armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Help and Assistance
User Name
Password

Old 05-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Recruit

Default Need information about family day

I would like to go visit my boyfriend for family day. It will be his 36-hr leave in the middle of july, and I havent been able to find much information about it.
I would like to fly down to fort benning GA, from ohio, but I want to know what I have to do to be able to do that.
How can I get from the airport to the base? I wont have a car at all considering I'm flying and I wont be able to rent one because I am not old enough. I am only 21 and I guess you have to be 25.
Can I go to the base the night before or will I have to wait until the family day starts?
Can I stay on base at the post guest housing?
Where do I go? What do I bring? What cant I bring? etc etc etc.
There is so many things that I would like to figure out before I make any sort of reservations, but I havent been able to contact anyone who will give me any information!

Please help!!

Old 05-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Private

I'm new to all this too, and haven't been there yet. But I've been rsearching as much as possible and GAP has lots of posts from parents who have.

Instead of a 36 hr, they've been getting 2 -12 hr passes. There's a family briefing before they can leave to give instructions.

Not having a car will be a detriment, Ft Benning is huge. Check with every rental company.

If you go to the FB website, there is on post hotels, but you can't reserve until 30 days prior.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Recruit

Awesome. Thanks. Ya not having a car is going to be hard. I'm contemplating just driving down. But that will be a lot of driving for just 2 days. 13 hours one way. Not to mention I am a full-time student even in the summer. Oh well I guess.
Ya he has a 9 hr pass on Saturday and a 11 hr pass on Sunday. So not as much as he had originally anticipated.
There is the family briefing Saturday before his pass.
But thank you very much. If you find out anymore information please let me know. And I will do the same for you if I find out anymore.
Thanks again!

Old 05-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Recruit

Default Ft.Benning

I too have been searching around for info. I'm still waiting to hear from my bf. He has not been doing well. Anyway I went to GAP like Armymom said and there is alot of info from people who have already been there done that.

You can even just browse around and find out.

Good luck to you.