armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Old 01-10-2006, 05:56 PM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren06
The UK may have harder infantry training, however the US will always have soldiers with better skills
Can't really copmare them unless they fought against each other. As you know training is very good in modern countries.

Old 01-10-2006, 05:57 PM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllArgie
Fish and chips idiots . I agree with you Darren .The Inglaisi need to be put down with there ampire and kick them out La malvinas . They and oil are incredibly greedy and soon they will perish in Malvinas
Viva il duce !
Shut up u ****in nob sack. Who gives a **** about Malvinas and when are you gonna get the it back, NEVER!

Old 01-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenin
Shut up u ****in nob sack. Who gives a **** about Malvinas and when are you gonna get the it back, NEVER!
Who gives a **** about Vulgaria . You commie red Basterd . Nobody knows where Bulgaria is anyway . Terrible poco little village in Balkan ****hole area !

Old 01-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

To lockdown: i thought that only the 75th answered to USSOCOM. i thought all other outfits operated through Army Command? Just wondering i don't want to start an argument. as if we need another.

Old 01-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1
To lockdown: i thought that only the 75th answered to USSOCOM. i thought all other outfits operated through Army Command? Just wondering i don't want to start an argument. as if we need another.
Try and quote the guy you're talking to sniper . Its 1:46am here and I'm too drunk to look back LOL

Old 01-11-2006, 02:51 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllArgie
Fish and chips idiots . I agree with you Darren .The Inglaisi need to be put down with there ampire and kick them out La malvinas . They and oil are incredibly greedy and soon they will perish in Malvinas
Viva il duce !

ah the inbreed argie pipes up your just still angry about us humping your military up the arse back in 1982 darren just an fool who hasent studied history but YOU just cant get over the fact that we defeted you tsk tsk tsk

Old 01-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to royal marine

just remember 1982 royal marines,SBS,SAS and paras kicking your arse in a coupla months

Old 01-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Recruit

The best army are the Swiss.

Sorry to break the paradigm but it's true. For four hundred years they have been hard enough to persuade everyone else to leave them alone. Ok, Ok, Ok. I know there are some "fighting from the high ground" issues here but what is an army for? Power projection? A beautiful concept, but why bother? Why not just quietly sit back, mend clocks, do pharmaceuticals, launder dirty money, watch everyone else shoot the shoot out of each other and get rich?

Think about it. It's the Swiss.

As for everyone dissin' each other about a stubborn inability to accept that anyone else is better than they are ... fundamental quality of any good infrantryman. A stubborn, block stupid determination to see the task through, regardless of the cost in terms of fatigue, boredom, calories, sleep deprivation and finger tip erosion (a reference to typing, for my new infantrymen friends), indispensible in the infantry.

As for the US army are we really gonna go there? Are we reall gonna discuss the merits of the:
Men:
Delta Force c. 2000
75th Ranger Regiment c. 2000
Green Berets - lets say c. 2000
US Navy Seals c. 2000
US Airforce Commandos - let's say c. 1000
101st Airborne 4500
82 Airborne 14500
4th Infrantry Division (remember Utah Beach), lets say 14500
1st Infantry Division (remember Omaha beach) lets say 14500
Marine Corps - lets say only 30% are any good 52800

----------

Deliberately omitted from the above is the 10th Mountain Division beacuse although they are supposed to be elite light infantry, they "don't do mountains" anymore.

Even so, that gives the "Septics" as us ****neys call them (septic tank rhymes with 'yank') c. 110,000 elite or excellent troops.

As for the Brits. of whom I am one, do we really want to go into the details of the:

Men
SAS 400
SBS 100
16 Air Assault Brigade (includes the Parachute
Regiment and much underrated, low profile
3, 4, 9, Regiments Army Air Corp) 6500
3 Commando Brigade (includes Royal Marines) 3500
Brigade of Gurkhas 3500
Black Watch 700
Royal Highland Fusiliers 700
Royal Welsh 700
Green Jackets 700
Brigade of Guards 3500

------------

Ok, so lets argue about what units should or should not be included as elite/excellent but whatever, the numbers are gonna come out as about the same.

Now obviously one Brit can beat five or six Argentinians but one Brit against five Delta, Ranger, Seal, Big Red One, Ivy etc .... Even I can't go there. At the top end, us Brits are outnumbered 5 : 1.

And that's about the ratio's for the armys as a whole.

Unites States Army and Marine Corps 661,500
British Army and Royal Marines 108,780

Lets call it 6 : 1.

Lets do Main Battle Tanks.

The Septics are packing maybe 8,000 M1 and M1A1 Main Battle Tanks.

Us Brits can manage 386 Challenger 2's.

That means the Yankees outnumber us 20 : 1 in MBTs.

Incidentally, the Australians have ordered, maybe they've been delivered by now, 59 M1A1 Abrams MBT's, so that puts them into context.

Now there is a difference between who has the best army and who has the best troops but if we go with the schoolboy toy soldier argument that my army can kill your army and so my army is the best ... There is no doubt that the US army is the best.

The way I read the thread is "New Better Top 'Armies' " not "New Better Top 'Troops, Elite Squads/Latrine Cleaners' ". To address the thread on point we need to look at the armies as a whole and not argue about whether the SAS, Brit or Aussie, is better than Delta. This is a big picture thread, if maybe you wanna run with the original title.

