armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Current Events
User Name
Password

Old 09-16-2004, 01:59 PM
Recruit

Exclamation New Us Army Infantry Weapons

Just heard about these 2 new weapons that are meant to replace the m4 and m16 rifles.

Which One would you vote For
Xm08

and the O.I.C.W Objective Individual combat weapon

Old 09-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Administrator

They both look kind of bulky compaired to the m16. What about the M4 or P90? These I'd want the M4A1. What's the advantage of these new ones? They look like laser rifles!

Old 09-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Recruit

The O.I.C.W has a much higher rate of incapacitation than any rifle ever produced by man. The barrel on top actually shoots 20 mm grenades out. It can fire 6 of these high explosive grenades extremely far and all semi automatically(when u pull the trigger a grenade shoots out instantly). The rifle portion is extremely accurate as well it rests under the grenade launching barrel. The scope mounted on top is actually a camera that auoto zooms for accurate fire. The O.I.C.W is said to be more accurate than the ak47. Firing 5.56mm bullets. The unit cost is less and the wieght is just 2 lbs heavier then the m16 a2 with grenade launcher. As Bulky as it may look this weapon may be the replacement for the 2 60's rifles.This weapon has been under contrustion by the AAI corporation since 1996. It is scheduled to be field testing in live units in early 2005.

OICW is also compable with the land warrior system which allows one to take complete cover from fire and still fire accurately.
Land warrior sytem in use with an M4(notice the huge camera,this wont be necesarry for the OICW, just plug right in)

The Xm08 is an extremely lightwieght rifle. Most of the rifle composed of plastic. The Xmo8 fires 5.56mm bullets and has no grenade launching system planned. it started construction in late 2003. May be released in late 2006.

To Be Honest i think the O.I.C.W will win the new rifle. Its a question of which one of these 2 rifles will replace the M4 and M16. The M4 and M16 are being retired in 2007.

Last edited by Abramsuser; 09-17-2004 at 01:25 PM..

Old 09-20-2004, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Those are some pretty impressive stats. The first one looks like it would be a pretty handy weapon to have around.

Old 10-24-2004, 01:09 AM
Private

I like the first one. Maybe we could enstate both and have the xm80 for rifleman and the other for grenadiers. Ya know just different weapons for different tasks. I still think the m16 out guns anything any other country has right now.

Old 10-25-2004, 12:09 PM
Private

Default awsome

dude thats hella tight weapons i like them. i want to use them when i enlist

Old 11-04-2004, 04:49 PM
Recruit

I think that the O.I.C.W would be great for soldiers on foot because they can hide behind stuff and raise the gun above them and use the camera to shoot enemy targets. Right now im 16 turning 17 jan 13 and im looking forward to enlisting and when i do enlist i want to have some action with a sniper rifle. The reason i say that is because i go hunting with my friend and his dad sometime and we use some kind of sniper gun not sure but its awesome

Old 11-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Recruit

Default abranger

hi My name is abranger

Old 11-20-2004, 09:01 AM
Recruit

Lightbulb Abranger

I would definatly vote for the O.I.C.W

Old 12-16-2004, 09:26 PM
First Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Firefox
Default Sniper3_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper3_1
I think that the O.I.C.W would be great for soldiers on foot because they can hide behind stuff and raise the gun above them and use the camera to shoot enemy targets. Right now im 16 turning 17 jan 13 and im looking forward to enlisting and when i do enlist i want to have some action with a sniper rifle. The reason i say that is because i go hunting with my friend and his dad sometime and we use some kind of sniper gun not sure but its awesome
Hey Kid hows it going?

Not to bust your morales or anything but it is always nice to go hunting i know that for a fact but what i can tell you from what ive seen.. hunting a deer and hunting a person are 2 very different things.. Very Different!.

People think that killing now is Ok. What we see on TV and what we see in real life are 2 totaly different things. it is not the same i can tell you that for a fact.
it might be fun but once you see what it does to a person you will no longer find it amusing.
these are lives we take, not games we kill and eat. but you will find out when you become of age. join the core train hard and be wise of your actions

Training will take you far once you learn how to use it corectly.
Be Safe , and be Good.

CPL Forsyth