armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Help and Assistance
User Name
Password

Old 05-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Recruit

Default Changing MOS

My husband currently serves as an 11-Bravo and is hoping to change MOS. He has stellar scores on his ASVAB and is currently a PFC. I know this MOS is in high demand so it may be harder to change but we are hoping to find out what his options are once he completes his 15 month deployment?

Old 05-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife56 View Post
My husband currently serves as an 11-Bravo and is hoping to change MOS. He has stellar scores on his ASVAB and is currently a PFC. I know this MOS is in high demand so it may be harder to change but we are hoping to find out what his options are once he completes his 15 month deployment?
He would have to wait for the end of his enlistment and try to reenlist for a different MOS. You can't just change jobs in the middle of an enlistment. Even then reenlisting to change jobs has many different factors like GT score, how critical of a job he is in, his rank and a few more other things. His best bet would be for him to talk to his career counselor.