The British, the Finns, the IDF, and the Australians, may be able to punch above their weight; oh and don't forget the Kiwis who are much better than the Aussies, but what's the point in punching above your weight if you're just gonna get hit with Uncle Sam's SledgeHammer

Someone else can deal with the Russians (who should never, never be taken lightly) and the Chinese and the Indians but it all leads me back to how I opened and to one further point.

How I opened:

The best army is the Swiss.

Further point:

To my new fake Argentine friend on the thread:

Any time you wanna kick it off over the malvinas just kick. We're not going anywhere and next time the Union Jack will probably end up flying over your pink house (we all know why your presidential "palace" is called the pink house) and all you lil' argie boys and girls will be much better off. When us Brits were running your country, until about 1948, the Argentine was one of the ten richest countries in the world. I hear that these days the best your children can aspire to is a rewarding career as a boot black.

Put it right argie. Have another go and we'll sort you out proper.

IA.

Old 01-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by indirect approach
The best army are the Swiss.

Sorry to break the paradigm but it's true. For four hundred years they have been hard enough to persuade everyone else to leave them alone. Ok, Ok, Ok. I know there are some "fighting from the high ground" issues here but what is an army for? Power projection? A beautiful concept, but why bother? Why not just quietly sit back, mend clocks, do pharmaceuticals, launder dirty money, watch everyone else shoot the shoot out of each other and get rich?

Think about it. It's the Swiss.

As for everyone dissin' each other about a stubborn inability to accept that anyone else is better than they are ... fundamental quality of any good infrantryman. A stubborn, block stupid determination to see the task through, regardless of the cost in terms of fatigue, boredom, calories, sleep deprivation and finger tip erosion (a reference to typing, for my new infantrymen friends), indispensible in the infantry.

As for the US army are we really gonna go there? Are we reall gonna discuss the merits of the:
Men:
Delta Force c. 2000
75th Ranger Regiment c. 2000
Green Berets - lets say c. 2000
US Navy Seals c. 2000
US Airforce Commandos - let's say c. 1000
101st Airborne 4500
82 Airborne 14500
4th Infrantry Division (remember Utah Beach), lets say 14500
1st Infantry Division (remember Omaha beach) lets say 14500
Marine Corps - lets say only 30% are any good 52800

----------

Deliberately omitted from the above is the 10th Mountain Division beacuse although they are supposed to be elite light infantry, they "don't do mountains" anymore.

Even so, that gives the "Septics" as us ****neys call them (septic tank rhymes with 'yank') c. 110,000 elite or excellent troops.

As for the Brits. of whom I am one, do we really want to go into the details of the:

Men
SAS 400
SBS 100
16 Air Assault Brigade (includes the Parachute
Regiment and much underrated, low profile
3, 4, 9, Regiments Army Air Corp) 6500
3 Commando Brigade (includes Royal Marines) 3500
Brigade of Gurkhas 3500
Black Watch 700
Royal Highland Fusiliers 700
Royal Welsh 700
Green Jackets 700
Brigade of Guards 3500

------------

Ok, so lets argue about what units should or should not be included as elite/excellent but whatever, the numbers are gonna come out as about the same.

Now obviously one Brit can beat five or six Argentinians but one Brit against five Delta, Ranger, Seal, Big Red One, Ivy etc .... Even I can't go there. At the top end, us Brits are outnumbered 5 : 1.

And that's about the ratio's for the armys as a whole.

Unites States Army and Marine Corps 661,500
British Army and Royal Marines 108,780

Lets call it 6 : 1.

Lets do Main Battle Tanks.

The Septics are packing maybe 8,000 M1 and M1A1 Main Battle Tanks.

Us Brits can manage 386 Challenger 2's.

That means the Yankees outnumber us 20 : 1 in MBTs.

Incidentally, the Australians have ordered, maybe they've been delivered by now, 59 M1A1 Abrams MBT's, so that puts them into context.

Now there is a difference between who has the best army and who has the best troops but if we go with the schoolboy toy soldier argument that my army can kill your army and so my army is the best ... There is no doubt that the US army is the best.

The way I read the thread is "New Better Top 'Armies' " not "New Better Top 'Troops, Elite Squads/Latrine Cleaners' ". To address the thread on point we need to look at the armies as a whole and not argue about whether the SAS, Brit or Aussie, is better than Delta. This is a big picture thread, if maybe you wanna run with the original title.

The British, the Finns, the IDF, and the Australians, may be able to punch above their weight; oh and don't forget the Kiwis who are much better than the Aussies, but what's the point in punching above your weight if you're just gonna get hit with Uncle Sam's SledgeHammer

Someone else can deal with the Russians (who should never, never be taken lightly) and the Chinese and the Indians but it all leads me back to how I opened and to one further point.

How I opened:

The best army is the Swiss.

Further point:

To my new fake Argentine friend on the thread:

Any time you wanna kick it off over the malvinas just kick. We're not going anywhere and next time the Union Jack will probably end up flying over your pink house (we all know why your presidential "palace" is called the pink house) and all you lil' argie boys and girls will be much better off. When us Brits were running your country, until about 1948, the Argentine was one of the ten richest countries in the world. I hear that these days the best your children can aspire to is a rewarding career as a boot black.

Put it right argie. Have another go and we'll sort you out proper.

IA.
To the German lover , Swiss would be nothing if they did not have banks . You are good at making long boring speeches . But not much more . Sono stanco mio amico ,bueno notti Kurusch

Old 01-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Recruit

The Argentine might be something if the Argentine banks didn't steal all the money that the poor boot blacks deposited with them.

Anyone know a good place for a shoe shine?

IA