armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Old 01-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Colonel

Default British getting fed up.........

Go here:[url]http://usacac.leavenworth.army.mil/CAC/milreview/English/NovDec05/index.asp[/url]

And click on this story:
'2 Changing the Army for Counterinsurgency Operations
Brigadier Nigel R.F. Aylwin-Foster, British Army
U.S. Army Transformation needs to focus less on warfighting and more on developing a genuinely adaptive workforce.
'

'Never was so much owed by so many to so few.'
Sir Winston Churchill.

Nearly 750,000 Iraqis have died since 2003 who might still be alive but for the US-led invasion. That is a cause for shame, not pride.

Old 01-13-2006, 01:57 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

I see nothing about the "British getting fed up" with anything. Your title is no better than the Guardian rag attempting to sensationalise a well written article by a highly respected individual.

Many of his points are spot on, and he spends more time complimenting US forces than he does on his constructive and productive criticisims.

The US military has been stuck in the conventional mindset for some time.

Last edited by Tacky; 01-13-2006 at 01:59 AM..

Old 01-14-2006, 04:12 AM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to royal marine

oh just shut up you ***got

Old 01-14-2006, 05:31 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal marine
oh just shut up you ***got
We aren't interested in your latent homosexuality, young man...save your projections for a different forum. Try to at least sound somewhat intelligent when you post.

Old 01-14-2006, 05:39 AM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky
I see nothing about the "British getting fed up" with anything. Your title is no better than the Guardian rag attempting to sensationalise a well written article by a highly respected individual.

Many of his points are spot on, and he spends more time complimenting US forces than he does on his constructive and productive criticisims.

The US military has been stuck in the conventional mindset for some time.
You draw all the correct conclusions.

The British top brass are the ones who are fed up. Do I have to spell out every f ucking post I make?

Sir Winston Churchill.

Nearly 750,000 Iraqis have died since 2003 who might still be alive but for the US-led invasion. That is a cause for shame, not pride.

Old 01-14-2006, 05:45 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurusch
You draw all the correct conclusions.

The British top brass are the ones who are fed up. Do I have to spell out every f ucking post I make?
When you decide to make things up, yes. I see nothing about anyone being fed up, nor in my inter workings with British top brass have I gotten that feeling. If nothing else, British forces have been professional and helpful in offering constructive criticism. Perhaps, were you to ruck up and join in, you too would have some real experiences to base your opinions on, rather than simply trying to stir the pot with your immature pettiness.

That said, you would make an outstanding tabloid reporter.

Old 01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky
When you decide to make things up, yes. I see nothing about anyone being fed up, nor in my inter workings with British top brass have I gotten that feeling. If nothing else, British forces have been professional and helpful in offering constructive criticism. Perhaps, were you to ruck up and join in, you too would have some real experiences to base your opinions on, rather than simply trying to stir the pot with your immature pettiness.

That said, you would make an outstanding tabloid reporter.
Well it seems I do indeed have to spell out every post for stupid Americans. So:

Richard Norton-Taylor and Jamie Wilson in Washington
Thursday January 12, 2006
The Guardian

A senior British officer has criticised the US army for its conduct in Iraq, accusing it of institutional racism, moral righteousness, misplaced optimism, and of being ill-suited to engage in counter-insurgency operations.

The blistering critique, by Brigadier Nigel Aylwin-Foster, who was the second most senior officer responsible for training Iraqi security forces, reflects criticism and frustration voiced by British commanders of American military tactics.

Sir Winston Churchill.

Old 01-14-2006, 07:05 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurusch
Well it seems I do indeed have to spell out every post for stupid Americans. So:

Richard Norton-Taylor and Jamie Wilson in Washington
Thursday January 12, 2006
The Guardian

A senior British officer has criticised the US army for its conduct in Iraq, accusing it of institutional racism, moral righteousness, misplaced optimism, and of being ill-suited to engage in counter-insurgency operations.

The blistering critique, by Brigadier Nigel Aylwin-Foster, who was the second most senior officer responsible for training Iraqi security forces, reflects criticism and frustration voiced by British commanders of American military tactics.
lol, you couldn't make a valid point if someone showed you the way with a flashlight, could you?

The Guardian article, as I have already mentioned, did nothing but take what the Brig said out of context. I have had the pleasure of meeting him, he is a fine individual and isn't as immature and petty and you would like to make him out to be.

He has excellent points, and he presented them in an excellent manner. Why you choose to insult a man a) from your own country b) with such an outstanding career and c) with a far higher level of intelligence than both you or I.. I will never know.

Either way, continue to bask in your ignorance, and men far better than you will continue to work out the tactical, strategical and operational details of the war.

Your yellow belly glows brightly, lad.

Now, I will leave you to make your arrogant retort so you can save your ego, make it good...because I'm going to let you get the last word this time.

Last edited by Tacky; 01-14-2006 at 07:09 AM..

Old 01-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Second Lieutenant

I'm not looking for an argument, tacky, if you were thinking so. Just wondering what you do in the US army. You must be pretty high-ranking if you've met up with our generals.

Old 01-14-2006, 08:05 AM
Colonel

I wonder why so many yanks are unable to grasp the meaning of simple posts? It's easy to put it down to stupidity but I begin to believe it's either merely cultural or possibly genetic. Either way, making a simple point that actually agrees with them zooms way over the ski-slope on their foreheads.

Sir Winston Churchill.