armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #131  
Old 01-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Lenin's Avatar
Lenin Lenin is offline
First Sergeant
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bulgaria the Great
Posts: 247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren06
The UK may have harder infantry training, however the US will always have soldiers with better skills
Can't really copmare them unless they fought against each other. As you know training is very good in modern countries.
__________________
Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
Reply With Quote

  #132  
Old 01-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Lenin's Avatar
Lenin Lenin is offline
First Sergeant
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bulgaria the Great
Posts: 247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllArgie
Fish and chips idiots . I agree with you Darren .The Inglaisi need to be put down with there ampire and kick them out La malvinas . They and oil are incredibly greedy and soon they will perish in Malvinas
Viva il duce !
Shut up u ****in nob sack. Who gives a **** about Malvinas and when are you gonna get the it back, NEVER!
__________________
Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
Reply With Quote

  #133  
Old 01-10-2006, 06:25 PM
AllArgie's Avatar
AllArgie AllArgie is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Malvinas
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenin
Shut up u ****in nob sack. Who gives a **** about Malvinas and when are you gonna get the it back, NEVER!
Who gives a **** about Vulgaria . You commie red Basterd . Nobody knows where Bulgaria is anyway . Terrible poco little village in Balkan ****hole area !
Reply With Quote

  #134  
Old 01-10-2006, 06:40 PM
SniperAlpha1's Avatar
SniperAlpha1 SniperAlpha1 is offline
Colonel
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,776
Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1
Default

To lockdown: i thought that only the 75th answered to USSOCOM. i thought all other outfits operated through Army Command? Just wondering i don't want to start an argument. as if we need another.
__________________
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
Reply With Quote

  #135  
Old 01-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Texas's Avatar
Texas Texas is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1
To lockdown: i thought that only the 75th answered to USSOCOM. i thought all other outfits operated through Army Command? Just wondering i don't want to start an argument. as if we need another.
Try and quote the guy you're talking to sniper . Its 1:46am here and I'm too drunk to look back LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #136  
Old 01-11-2006, 02:51 AM
Zeus185's Avatar
Zeus185 Zeus185 is offline
Second Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllArgie
Fish and chips idiots . I agree with you Darren .The Inglaisi need to be put down with there ampire and kick them out La malvinas . They and oil are incredibly greedy and soon they will perish in Malvinas
Viva il duce !


ah the inbreed argie pipes up your just still angry about us humping your military up the arse back in 1982 darren just an fool who hasent studied history but YOU just cant get over the fact that we defeted you tsk tsk tsk
__________________
In times of peril the only chance in life
is giveing up all hope in it. Mei-Yao-Chien
Reply With Quote

  #137  
Old 01-11-2006, 02:34 PM
royal marine's Avatar
royal marine royal marine is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: high wycombe, buckingamshire
Posts: 1,000
Send a message via MSN to royal marine
Default

just remember 1982 royal marines,SBS,SAS and paras kicking your arse in a coupla months
__________________
what manner of men are these maroon berets
Reply With Quote

  #138  
Old 01-11-2006, 03:30 PM
indirect approach indirect approach is offline
Recruit
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3
Default

The best army are the Swiss.

Sorry to break the paradigm but it's true. For four hundred years they have been hard enough to persuade everyone else to leave them alone. Ok, Ok, Ok. I know there are some "fighting from the high ground" issues here but what is an army for? Power projection? A beautiful concept, but why bother? Why not just quietly sit back, mend clocks, do pharmaceuticals, launder dirty money, watch everyone else shoot the shoot out of each other and get rich?

Think about it. It's the Swiss.

As for everyone dissin' each other about a stubborn inability to accept that anyone else is better than they are ... fundamental quality of any good infrantryman. A stubborn, block stupid determination to see the task through, regardless of the cost in terms of fatigue, boredom, calories, sleep deprivation and finger tip erosion (a reference to typing, for my new infantrymen friends), indispensible in the infantry.

