrison, demonstrated a poor grasp of the basics of the operational art. He deployed his poorly trained and poorly armed infantry units into an overextended and badly sited defense line. The British easily overran Menendezís positions one by one. Indeed, miserable weather and logistics problems caused the British Army and Royal Marines far more trouble than did the Argentine Army. One has to question how General Galtieri ever thought that half-trained, lightly armed soldiers could hold their own in battle"
Eh... what's your point. You just destroyed your whole argument. Not remember how you were moaning on about how the british weren't much better than the argies? You just showed that we were. Were you attempting to prove the point from my post that you linked it to wrong? You just proved it right.
Its called PHSYOPS u edjit, and yes the argentines did hold off many of their best units on the chilkieborder, source [url]http://www.psywar.org/falklands.php[/url]
HA, you absolute moron. What the hell does psyops have to do with that? Psyops is propaganda, etc. Not very good propaganda, putting your ****test troops into the fight, is it?
Holding elite units at the chilean border had nothing to do with psyops - the psyops involved chilean radio jamming along the chile/argentina border, worrying the argies that chile was up to something, causing argentina to divert some of their attention from the UK to chile. Hence, PSYOPS - psy = psychological. F uck, you are dumb.
Also, that article says the units along the chilean border were elite, but doesn't say they are the best. You are twisting facts, bop.
Ill talk about switzerland 2morrow am away to the pub
Wow, cool... thanks for that. I wish I was as cool as you so I could go to pubs.

Old 01-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike
The Irish are all right by me . ...Half my family are from the Republic . A great many of them fought in the British Army In WW2 My uncle from Cork fought at Arnhem in the paras ,married a German and ended his days in Basingstoke . Your being small minded JS .
Anybody knows that the British Empire was at its peek when Ireland became part of the Union . A shame our politicians didn't act sooner and avoid the mess of the revolt . All the Irish wanted was an Irish Assembley . Potato insults are a real low thing to bring up , I'm all for a wind up .But Making jokes about genocide are quite disgusting .

thats cool mate i bet your uncle had some storys from the war

erm i dont get the potato jokes

bop one of the other main reasons the IRA went for peace is because of what happen on 9/11 alot of the IRA funds come from the U.S.A before 9/11 the americans heads were in the clouds when it came to terrorism(because they had never been really attacked before that)after that the U.S.A went headhunting and the money from the states to the IRA would have stoped(well it would have at some point)

Old 01-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Private First Class

Please Please could some english pleae support my arguements, my posts are far to long and winded and i cud not be bothered answering question such as that im a republician because i have an irish tricolour on my picture. Its very tedios and has nothing to do with military as this boy doesnt have mush knowledge about the subject. Cud activly serving members of the forces reply, even if u dont agree with me at least it adds a realistic perspective to discussion.

"No, I'm not saying that you're a terrorist because you live in NI."
BULL read previous posts of yours before spike and ull find different!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Eh? Won't that mean that you're not even British. If you were born in NI you would have a UK passport. You aren't even British, then? You must've been born in the republic. Either that or you're denouncing your nationality and refusing a UK passport. This means you're living in UK territory and refusing to be a British subject. I smell IRA. Anything else you're with-holding? Also, do you know you can be Irish and British?? Wow, didn't think of that did you?"

What!! no im not british im Irish as my picture shows! have u any sense? U prob havnt realised but the situation in N Ireland is rather sensitive, i dont see N Ireland as British it is no offense to the British its just my views anyone who actually has studied and knows the history of my troubled land will know this, again its not an offense its just that im Irish and not british. And yes u edjit i know u can have 2 passports Irish and British but repeat im not british so why would i want to have a UK passport"?

"Not likely - you think the protestants/unionists will just die out and disappear? You're always going to be separated. Even if you did unify, you would get the IRA's opposite (protestant/pro-british)."

No i dont u twat and this is getting pathetic im from Belfast look up population growth rates the catholic population growth rate is rising at faster pace than unionist one and im sure there would be a unionist oppisition but that is why i believe in a democratic peaceful transition. By educating the protestant middle classes like what is happening a wedge is occuring with the lower more militant ones. Time will tell anyway and IMO that will produce a united Ireland, the only obstacles are economic ones which i have partly adressed.

"Ha, you just proved my above point wrong. Here you are whining on about how powerful and great the IRA was, and how it was never beaten. I would have a lot more respect for you if you admitted what you are, bop. I admit the IRA was formidible . Not formidible enough to beat the British though. Boasting that they trained the columbians isn't the best way to make me jealous, bop."

Dont want to make a boy like u jealous just pointing a fact that if they wished they could have continued. They wernt defeated as u stated they chose to follow a different route towards their goal, which again u didnt regonise! And i dont think it will make u jealous because u obvioulsy just havnt got a clue what ur on about ur whole perception of the N Ireland situation is a joke and should know as i blumin live here!

"Huh? Did i miss something? Where did that input come from? Proud of that fact, eh?"

Of COURSE IM PROUD THE uk HASNT GROWN AT THAT RATE FOR A LONG TIME

"Yeah, i'm 12.... You think you irish had it bad at that time? You have no idea what it was like in british cities at that time. I read in school that Manchester and Glasgow in the late 19th century are considered to be the worst places anyone could've lived throughout all time."

Well if you read it at school..........................................!! !???? Joke!

"You plundered our coastlines in 400AD? Were there even any people in the UK to fight you then? No, ireland did not control the west coast of scotland. The scots from ulster (a different race to the Irish) controlled it. It is the descendents of those people that still live there. So, in effect, you're actually showing the scots in a better light than the irish with that point."

Again read up on history the plantations did not occur until the F*UCKIN 14th century up twat! the knigdom of dal riada was around 100 yaers earlier and yes of course there was people living along the english and welsh coast u are just making a laughing stock of yourself in my eyes now really what age are you. U display the intellengence of a 10 year ols and i am a 21 year old u r outta ur depth somebody please take over and salvage this useless pathetic atempt at an arguement put forward by an idiot!

"Eh... what's your point. You just destroyed your whole argument. Not remember how you were moaning on about how the british weren't much better than the argies? You just showed that we were. Were you attempting to prove the point from my post that you linked it to wrong? You just proved it right."
No my arguement was that the troops UK were facing wernt on the whoile the argentine elite which again u dismissed.......!!!!!!!!!!!!1 proved again again again wrong u w*nker!!!!!!

"HA, you absolute moron. What the hell does psyops have to do with that? Psyops is propaganda, etc. Not very good propaganda, putting your ****test troops into the fight, is it?
Holding elite units at the chilean border had nothing to do with psyops - the psyops involved chilean radio jamming along the chile/argentina border, worrying the argies that chile was up to something, causing argentina to divert some of their attention from the UK to chile. Hence, PSYOPS - psy = psychological. F uck, you are dumb."

Again UR COMPLETE LACK OF MILITARY KNOWLEDGE COMES INTO PLAY U EDJIT, syops HAD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH WAR AND U PROB NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE. phyops was a main reason argentina comitted troops to chilean border in the falklands but agin ur just a edjit who didnt think of that! its useless saying anything else as ur by now out of ur depth.

"Ill talk about switzerland 2morrow am away to the pub
Wow, cool... thanks for that. I wish I was as cool as you so I could go to pubs."

Why not quote my whole text.......? because u dont know the answer as u havnt gort a clue mate!! and u cant go 2 pubs because u r under age LOL!