armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #121  
Old 01-09-2006, 11:00 PM
kurusch's Avatar
kurusch kurusch is offline
Colonel
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown89
thanks it good to be here!
I'll quote you there in a coupla months time.
__________________

'Never was so much owed by so many to so few.'
Sir Winston Churchill.

Nearly 750,000 Iraqis have died since 2003 who might still be alive but for the US-led invasion. That is a cause for shame, not pride.
Reply With Quote

  #122  
Old 01-10-2006, 01:35 PM
TopGun TopGun is offline
Corporal
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown89
1. As far as Britian's Military History goes. "The sun never set on the British Empire."
This was said about the Habsburg's empire, not the British Empire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown89
These guys owned over 2/3 of the known world at one point.
Anyway you cant base a military power based on its past.
At the heyday of their empire, they owned 1/4 of the world, not 2/3 of the world.
Reply With Quote

  #123  
Old 01-10-2006, 02:02 PM
royal marine's Avatar
royal marine royal marine is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: high wycombe, buckingamshire
Posts: 1,000
Send a message via MSN to royal marine
Default

that famous saying was made by one of the commanders of the british empire ABOUT the british empire
look it up for **** sake you idiot you're full of bull****, i thought germans were cool
__________________
what manner of men are these maroon berets
Reply With Quote

  #124  
Old 01-10-2006, 02:21 PM
darren06 darren06 is offline
Private
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13
Default

Royal Marine, it seems you believe alot of bull****. I view the UK as wanting to get in on the goods the US gets. The UK has become the little brother that tags along with the US. In WW1 AND WW2 we saves your country both times. In WW2 you were the only European allied country that hadn't fallen and were running out of weapons and support. The UK may have harder infantry training, however the US will always have soldiers with better skills. Afterall it isn't strength that makes a man powerful, its his intellect. Also why do you even go against this discussion, as countries that are like brothers there shouldn't even be a debate. We are pretty much on the same level we just have more power and technology.
Reply With Quote

  #125  
Old 01-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Its very nice thank U
Posts: 2,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren06
I view the UK as wanting to get in on the goods the US gets.The UK has become the little brother that tags along with the US
Companies like Shell and BP you mean .I think you will find there is nothing little brotherish about them ?

Quote:
In WW1 AND WW2 we saves your country both times.
No you didn't . Pick a book up . You'll be surprised !You were hardly in WW1 .As for WW2 The British government spent $30 Billion on lend lease 41-45 .Any idea how much that is now with inflation ?

Quote:
In WW2 you were the only European allied country that hadn't fallen and were running out of weapons and support.
Running out ? lol Quite the opposite actually .British munitions output was increasing monthly .Our purchases from America helped greatly though
Quote:
The UK may have harder infantry training, however the US will always have soldiers with better skills
That doesn't add up .
Quote:
Afterall it isn't strength that makes a man powerful, its his intellect
Well that rules you out !
Quote:
Also why do you even go against this discussion, as countries that are like brothers there shouldn't even be a debate. We are pretty much on the same level we just have more power and technology
Make your mind up .You've just contradicted yourself !
__________________
The peasant bourgeoisie and their self righteous inclinations are the wests cancer!

Last edited by Spike; 01-10-2006 at 03:01 PM..
Reply With Quote

  #126  
Old 01-10-2006, 02:53 PM
royal marine's Avatar
royal marine royal marine is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: high wycombe, buckingamshire
Posts: 1,000
Send a message via MSN to royal marine
Default

the little brother that tags along with the US-
yes because of 1 stupid dick called tony blaire

we saved your country both times in WW1 and WW2-
in WW1 we were certainly kicking the germans arse a few months before you even decided to help us, how can you say you saved us when your troops only just got shipped over in 1918 and only contributed on the last offensive of the western front if you were not there then we would of spread our forces out and even called for another country of our empire to help out with more quantity! dumbarse! too much fox news. As for WW2 say that to bloody texas or kurusch and they will prve you wrong

the british will have harder training but the US will have better skilled soldiers-
what the **** are you on about! thats like saying an ornage tastes nicer but it is not nicer LOL if we have much more advanced/difficult training
then how are your soldiers better, i think YOU have been watching WAY too much fox news
skilled??? does friendly fire ring a bell?

we just have better power and technology-
basically more nukes more nukes

on the whole you are just a stupid american which ive seen too much of
myabe i am different and more leary to the brits in here but im only 1, whereas the americans on this forum have about 50 of me here!
__________________
what manner of men are these maroon berets
Reply With Quote

  #127  
Old 01-10-2006, 02:56 PM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Its very nice thank U
Posts: 2,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGun
This was said about the Habsburg's empire, not the British Empire.