As for the US army are we really gonna go there? Are we reall gonna discuss the merits of the:
Men:
Delta Force c. 2000
75th Ranger Regiment c. 2000
Green Berets - lets say c. 2000
US Navy Seals c. 2000
US Airforce Commandos - let's say c. 1000
101st Airborne 4500
82 Airborne 14500
4th Infrantry Division (remember Utah Beach), lets say 14500
1st Infantry Division (remember Omaha beach) lets say 14500
Marine Corps - lets say only 30% are any good 52800

----------
109,800

Deliberately omitted from the above is the 10th Mountain Division beacuse although they are supposed to be elite light infantry, they "don't do mountains" anymore.

Even so, that gives the "Septics" as us ****neys call them (septic tank rhymes with 'yank') c. 110,000 elite or excellent troops.

As for the Brits. of whom I am one, do we really want to go into the details of the:


Men
SAS 400
SBS 100
16 Air Assault Brigade (includes the Parachute
Regiment and much underrated, low profile
3, 4, 9, Regiments Army Air Corp) 6500
3 Commando Brigade (includes Royal Marines) 3500
Brigade of Gurkhas 3500
Black Watch 700
Royal Highland Fusiliers 700
Royal Welsh 700
Green Jackets 700
Brigade of Guards 3500

------------

20,300

Ok, so lets argue about what units should or should not be included as elite/excellent but whatever, the numbers are gonna come out as about the same.

Now obviously one Brit can beat five or six Argentinians but one Brit against five Delta, Ranger, Seal, Big Red One, Ivy etc .... Even I can't go there. At the top end, us Brits are outnumbered 5 : 1.

And that's about the ratio's for the armys as a whole.

Unites States Army and Marine Corps 661,500
British Army and Royal Marines 108,780

Lets call it 6 : 1.

Lets do Main Battle Tanks.

The Septics are packing maybe 8,000 M1 and M1A1 Main Battle Tanks.

Us Brits can manage 386 Challenger 2's.

That means the Yankees outnumber us 20 : 1 in MBTs.

Incidentally, the Australians have ordered, maybe they've been delivered by now, 59 M1A1 Abrams MBT's, so that puts them into context.

Now there is a difference between who has the best army and who has the best troops but if we go with the schoolboy toy soldier argument that my army can kill your army and so my army is the best ... There is no doubt that the US army is the best.

The way I read the thread is "New Better Top 'Armies' " not "New Better Top 'Troops, Elite Squads/Latrine Cleaners' ". To address the thread on point we need to look at the armies as a whole and not argue about whether the SAS, Brit or Aussie, is better than Delta. This is a big picture thread, if maybe you wanna run with the original title.

The British, the Finns, the IDF, and the Australians, may be able to punch above their weight; oh and don't forget the Kiwis who are much better than the Aussies, but what's the point in punching above your weight if you're just gonna get hit with Uncle Sam's SledgeHammer

Someone else can deal with the Russians (who should never, never be taken lightly) and the Chinese and the Indians but it all leads me back to how I opened and to one further point.

How I opened:

The best army is the Swiss.

Further point:

To my new fake Argentine friend on the thread:

Any time you wanna kick it off over the malvinas just kick. We're not going anywhere and next time the Union Jack will probably end up flying over your pink house (we all know why your presidential "palace" is called the pink house) and all you lil' argie boys and girls will be much better off. When us Brits were running your country, until about 1948, the Argentine was one of the ten richest countries in the world. I hear that these days the best your children can aspire to is a rewarding career as a boot black.

Put it right argie. Have another go and we'll sort you out proper.

IA.
Reply With Quote

  #139  
Old 01-11-2006, 03:57 PM
AllArgie's Avatar
AllArgie AllArgie is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Malvinas
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indirect approach
The best army are the Swiss.

Sorry to break the paradigm but it's true. For four hundred years they have been hard enough to persuade everyone else to leave them alone. Ok, Ok, Ok. I know there are some "fighting from the high ground" issues here but what is an army for? Power projection? A beautiful concept, but why bother? Why not just quietly sit back, mend clocks, do pharmaceuticals, launder dirty money, watch everyone else shoot the shoot out of each other and get rich?

Think about it. It's the Swiss.

As for everyone dissin' each other about a stubborn inability to accept that anyone else is better than they are ... fundamental quality of any good infrantryman. A stubborn, block stupid determination to see the task through, regardless of the cost in terms of fatigue, boredom, calories, sleep deprivation and finger tip erosion (a reference to typing, for my new infantrymen friends), indispensible in the infantry.

