armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 06-08-2007, 05:03 PM
General of the Armies

Id add to that by saying that theres no substitute to experience.... its tough being away from home is tough for sure... and life does not deal any cosey deals for the real soldier... but as the old saying goes, "when you enlist, you must soldier", so if your real and serious about being a soldier, think of deployment as an opportunity to gain valuable experience, and develop as a professional and as a person.. if it is hairy in deployment, its sure tough, but all you are doing is joining a breed of soldier thats experienced the same and gone before you... and when they get old, tell of the good and bad points of their experiences, and if asked would they do it different, if they had a choice.. answer is "No!".

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 09-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmullins View Post
when my husband came home from AIT his discharge papers said he didnt have enough training in to be deployed. i would think that be true for all who just come out because even though they been through basic and everything, war is so much more and they dont want anyone who is ready to go. have him check his papers and see if they say anything like that.
Well I went into basic in march of 04 and got out of A.I.T. aug. 04 and and by oct 04 I was on my way to go to Iraq and I'm a reservist. If he active duty which make up 80% of the army over there I think, then he's more than likely going to go over. It may seem scary but he did join in a time of war and if you join now you have to expect to go over. Hope he is safe when not if he goes over.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
Odds of deploying are very high, regardless of the base. In case some of you haven't noticed, we are currently engaged in a war with multiple fronts ... you WILL deploy. Period.
WHY DON'T PEOPLE GET THIS???

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 09-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisBrunetteLovesSoldiers View Post
Its me again... i have a few more questions. Well like I said my boyfriend just enlisted in the army in july. And he loves it, well he went to basic in Ft. Sill, OK and then he went to Alabama for A.I.T. training. He graduates from Alabama Dec. 18, he already has his orders and they are to be stationed at Ft. Bragg. That's great for me because i only live 30 minutes away. But everyone is telling me that if he gets stationed at Ft. Bragg that it won't be long before he gets deployed. I just need to know if this is false information or forreal.
It just depends... my hubby had to report to our post Sept 7th... and several units are leaving in Nov. We thought we were one of them, but apparently his group is WEIRD and is leaving mid June/July of 2008... that can change...

BASICALLY... it wouldn't be shocking if he deployed... it appears that IF someone goes overseas it averages 3 months after they get to their post... (as the earliest they would deploy as a newbie to the army.)

It will happen... eventually...

-Fireball

Old 09-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
Odds of deploying are very high, regardless of the base. In case some of you haven't noticed, we are currently engaged in a war with multiple fronts ... you WILL deploy. Period.
Umm hate to say it but SO TRUE!!!!! you know your sh** dont ya?!?!?!

Old 09-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
WHY DON'T PEOPLE GET THIS???
I didnt get it in the begining INTELL someone like actully sat down and told ME THE DETAILS thank GOD for the recrutiers THAT CARE aobut the families!!!

Old 09-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Wills View Post
I didnt get it in the begining INTELL someone like actully sat down and told ME THE DETAILS thank GOD for the recrutiers THAT CARE aobut the families!!!
So you're one of them huh??? hahahahaha Well, military.. war time... it's alright... many people don't have common sense... I need to realize that...

-Fireball

Old 09-24-2007, 08:53 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to kmullins

my MIL and SIL keep telling me since they are going to pull sometroops out of Iraq mick wont have to go now. i tell them there total morons and dont know what there talking about but they wont listen. what bothers you more, people with no common sense or complete morons?

Old 09-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Sergeant First Class

OUCH!!! that one HURT!!! I understand a lot more now THANKS to YALL and the recrutiers!!! that one hit me hard anyways I have SOME common sense (maybe not a lot hey at least ill admit it!! )

Old 09-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Wills View Post
OUCH!!! that one HURT!!! I understand a lot more now THANKS to YALL and the recrutiers!!! that one hit me hard anyways I have SOME common sense (maybe not a lot hey at least ill admit it!! )
Hahaha - thing is we still LOVE you. That's just how it is.

-Fireball