At the heyday of their empire, they owned 1/4 of the world, not 2/3 of the world.
Your having a laugh Top gun lol It was actually a 1/6 of the planet and 1/4 of the worlds population .The sun never set because they had territories in every corner of the globe !
__________________
The peasant bourgeoisie and their self righteous inclinations are the wests cancer!

Last edited by Spike; 01-10-2006 at 02:58 PM..
Reply With Quote

  #128  
Old 01-10-2006, 03:32 PM
indirect approach indirect approach is offline
Recruit
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3
Default Definitions

How about we clarify some definitions here. Like army, which is easy. Like best, which is slightly more taxing.
Reply With Quote

  #129  
Old 01-10-2006, 03:46 PM
js_mac's Avatar
js_mac js_mac is offline
Second Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 694
Default

the US will always have soldiers with better skills. Afterall it isn't strength that makes a man powerful, its his intellect.

A while back, someone on here (i think it was kurusch) said that americans seem to consider themselves more "evolved" than other people. I ignored it - it made sense but it sounded ridiculous. No american, not even the fattest, dumbest inbred redneck (you) could think such a stupid thing. I was wrong.
Why do you think this? Is it because of the endless stream of hollywood films portraying americans as superior to other nations? Is it because americans are only taught american history in school, or the american view of world history? I mean, only 1 in 5 (if i remember right - it's in one of michael moore's books) americans can point out the UK on a world map. And only 1 in 20 americans have ever owned a passport. Yet, for some reason you seem to know us well enough to consider yourselves better than us. Do you americans not have the mental capacity to assimilate this information I just listed? Do you not ever stop to wonder why other nations call you arrogant; or do you just dismiss it as jealousy? Do you never look at the media you're exposed to and wonder why america never seems to do anything wrong? No, is the simple answer to all of those questions.
Everyone on this site has seen americans come on here and say such ridiculous things as "america won the vietnam war", "america won world war 2" etc. Truth be told, americans have a completely misplaced and over-the-top view of their country's ability, largely because of the crap that Hollywood is continuously spewing out. It wasn't until I was well into 2ndary school that I actually realised america lost vietnam. And I'm British!
The reason why I say this faith in your country is misplaced is because you've done nothing but prove yourself to be woefully inadequate, as a nation, when you most need to be the opposite. You were out-fought by the british in the revolutionary war, by the germans in both world wars, by the japanese in the pacific, by the vietnamese in vietnam, etc, etc. Even on your home soil, you only need to look at your response to hurricane katrina to understand how downright ridiculous your views are. Indeed, the only way you can keep your ego the size it is is to invade small countries, then preach about your military superiority through the media. Even your loss in vietnam was turned into a victory by the media. You only have to look at the present political situation to see this - america is threatening to invade iran, yet chooses to ignore the far more dangerous north korea. The US is a bully who picks on those it knows can't fight back.
If you were to ever dare attack the UK or any other great power, you would be in for a shock!
Reply With Quote

  #130  
Old 01-10-2006, 04:10 PM
AllArgie's Avatar
AllArgie AllArgie is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Malvinas
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren06
Royal Marine, it seems you believe alot of bull****. I view the UK as wanting to get in on the goods the US gets. The UK has become the little brother that tags along with the US. In WW1 AND WW2 we saves your country both times. In WW2 you were the only European allied country that hadn't fallen and were running out of weapons and support. The UK may have harder infantry training, however the US will always have soldiers with better skills. Afterall it isn't strength that makes a man powerful, its his intellect. Also why do you even go against this discussion, as countries that are like brothers there shouldn't even be a debate. We are pretty much on the same level we just have more power and technology.
Fish and chips idiots . I agree with you Darren .The Inglaisi need to be put down with there ampire and kick them out La malvinas . They and oil are incredibly greedy and soon they will perish in Malvinas
Viva il duce !
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:25 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.