As for the US army are we really gonna go there? Are we reall gonna discuss the merits of the:
Men:
Delta Force c. 2000
75th Ranger Regiment c. 2000
Green Berets - lets say c. 2000
US Navy Seals c. 2000
US Airforce Commandos - let's say c. 1000
101st Airborne 4500
82 Airborne 14500
4th Infrantry Division (remember Utah Beach), lets say 14500
1st Infantry Division (remember Omaha beach) lets say 14500
Marine Corps - lets say only 30% are any good 52800

----------
109,800

Deliberately omitted from the above is the 10th Mountain Division beacuse although they are supposed to be elite light infantry, they "don't do mountains" anymore.

Even so, that gives the "Septics" as us ****neys call them (septic tank rhymes with 'yank') c. 110,000 elite or excellent troops.

As for the Brits. of whom I am one, do we really want to go into the details of the:


Men
SAS 400
SBS 100
16 Air Assault Brigade (includes the Parachute
Regiment and much underrated, low profile
3, 4, 9, Regiments Army Air Corp) 6500
3 Commando Brigade (includes Royal Marines) 3500
Brigade of Gurkhas 3500
Black Watch 700
Royal Highland Fusiliers 700
Royal Welsh 700
Green Jackets 700
Brigade of Guards 3500

------------

20,300

Ok, so lets argue about what units should or should not be included as elite/excellent but whatever, the numbers are gonna come out as about the same.

Now obviously one Brit can beat five or six Argentinians but one Brit against five Delta, Ranger, Seal, Big Red One, Ivy etc .... Even I can't go there. At the top end, us Brits are outnumbered 5 : 1.

And that's about the ratio's for the armys as a whole.

Unites States Army and Marine Corps 661,500
British Army and Royal Marines 108,780

Lets call it 6 : 1.

Lets do Main Battle Tanks.

The Septics are packing maybe 8,000 M1 and M1A1 Main Battle Tanks.

Us Brits can manage 386 Challenger 2's.

That means the Yankees outnumber us 20 : 1 in MBTs.

Incidentally, the Australians have ordered, maybe they've been delivered by now, 59 M1A1 Abrams MBT's, so that puts them into context.

Now there is a difference between who has the best army and who has the best troops but if we go with the schoolboy toy soldier argument that my army can kill your army and so my army is the best ... There is no doubt that the US army is the best.

The way I read the thread is "New Better Top 'Armies' " not "New Better Top 'Troops, Elite Squads/Latrine Cleaners' ". To address the thread on point we need to look at the armies as a whole and not argue about whether the SAS, Brit or Aussie, is better than Delta. This is a big picture thread, if maybe you wanna run with the original title.

The British, the Finns, the IDF, and the Australians, may be able to punch above their weight; oh and don't forget the Kiwis who are much better than the Aussies, but what's the point in punching above your weight if you're just gonna get hit with Uncle Sam's SledgeHammer

Someone else can deal with the Russians (who should never, never be taken lightly) and the Chinese and the Indians but it all leads me back to how I opened and to one further point.

How I opened:

The best army is the Swiss.

Further point:

To my new fake Argentine friend on the thread:

Any time you wanna kick it off over the malvinas just kick. We're not going anywhere and next time the Union Jack will probably end up flying over your pink house (we all know why your presidential "palace" is called the pink house) and all you lil' argie boys and girls will be much better off. When us Brits were running your country, until about 1948, the Argentine was one of the ten richest countries in the world. I hear that these days the best your children can aspire to is a rewarding career as a boot black.

Put it right argie. Have another go and we'll sort you out proper.

IA.
To the German lover , Swiss would be nothing if they did not have banks . You are good at making long boring speeches . But not much more . Sono stanco mio amico ,bueno notti Kurusch
Reply With Quote

  #140  
Old 01-11-2006, 04:10 PM
indirect approach indirect approach is offline
Recruit
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3
Default

The Argentine might be something if the Argentine banks didn't steal all the money that the poor boot blacks deposited with them.

Anyone know a good place for a shoe shine?

IA
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:11 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.